Steve Johnson's interesting tweet.

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The tweet was dumb. It was neither funny nor offensive. Yesterday was tragic, Stevie had nothing to do with it. He's had lots of receiving yards the past few years, but they haven't translated to wins. He's really good at getting open, yes yes yes.

Can we at least all agree the guy is a bit of a bozo every once in awhile, and leave it at that?

yup - i think you summed up my feelings on the situation pretty well.

I still think it's a very funny tweet. Me and my dad laughed about it yesterday.

But then again Im a very rational person who doesn't post nonsense like a lot of you in this thread. Find better things to do, stop judging others, especially those of you with skewed views

The Big Cat hit the nail on the head. The tragedy in Boston was and is horrific. Stevie offered some un-sensitive remarks, but they were not meant as malicious and certainly not as fore-shadowing to the events at the Marathon. I do, however, hope that he thinks before offering up his tweets going forth.

The bombing MA idea doesn't seem as funny now, time to grow up Stevie.

Regardless, wishing harm on anyone / anywhere especially in the continental US is crazy. People forgot that we were attacked by people that hate us, that can happen anywhere at anytime. Stevie's comments show his immaturity & his complete lack of what can happen, I just as soon trade him now because he's just clueless & will never get it. The joker stunt thingy he pulled was just a sign of his inability to have good taste, he lost me as a fan.

This type of mentality is why I left the Buffalo area, clueless humps permeate WNY. Call over to Boston & see if this was cute or funny. What if the Pats players wished harm on Buffalo & then a bomb went off downtown? Would you still consider it funny before or after people died or were injured ? It's not innocent fun, it's vulgar & classless.

You obviously have no children, that shows up real quick. Right past your inability to write past a 7th grade level.

I'm more embarrassed than offended, Jhanley2020 on another site are used twitter to tell a Boston radio DJ to ST** when the DJ called everyone a Patriot, JH signed it BillsMafia. This type of behavior makes us look even more classless, then you wonder why we lose all the time.

I wanted to leave this thread alone. People getting bent out of shape bc of a joke was maddening enough and then this guy shows up. Listen the joke that he made was still funny. The bombing unless it was done by Stevie himself has nothing NOTHING to do with his tweet. Boston isn't Foxboro. As for clueless humps (great insult btw I'll admit to chuckling - mostly at you but still...) I would love to know what enlightened area you live in that is clueless hump free. If I were to call over to Boston I would imagine a majority were unaware of his tweet and those that had would be smart enough to know it had nothing to do with yesterday. The last bolded section is entertainment for me as well. Trying to understand your next post made me immediately think of your insult. 1 person on twitter doesn't represent the whole of BIlls or Bills fans. The best is your tying of the Bills woes to twitter and fans responses on their.

I'll admit I started out irritated but these posts were so funny I can longer be mad at you. Every village has an idiot and I am glad to have found ours :thumbsup:

Just another reason I can't stand this Bills Mafia moniker. Douche's use it at the end of their douchey tweets and all Bills fans look like douche's.

So one person represents the whole group.... hmm interesting... Where is the next Klan meeting?

The tweet was dumb. It was neither funny nor offensive. Yesterday was tragic, Stevie had nothing to do with it. He's had lots of receiving yards the past few years, but they haven't translated to wins. He's really good at getting open, yes yes yes.

Can we at least all agree the guy is a bit of a bozo every once in awhile, and leave it at that?

Personally, I've never been remotely offended by any of his so-called antics. I actually get a kick out of how upset the up-tight, military-style, "get off my lawn" types get over it.

Cat I was going to respond but Rob did well to summarize what I wanted to say. The Plaxico thing? Hilarious! The 15 yards it cost? Well if we had an NFL kicker it probably would have been less remembered. The happy new years? Never have I seen so many people up in arms over a congratulatory wish. The drop against Pitt? Show me an NFL receiver who hasn't dropped a pass. This tweet? I found it funny and not even remotely offensive. So no I don't think he is a "bozo." He is a young multimillionaire who isn't in trouble with the law, doesn't disrespect the team, is a positive role model for kids (no drug allegations, married, never in the news), and plays through whatever injury ails him. All while being the athlete who promotes Buffalo the most. His biggest flaw is *gasp* making jokes.

Personally, I've never been remotely offended by any of his so-called antics. I actually get a kick out of how upset the up-tight, military-style, "get off my lawn" types get over it.

