Ed Hoculi

bobblehead

Ref's hardly ever get any credit, but he is calling a good game. I'm glad that Barton elbow got caught, I could see a few NFL crews not calling it, especially the crew working the Seattle/St. Louis game. I saw a dude get arm-whipped to ground in that game, while out-of-bounds (!) and the refs just toodle-loo'ed right past it..

"Letting the players play" my ass. Refs need to be consistent. All year long.

Ref's hardly ever get any credit, but he is calling a good game.  I'm glad that Barton elbow got caught, I could see a few NFL crews not calling it, especially the crew working the Seattle/St. Louis game.  I saw a dude get arm-whipped to ground in that game, while out-of-bounds (!) and the refs just toodle-loo'ed right past it..

"Letting the players play" my ass. Refs need to be consistent. All year long.

198913[/snapback]

That crew is terrible. I can't imagine where you are coming from with your assessment. Yeah, they made the right call on the roughing, but they were incredibly over officious for most of the game, as they always are. Hoculi seems to like the spotlight a bit too much for an official.

Ed is probably the worst ref in Football.  Every week I pray we don't get hocheri or Tom white, Walt Coleman.  Anyone who think refs in football do a good job is crazy they suck!!!!!

199028[/snapback]

Then go out and do the job yourself next football season. It's easy to get into and they even pay you.

CW

I can see by your signature line you've been watching Twilight Zone. That was a good episode.

199702[/snapback]

best episode ever as far as im concerned. I think we all need to visit Willoughby once in awhile.

Ed is probably the worst ref in Football.  Every week I pray we don't get hocheri or Tom white, Walt Coleman.  Anyone who think refs in football do a good job is crazy they suck!!!!!

199028[/snapback]

Are you kidding?

Ed is one of the best refs (not to mention my fave). He calls the game right down the middle, and takes the time to explain things.

Are you kidding?

Ed is one of the best refs (not to mention my fave). He calls the game right down the middle, and takes the time to explain things.

199961[/snapback]

I concur, Hoculi always alls a good game, he doesn't cater to the home eam and his explainations are always the best. Plus, Ed could probobly lay the smack down.

He's also a scratch golfer.  Bastard has everything a guy wants.  A job in the spotlight, nice guns and a great golf game.  :lol:  He should be tested for steroids.  :lol:

199784[/snapback]

He's also an attorney when he's not reffing!

And in my opinion, the guy is the best ref in the league.

By the way, whoever in this thread said Tom White (aka, Alfred Hitchcock) was good, is crazy. What a terrible official!