Dinner with Al Gore

lol yeah if you consider 1950's style nationalistic braggadocio reasonably strong

he gets credit for brokering a partnership with pakistan and for penning a couple nuclear treaties in russia but other than that junior had disasterous foreign policy

1. No defense of Al Gore, and thus admitting the accuracy of my analysis

2. Tacit admission that Bush started behind Obama, yet is clearly going to finish ahead...at the very least: economically. Try this on for size: IF Bush hadn't cashiered his credibility with Iraq, he would easily have been able to put an immediate end to Barney Frank's profligacy, and Chuck Dodd idiocy.

3. Do you admit that without the politicization of Iraq, and the fact that Obama is black, there'd be no way in hell he'd be in office?

I mean really: given Obama's ability to get results, do you really think his election is/was about qualifications? :lol:

Look at it this way: Al Gore, by the numbers and if Nate Silver was around at the time, using his methodology, he would have sworn this to be true, should have easily won. Al Gore was trained from birth to be President. He was a Governor of a Southern Red State. He served in Viet Nam. He was the ultimate Democratic Candidate, having all of the historical strengths, and none of the historical weaknesses. He was part of a successful(mostly) administration.

But, Al Gore is white. Thus, he failed with the primary qualification for Democrats. And, he failed with the primary qualifcation for human being: he's a douchebag. Think about it: the guy doesn't even have the class/sense to keep his mouth shut to a reporter, at a dinner party of all places. Do you attend social work events? It is wise to be loudly critical of a colleague, at a work social event, especially in front of wives/husbands etc.?

What did Gore think was going to happen? If you were Gore, wouldn't you think your work colleague would nail your ass to he floorboards on Monday? I would have. Woodward did. But, Gore is either a moron, doesn't care, or doesn't care to recognize that there is no 3rd martini at a work party(many shouldn't have the first), so why should we?

IF Al Gore had been black, he wins easily, using the same Nate Silver method Obama used.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How many people know that Al Gore, being anti-Vietnam War, volunteered for the Army to serve in Vietnam, so his and his father's anti-Vietnam criticism wouldn't be a campaign issue for Papa Gore?

Al Gore...compromising principles for politics since 1970. !@#$ing douchebag.

Edited by DC Tom

How many people know that Al Gore, being anti-Vietnam War, volunteered for the Army to serve in Vietnam, so his and his father's anti-Vietnam criticism wouldn't be a campaign issue for Papa Gore?

yeah being against a war but still entering service so some other poor smuck doesn't have to makes you a !@#$ing douchebag

while Dick ( I never met a war I didn't like as long as I can get a deferment ) Cheney is a !@#$ing American hero

yeah being against a war but still entering service so some other poor smuck doesn't have to makes you a !@#$ing douchebag

Yes. That's exactly what Tom wrote. . Gore volunteered for Vietnam to make sure someone else didn't have to go.

And by "exactly" I mean "you have no freaking clue WTF you're talking about."

When Gore graduated in 1969, his student deferment ended and he immediately became eligible for the military draft. His father, a vocal anti-Vietnam War critic, was facing a reelection in 1970. Gore eventually decided that the best way he could contribute to the anti-war effort was to enlist in the Army, which would improve his father's reelection prospects.[34] Although nearly all of his Harvard classmates avoided the draft and service in Vietnam,[35] Gore believed if he found a way around military service, he would be handing an issue to his father's Republican opponent.[36] According to Gore's Senate biography, "He appeared in uniform in his father's campaign commercials, one of which ended with his father advising: 'Son, always love your country.'[34] Despite this, Al senior lost the election.

Gore has said that his other reason for enlisting was that he did not want someone with fewer options than he to go in his place.[37] Actor Tommy Lee Jones, a former college housemate, recalled Gore saying that "if he found a fancy way of not going, someone else would have to go in his place.His Harvard advisor, Richard Neustadt, also stated that Gore decided, "that he would have to go as an enlisted man because, he said, 'In Tennessee, that's what most people have to do.'" In addition, Michael Roche, Gore's editor for The Castle Courier, stated that "anybody who knew Al Gore in Vietnam knows he could have sat on his butt and he didn't."[36]

It's from Wikipedia.

And it demonstrates EXACTLY what I said - Gore volunteered to benefit Daddy's campaign.

You of all people should agree that a link to a quote is important. I'm not saying any of the information posted is false. He has been asked to post links before and continues to "quote" without providing a link to the quote. Besides, it would be nice to know if the info is coming from Infowars, HuffPost or if he's just making schit up.

