Updated Pre-Draft Visit Mock

Astrobot

I'm listing my guess where each visitor will be drafted. Some may not be available at that round by the time we pick. I've also put them in likelihood order:

[updated Wednesday, 4/10/13]

RD1---8------------OLB Jarvis Jones-----QB Geno Smith---- LB Barkevious Mingo

RD1---Trade----- ILB Alec Ogletree -----QB Matt Barkley---QB Manuel--------------S Kenny Vaccaro--LB Kevin Minter

RD2---41----------QB Wilson----------------QB Nassib---------OLB Jamie Collins----WR Woods----------WR Hunter

RD3---71----------WR Ryan Swope--------QB Matt Scott;-----QB Tyler Bray-----------QB Glennon--------WR Da'Rick Rogers, Tenn.

RD4---105--------QB Landry Jones-------CB Tyrann Mathieu

RD5---143--------TE Mychal Rivera-------TE Ryan Griffin-----WR Zach Rogers

RD6—177-------- OG JC Tretter

RD7-UDFA--------SS Cooper Taylor

UDFA

FS Malcolm Bronson, McNeese State

S Jonathan Meeks, Clemson

WR Russell Shepard, LSU

Jeff Tuel QB Wash.St.

TE Ryan Griffin, Connecticut

QB Jeff Tuel, Washington State

If you know any others that are not posted on the official list, let me know and I'll add them.

Astro

Edited by Astrobot

If they didn't come to OBD for a visit then you can forget about us drafting them in the first.

Here's my list of potential prospects at 8:

G. Smith

R. Nassib

M. Barkley

J. Jones

B. Mingo

K. Vaccaro

Not sure if I buy this anymore. I think that the last regime was pretty forthcoming as to their intentions and didnt care too much for smokescreens. You best believe that Russ Brandon is all about playing the game. I think that this group will play their hand a little closer to the vest. My guess would be OLB (Jones, Jordan), WR (Patterson, Austin) or Geno. I think that Vaccaro could be the wildcard.

As I understand it the Bills QB big board is Geno, Mauel, Wilson (followed by Nassib and Barkley). Unless things have changed in the last couple of weeks I would be very, very surprised to hear either Nassib or Barkley called at 8.

Not sure if I buy this anymore. I think that the last regime was pretty forthcoming as to their intentions and didnt care too much for smokescreens. You best believe that Russ Brandon is all about playing the game. I think that this group will play their hand a little closer to the vest. My guess would be OLB (Jones, Jordan), WR (Patterson, Austin) or Geno. I think that Vaccaro could be the wildcard.

As I understand it the Bills QB big board is Geno, Mauel, Wilson (followed by Nassib and Barkley). Unless things have changed in the last couple of weeks I would be very, very surprised to hear either Nassib or Barkley called at 8.

Link ???? Or some inside scoop ?

Spiller came in for a visit. Chan hinted at wanting an elusive, fast RB before the draft.

Dareus came in for a visit. Nix needed to build our defense and said as much before the draft.

Gilmore came in for a visit. Nix said that in today's league you need big, fast corners because WRs are getting bigger and faster.

This year Nix and company have been focusing heavily on QBs. The writing is on the wall. Marrone knows that you need a good QB to succeed in this league. This is not a smokescreen. Nix isn't going to draft a guy at 8 that he hasn't had a private workout with or used one of his 30 visits on.

Also, how do you know what Nix's QB ratings look like? That's just pure speculation that you're trying to pass off as a fact.

Edited by Bangarang

I'm listing my guess where each visitor will be drafted. Some may not be available at that round by the time we pick. I've also put them in likelihood order:

RD1---8------------OLB Jarvis Jones-----QB Geno Smith---- LB Barkevious Mingo

RD1---Trade----- ILB Alec Ogletree -----QB Matt Barkley---QB Manuel---------------S Kenny Vaccaro--LB Kevin Minter

RD2---41----------QB Wilson----------------QB Nassib---------OLB Jamie Collins-----WR Woods----------WR Hunter

RD3---71----------WR Ryan Swope--------QB Matt Scott;-----QB Tyler Bray-------------QB Glennon

RD4---105--------QB Landry Jones-------CB Tyrann Mathieu

RD5---143--------TE Mychal Rivera-------TE Ryan Griffin-----WR Zach Rogers

RD6—177-------- OG JC Tretter

RD7-UDFA--------SS Cooper Taylor

UDFA

S Jonathan Meeks, Clemson

WR Russell Shepard, LSU

Jeff Tuel QB Wash.St.