The whole reason I haven't walked away from this futile roundabout is because I feel as though the folks saying he needs to grow up are being misrepresented by those with an opposing viewpoint. I don't think anyone is "offended," but I think people are justifiably annoyed when it's obvious he makes silliness a priority when his company's work product is less than humorous.

I still think it's a very funny tweet. Me and my dad laughed about it yesterday.

But then again Im a very rational person who doesn't post nonsense like a lot of you in this thread. Find better things to do, stop judging others, especially those of you with skewed views

CQ7cyV9.gif

Send me a post card from atop Mt. Pious, won't you?

Cat I was going to respond but Rob did well to summarize what I wanted to say. The Plaxico thing? Hilarious! The 15 yards it cost? Well if we had an NFL kicker it probably would have been less remembered. The happy new years? Never have I seen so many people up in arms over a congratulatory wish. The drop against Pitt? Show me an NFL receiver who hasn't dropped a pass. This tweet? I found it funny and not even remotely offensive. So no I don't think he is a "bozo." He is a young multimillionaire who isn't in trouble with the law, doesn't disrespect the team, is a positive role model for kids (no drug allegations, married, never in the news), and plays through whatever injury ails him. All while being the athlete who promotes Buffalo the most. His biggest flaw is *gasp* making jokes.

Stevie's not paid to be funny. Good thing, because he's not that good at it. Show you a receiver who's never dropped a pass? Show ME an elite receiver who was wide open, dropped a pass IN THE ENDZONE that would have resulted in an overtime win. And sorry, but doing dumb **** that results in penalties is the very definition of disrespecting your team mates.

Stevie's not paid to be funny. Good thing, because he's not that good at it. Show you a receiver who's never dropped a pass? Show ME an elite receiver who was wide open, dropped a pass IN THE ENDZONE that would have resulted in an overtime win. And sorry, but doing dumb **** that results in penalties is the very definition of disrespecting your team mates.

We will have to agree to disagree on the funny part. I liked the tweet but the musket dance where he pretended to get shot and the plaxico dance were hilarious. That Plaxico celebration may be my favorite of all time. I'm sure there are many ELITE receiver's who have dropped passes. How I would search that I have no idea but off the top of my head TO was known to drop the ball regularly. Wait - how about Welker in the superbowl. If he caught that pass the Pats* run the clock and win. Too bad Tommy can't catch the ball too!

As for the penalties - I guess I will cede that point. I don't agree with it at all but will never be able to change your mind on it. He was penalized for going to the ground during a celebration and (inconsistently) for his shirt. I don't find it to be disrespectful but honestly it is all in how his teammates took it. If they felt disrespected than it was disrespectful. I just didn't see it that way.

We will have to agree to disagree on the funny part. I liked the tweet but the musket dance where he pretended to get shot and the plaxico dance were hilarious. That Plaxico celebration may be my favorite of all time. I'm sure there are many ELITE receiver's who have dropped passes. How I would search that I have no idea but off the top of my head TO was known to drop the ball regularly. Wait - how about Welker in the superbowl. If he caught that pass the Pats* run the clock and win. Too bad Tommy can't catch the ball too!

As for the penalties - I guess I will cede that point. I don't agree with it at all but will never be able to change your mind on it. He was penalized for going to the ground during a celebration and (inconsistently) for his shirt. I don't find it to be disrespectful but honestly it is all in how his teammates took it. If they felt disrespected than it was disrespectful. I just didn't see it that way.

I had forgotten about the musket men...that **** was pretty funny. but, it resulted in a penalty, IIRC. The Plax thing was funny, too, right up to the point where he was stupid to do it because he should have known he would have gotten a penalty...which he did.

First off, my condolences to the victims of the bombing yesterday. It was the calculated result of a twisted mind, and anyone that feels Stevie Johnson had ANYTHING to do with this is and idiot to the highest extreme. If Stevie would have tweeted something about bombing/nuking Boston AFTER the attacks it would have been classless and a complete disgrace to himself and the Bills' organization. But no... he made a non-serious/non-threatening joke based upon someone elses comment and people overinflate it take it WAY out of context. I was wondering what fool would chirp in on this first and/or with the most vigor. Now we know.

I suppose we should be all pissed at James Orchard who authored the "Three Little Pigs" for his horrific description of "huffing and puffing and blowing your house in", which to many of you CLEARY represents/forecasts the Twin Tower collapse. Jiminy freaking Christmas people!!!

I had forgotten about the musket men...that **** was pretty funny. but, it resulted in a penalty, IIRC. The Plax thing was funny, too, right up to the point where he was stupid to do it because he should have known he would have gotten a penalty...which he did.