You of all people should agree that a link to a quote is important. I'm not saying any of the information posted is false. He has been asked to post links before and continues to "quote" without providing a link to the quote. Besides, it would be nice to know if the info is coming from Infowars, HuffPost or if he's just making schit up.

I didn't want to let him hang on a technicality when he's digging himself a nice, deep hole.

It's from Wikipedia.

And it demonstrates EXACTLY what I said - Gore volunteered to benefit Daddy's campaign.

except without your spin

When Gore graduated in 1969, his student deferment ended and he immediately became eligible for the military draft. His father, a vocal anti-Vietnam War critic, was facing a reelection in 1970. Gore eventually decided that the best way he could contribute to the anti-war effort was to enlist in the Army, which would improve his father's reelection prospects.[34] Although nearly all of his Harvard classmates avoided the draft and service in Vietnam,[35] Gore believed if he found a way around military service, he would be handing an issue to his father's Republican opponent.[36] According to Gore's Senate biography, "He appeared in uniform in his father's campaign commercials, one of which ended with his father advising: 'Son, always love your country.'[34] Despite this, Al senior lost the election.

Gore has said that his other reason for enlisting was that he did not want someone with fewer options than he to go in his place.[37] Actor Tommy Lee Jones, a former college housemate, recalled Gore saying that "if he found a fancy way of not going, someone else would have to go in his place.His Harvard advisor, Richard Neustadt, also stated that Gore decided, "that he would have to go as an enlisted man because, he said, 'In Tennessee, that's what most people have to do.'" In addition, Michael Roche, Gore's editor for The Castle Courier, stated that "anybody who knew Al Gore in Vietnam knows he could have sat on his butt and he didn't

That's not compromising his principle it's making a sacrifice for a principle.

Edited by ....lybob

except without your spin

Until you provide a credible link I'll be assuming you made all this up lyrbob.

Edited by 3rdnlng

Until you prove a credible link I'll be assuming you made all this up lyrbob.

Actor Tommy Lee Jones, a former college housemate, recalled Gore saying that "if he found a fancy way of not going, someone else would have to go in his place.

Tommy_Lee_Jones_1.jpg

3rdnlng..........You don't believe me ?

It's from Wikipedia.

No, no, he changed the reason he did it after Tommy Lee Jones told him what a giant douchebag he was for covering his dad's ass.

I seem to recall Gore's father's voting record indicated he hated black people, too. Didn't he vote against the Civil Rights Act of '64?

Not sure why anyone would think highly of a guy who screams about global warming while his fully lit mansion can be seen from the moon. But there's someone for everyone I guess. I spent a long time defending JP Losman.

Tommy_Lee_Jones_1.jpg

3rdnlng..........You don't believe me ?

Well, he did smoke out that "We Come In Peace" guy and scared the schit out of Dr. Richard Kimble enough to slide down a 1000' waterslide. Hmmmm. I still want a link, but maybe a slightly different one. Maybe a link from lyrbob to one of the subhumans?

post-9928-0-86902300-1365474121_thumb.jpg

Yes, it's making a sacrifice of HIS PRINCIPLES.

Being anti-war and going to war to further someone else's anti-war stance isn't "sacrifice." It's complete hypocrisy of the most double-jointed kind.

Yes, it's making a sacrifice of HIS PRINCIPLES.

Being anti-war and going to war to further someone else's anti-war stance isn't "sacrifice." It's complete hypocrisy of the most double-jointed kind.

You nailed it, but I still have reservations about the lesser evil winning the bout. :devil:

You nailed it, but I still have reservations about the lesser evil winning the bout. :devil:

...lybob's just going to come back and tell me I'm wrong, and prove it by cutting and pasting from Wikipedia for a third time.

Because he'll never understand...because it's completely unsurprising that a leftist should have no comprehension of "principles".

Well, he did smoke out that "We Come In Peace" guy and scared the schit out of Dr. Richard Kimble enough to slide down a 1000' waterslide. Hmmmm. I still want a link, but maybe a slightly different one. Maybe a link from lyrbob to one of the subhumans?

I want to laugh at this, I know there's a joke there but I'm missing it. Who did I smoke out with?? (I forget a lot)

I want to laugh at this, I know there's a joke there but I'm missing it. Who did I smoke out with?? (I forget a lot)

Not being from here, you just wouldn't understand. You should ask the government for a "blue card". I wish you luck.