If you know any others that are not posted on the official list, let me know and I'll add them.

Astro

Great idea for a thread given the Bills history of drafting players who visit OBD.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

That's what I've been told but that was like 10 days ago.

Well, I've been told that what you've been told is completely wrong.

Also, Nix has his draft board set. It's not changing. All the evaluations and rankings are done at this point. Now it's just about getting a feel for each prospect and seeing which one you think fits what you're trying to do the best.

Well, I've been told that what you've been told is completely wrong.

Also, Nix has his draft board set. It's not changing. All the evaluations and rankings are done at this point. Now it's just about getting a feel for each prospect and seeing which one you think fits what you're trying to do the best.

Same guy that told me Kolb was in town 2 days before anyone else reported it. Again, it may have changed as this was prior to some of the visits and workouts but I am pretty confident that my source told the truth as of 10 days ago.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

I think round 1 and 2 are fairly easy to guess (fairly easy is a relative term, here) - at least as far a positions of need, prospets that fit the bill - but when the draft hits rounds 3 and beyond it really becomes impossible to predict, because when certain highly rated players slide they just throw everything out of whack. I think the first few rounds, and UDFA, are easier to predict than the mid to late rounds.

That being said, I find guessing with any degree of confidence about this year's draft really hard. We just don't know who is making the decisions, we don't know, really, what Pettine and Marrone are looking for, we don't know how deep they percieve various positions.

When I make predictions about who they might go after I'm purely basing my predictions on who I would go after if I were GM. Lord knows that has got me nowhere with guessing the Bills drafts. Still - I'm not complaining about Nix's first 3 drafts, on the whole, because I think he's done good in some regards. I think he's really missed on some things - like Troupe, some of the 5th, 6th, and 7th round picks, and definitely on the QB situation - but, I also think he's remade our roster into a bigger, stronger, more capable unit, and I think if he has an excellent draft this year we might be pressing to make the playoffs this year.

When it comes to the visits - I think the Bills are mostly visiting with players they think they'll have a shot at. Like I said, by rounds 3 and later there are always guys they never thought would be there, so we'll see.

Same guy that told me Kolb was in town 2 days before anyone else reported it. Again, it may have changed as this was prior to some of the visits and workouts but I am pretty confident that my source told the truth as of 10 days ago.

Why would their evaluation and ranking of a player change based on a one day visit at OBD or a private workout in gym shorts? Their evaluations and rankings are done and set.

So you have a source that has inside information on Nix's draft board rankings? :rolleyes:

Edited by Bangarang

Why would their evaluation and ranking of a player change based on a one day visit at OBD or a private workout in gym shorts? Their evaluations and rankings are done and set.

So you have a source that has inside information on Nix's draft board rankings? :rolleyes:

Yeah, he's legit and everything that he has ever given me has come true.

Like I said though this was before the workouts and visits with any of these guys. If someone impressed them maybe it moved the board somewhat. Also, strange things happen in the draft (ie Jax and Arizona take QBs). That could change everything.

