McShay Mock Draft 4.1

Not a big fan. Living in LSU territory you get to see quite a bit of all of these SEC guys. Mingo is a freakish athlete that lacks production. He is not good against the run, only has one move and cant shed blockers. I am not going to call him the "M" word but everytime I see the guy play that is all I can think about.

1st Maybin comparison in 5...4...3...2...1... ;)

I hate to be that guy but he reminds me exactly of him.

Quick, name the last LSU front 7 defensive player who has lived up to his draft pick......If it wasn't for Patrick Peterson, I would say ANY LSU defensive player. Seems like they bust a lot.

Quick, name the last LSU front 7 defensive player who has lived up to his draft pick......If it wasn't for Patrick Peterson, I would say ANY LSU defensive player. Seems like they bust a lot.

And offensive.

I was watching Barkevious a bit last night and was disappointed because while I was watching the QBs videos, Mingo seemed very noticeable as a pass rusher.

The South Carolina tackle completely owned him.

But the thing I noticed about LSU's defense in the South Carolina and Clemson games is that they looked quite a bit like Wanny's defense last year.

Very vanilla.

I wonder if they keep things simple so the players can play fast. I wonder if it makes it harder for their players to transition to the pros.

I was watching Barkevious a bit last night and was disappointed because while I was watching the QBs videos, Mingo seemed very noticeable as a pass rusher.

But the thing I noticed about LSU's defense in the South Carolina and Clemson games is that they looked quite a bit like Wanny's defense last year.

Very vanilla.

I wonder if they keep things simple so the players can play fast. I wonder if it makes it harder for their players to transition to the pros.

Seriously LSU players just have such a poor track record in the NFL. I know each player is an individual but the track record is just so long and consistant that I wouldn't risk it.

Very vanilla.

What was it that Mayock said about Mingo at the Combine? Something about being a leader in high fives and butt slaps? He's an amazing athlete...But if he's going to be a great NFL OLB it may take some time...He simply did not have the production to match his incredible athletic ability... B-)