Just got hired into my first management position - looking for insight

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sheep are not as dumb as some animals...

Pigs are chickens are the smartest. Any bird, for that matter, is pretty smart. Turkeys incredibly so. If a turkey sees you it will immediately flee. If you are far enough away it will get in a location where a tree will be between you and it and use that angle to walk directly away from you. Pigs are free thinkers, though. They have the ability to create new thought from my experience. Many animals learn by routine. A pig will say screw it, that seems like a good opportunity or idea and do it.

I would argue that cows are smarter then horses. Cows are just lazier. A horse in a square pen will walk until it reaches a corner. At that point it just stops. A cow, on the other hand will continue the perimeter.

Goats are good with spaces and dimensions, they are willing to try anything and are tough as nails so they can get away with a lot...unlike a horse who is a sissy.

Sheep are finicky little idiots who just sit there and stand there and eat. They are like cows but they do not move.

Chickens??? I would never have guessed that.

Sheep are not as dumb as some animals...

Pigs are chickens are the smartest. Any bird, for that matter, is pretty smart. Turkeys incredibly so. If a turkey sees you it will immediately flee. If you are far enough away it will get in a location where a tree will be between you and it and use that angle to walk directly away from you. Pigs are free thinkers, though. They have the ability to create new thought from my experience. Many animals learn by routine. A pig will say screw it, that seems like a good opportunity or idea and do it.

I would argue that cows are smarter then horses. Cows are just lazier. A horse in a square pen will walk until it reaches a corner. At that point it just stops. A cow, on the other hand will continue the perimeter.

Goats are good with spaces and dimensions, they are willing to try anything and are tough as nails so they can get away with a lot...unlike a horse who is a sissy.

Sheep are finicky little idiots who just sit there and stand there and eat. They are like cows but they do not move.

Obviously you've never seen wild sheep. Move? Hell they defy gravity.

it depends on your temperament. Cows are more forgiving then most animals and as long as you have good fences you can keep a cow. Pigs are not that bad. Sheep can have a lot of issues if not kept clean. Goats might be the easiest, though. $40 and you can get a decent goat that will eat anything you put it on.

The weeds on the place I used to live in California would disagree with you.

Ive always maintained that cats are smarter than dogs. Dogs do whatever you tell them to. Cats do what they want to do. People confuse obedience with intelligence.

Shut Up and SIT Down!!!

Pick out the biggest, toughest employee and beat.the crap out of him. The rest will fall in line.

Waht does this have to do with sheep?