IIRC the Plaxico was a 2 parter. The Plaxico dance was fine and not what he got the penalty for. He made fun of Santonio Holmes doing the flying Jet and got the penalty when he simulated it crashing. HOLY SH*T!!!!!!!!

THE WORLD TRADE CENTER BOMBINGS WERE STEVIE'S FAULT!!!!! Get mitchmurraydowntown here stat! He made a joke about plane's crashing!!! It has to be the same thing as the world trade center!

First off, my condolences to the victims of the bombing yesterday. It was the calculated result of a twisted mind, and anyone that feels Stevie Johnson had ANYTHING to do with this is and idiot to the highest extreme. If Stevie would have tweeted something about bombing/nuking Boston AFTER the attacks it would have been classless and a complete disgrace to himself and the Bills' organization. But no... he made a non-serious/non-threatening joke based upon someone elses comment and people overinflate it take it WAY out of context. I was wondering what fool would chirp in on this first and/or with the most vigor. Now we know.

I suppose we should be all pissed at James Orchard who authored the "Three Little Pigs" for his horrific description of "huffing and puffing and blowing your house in", which to many of you CLEARY represents/forecasts the Twin Tower collapse. Jiminy freaking Christmas people!!!

Uuuuuuh...I think you're talking to an audience of one...if that. I don't think...ah, forget it.

Aww man I wanted to be the one to make the WTC joke! :flirt: Your post went up right before mine!

IIRC the Plaxico was a 2 parter. The Plaxico dance was fine and not what he got the penalty for. He made fun of Santonio Holmes doing the flying Jet and got the penalty when he simulated it crashing. HOLY SH*T!!!!!!!!

THE WORLD TRADE CENTER BOMBINGS WERE STEVIE'S FAULT!!!!! Get mitchmurraydowntown here stat! He made a joke about plane's crashing!!! It has to be the same thing as the world trade center!

LOL at "2 parter"

I love Stevie and most but not all of his antics. The only one I thought was flat stupid was the Plax one. That was just flat excruciatingly dumb. He was bringing attention to a black eye on the league, gun use by a player that resulted in hospitalization and a prison term. Everything else he has done was just for fun and harmless. That one was done for fun but he should have known, with one second of thought, that it wouldn't play with the league, and that they would not appreciate it one bit, and come down hard on him.

The other stuff was goofy fun.

I'm the same, but the problem is these things are constant with Stevie. The organization has to deal with it, and separate themselves from his nonsense. The players have to deal with questions about him. Stevie's status has to make him a leader on this team, at least among the WR core now... do you really want that? I'm sure at least some players have to resent him by now. At some point, Stevie stops being worth the nuisance. I think that point may have already passed, he's far from an elite WR.

I'm the same, but the problem is these things are constant with Stevie. The organization has to deal with it, and separate themselves from his nonsense. The players have to deal with questions about him. Stevie's status has to make him a leader on this team, at least among the WR core now... do you really want that? I'm sure at least some players have to resent him by now. At some point, Stevie stops being worth the nuisance. I think that point may have already passed, he's far from an elite WR.

What makes you sure that some players resent him? By all accounts, his teammates love him.

He's hardly a nuisance...2 unsportsmanlike comments in 4 seasons do not a nuisance make.

He's an excellent receiver, one that's put up very good numbers with marginal-at-best QB play; let's not run the guy out of town for what amounts to an annoyance at worst.

After the bombing?? Sweet.

When N Korea bombs San Fran, no doubt you and dad will have a laugh riot ("the ribs, the ribs!") that day too. It gets funnier and funnier.

That Stevie......

What makes you sure that some players resent him? By all accounts, his teammates love him.

He's hardly a nuisance...2 unsportsmanlike comments in 4 seasons do not a nuisance make.

He's an excellent receiver, one that's put up very good numbers with marginal-at-best QB play; let's not run the guy out of town for what amounts to an annoyance at worst.

Exactly. His teammates seem to love him. The team clearly loves him. The national media seems to love him as he is the guy who gets the most interviews on TV, radio, online, newspapers, etc. Most fans love him. Just the lunatic apron and fringe, IMO, that don't. It's understandable if you don't think he is an elite WR. That's arguable, although I think he is, in the loose sense of "elite."

After the bombing?? Sweet.

When N Korea bombs San Fran, no doubt you and dad will have a laugh riot ("the ribs, the ribs!") that day too. It gets funnier and funnier.

That Stevie......

Ah yes, it must be Stevie's fault that a poster on this board laughed about his comment yesterday.

That WEO...