Updated:

RD1---8------------OLB Jarvis Jones-----QB Geno Smith-------LB Barkevious Mingo

RD1---Trade----- ILB Alec Ogletree -----QB Matt Barkley-------QB Manuel---------------FS Kenny Vaccaro---LB Kevin Minter

RD2---41----------QB Nassib----------------OLB Jamie Collins-- QB Wilson---------------WR Woods-------------WR Hunter

RD3---71----------WR Ryan Swope--------QB Matt Scott;---------QB Tyler Bray------------QB Glennon

RD4---105--------QB Landry Jones-------CB Tyrann Mathieu---

RD5---143--------TE Mychal Rivera-------TE Ryan Griffin--------WR Zach Rogers

RD6—177-------- OG JC Tretter-----------

RD7-UDFA--------SS Cooper Taylor------WR Alec Lemon-------WR Marcus Sales

UDFA

SS Jonathan Meeks, Clemson

WR Russell Shepard, LSU

OG Zack Chibane, Syracuse

TE David Stevens, Syracuse

Are you saying that their top 5 rated players are all QBs or are you saying that is how they rank the QBs without regard to other positions?

Are you saying that their top 5 rated players are all QBs or are you saying that is how they rank the QBs without regard to other positions?

Just how the QBs are ranked. I don't know where they are in relation to other players (or if the rankings have changed based on visits and workouts).

Just how the QBs are ranked. I don't know where they are in relation to other players (or if the rankings have changed based on visits and workouts).

funny but those would be my guesses for their top 3 as well... no inside info though. i just think they like Wilson more than many suspect. maybe other teams do to and nobody wants to start any buzz on him, which is why it seems he's fallen.

Cool inside info, thanks for sharing!

Can your contact share why they really like Geno Smith? How do they rationalize his team finishing 2-5 in their last 7 games while he had two very highly regarded NFL prospects to throw to? I know that their defense was bad, but I'd like to think that a #1 pick QB could elevate his team to a better finish than the team's overall talent level would otherwise dictate - isn't that what the team would be expecting if they brought him in?

Edited by OldTimer1960

Cool inside info, thanks for sharing!

Can your contact share why they really like Geno Smith? How do they rationalize his team finishing 2-5 in their last 7 games while he had two very highly regarded NFL prospects to throw to? I know that their defense was bad, but I'd like to think that a #1 pick QB could elevate his team to a better finish than the team's overall talent level would otherwise dictate - isn't that what the team would be expecting if they brought him in?

the team avg like 38 points in those losses. but gave up 50+. if you have your team scoring that much in losses is it really on him? whats he do to tell the D stop sucking? hahaha he doesnt play defense. i just dont get the rational of people who say that he lost those games. he did more than most could have and he protected the ball rather well in those losses when he was forced to try and lead combacks.

the team avg like 38 points in those losses. but gave up 50+. if you have your team scoring that much in losses is it really on him? whats he do to tell the D stop sucking? hahaha he doesnt play defense. i just dont get the rational of people who say that he lost those games. he did more than most could have and he protected the ball rather well in those losses when he was forced to try and lead combacks.

I am not in disagreement and (I) don't believe that it is "all about the QB". However, Tom Brady and Peyton Manning have taken some weak defenses deep into the playoffs. If folks believe that the QB is by far the most important position on the field, then he should be able to elevate sub-par surrounding talent to better results.

In direct opposition to Geno Smith, Ryan Nassib (whom many here sneer at) elevated his Syracuse team to levels that they likely couldn't have hoped for without him. Now, I am not saying that Nassib should be picked at 8 either, but the discussion is interesting. Does he have those intangible skills to get better results from his team than their talent dictates?

I am not in disagreement and (I) don't believe that it is "all about the QB". However, Tom Brady and Peyton Manning have taken some weak defenses deep into the playoffs. If folks believe that the QB is by far the most important position on the field, then he should be able to elevate sub-par surrounding talent to better results.

In direct opposition to Geno Smith, Ryan Nassib (whom many here sneer at) elevated his Syracuse team to levels that they likely couldn't have hoped for without him. Now, I am not saying that Nassib should be picked at 8 either, but the discussion is interesting. Does he have those intangible skills to get better results from his team than their talent dictates?

what skills could he have to keep that terrible defense from letting up 50 points? he helped them score what should have been plenty enough points.

this is like the argument that jarvis jones ran a slow 40 even tho its common knowledge he tweaked his hammy early on in that workout.

watching both of them play tells me they are really good players.