Just some thoughts.......

If they really wanted Nassib they would pick him with the #8 with or without Kolb. Do I want another CB? No, not really, it's not a sexy enough of a pick but for good, sound football I could accept and understand that pick. What I really hope for is either Dion Jordan or one of the premiere LTs with the #8 pick or a trade down so we can have extra picks in the draft. Unfortunately I don't believe Jordan falls to us and LT is probably not a priority for our front office so it's probably down to either Dee Milliner, Ezekiel Ansah or Star Lotulelei or a trade down. If that is the case my question is what would the fans want in that kind of a scenario?

Correct. Unless they get a trade partner, they will be forced to pick the best player available, which will be Miliner.

I don't think so my friend. I am an Alabama fan for decades and make no mistake, Milliner is good. Far better than Gilmore, and I could see the Bills doing something this stupid, but not this year.

Imo, it doesn't matter at all that Milliner is "good." Building a team around defensive backs is idiotic. It's a sure fire ticket to losing football games, which the Bills have proven for oh so many years. Plus, at this point the Bills will focus on selling tickets.

Say hello to Ryan Nassib, the Bills pick at #8.

Look at the history of drafting this team has done the last decade. So many DB's drafted, think I counted them all once and it was 30+ or so since 2000. It wouldn't surprise me at all to see the Bills going DB again this year at #8 as I think the prevailing thought has been to try and counter Tom Brady, and that Patriot passing attack.

So far that philosophy hasn't worked very well at all, and even recently drafting heavy for the defense (that has floundered badly the last 3 years) hasn't worked well.

Anyway, I don't see the Jags passing on CB Dee Milliner, or a pass rusher. Tho I can only pray that Geno Smith is long gone by the time the Bills pick, perhaps to the Eagles at #4.

The Bills will get a chance to draft some decent talent with that #8 this year, OT, OG, WR are my choices.

I, for one, believe this is a perfect year to trade down (Wanted: Trade Partner). I'm thinking St. Louis, Minnesota (2 1st rounders each) or San Fran (too many picks to know what to do with). That being said, I have no problem selecting BPA at a position of need, in the 20's or @ 31.

My thoughts, however naive or unprofessional they may be...

KOLB IS NOT THE ANSWER, we all know that. If we don't take Barkley/Smith in the 1st, we won't have a shot at them with the teams that select b4 us in the 2nd. Jax, Oak, NYJ, Philly could all be players for a QB in the first 2 rounds. I, for one, am a fan of these two and I wouldn't want any other QB accept Jones in the 5th or 6th (if we're desperate).

I am very confused as to why Patterson is getting so much more love than his more productive, equally talented and athletic, taller, just as fast teammate Justin Hunter. Fine with me if he slips out of the "top 3-5" WR's.

This post could go on forever, so I'll just sum up with a mock (no Idea if I overvalued the trade back with SF, but both 2nd's and 1 of their 3rds seems fair to me):

Rd 1, pick 31 (San Fran) - Matt Barkley, QB, USC

Rd 2, pick 34 (San Fran) - Justin Hunter, WR, Tenn

Rd 2, pick 41 - Kevin Minter, ILB, LSU

Rd 2, pick 61 (San Fran) - Vance McDonald, TE, Rice

Rd 3, pick 71 - Brian Schwenke, C, Cal

Rd 3, pick 74 (San Fran) - Brandon Williams, DT/NT, Mizzu Southern

Rd 4, pick 105 - Tyrann Mathieu, CB, *LSU

Rd 5, pick 143 - Sanders Commings, CB/S, GA

Rd 6, pick 177 - Dustin Hopkins, K, Fl St

Armchair, if this trade down scenario were to occur I'd be so stoked. I love your draft with the exception of QB. Matt Barkley is Ryan Fitzpatrick with better accuracy. The problem is he won't have the arm strength to drive the ball in the Buffalo winds at the Ralph. His shoulder injury should worry people too. Can it be a reoccurring problem? May want to pass on McDonald in the second and snatch another young receiver in DeAndre Hopkins. Grab Escobar with pick 74. Love the Schwenke decision, center will be an area of concern. Mike Glennon will be the QB to take at 31. He's probably the most NFL ready prospect in the draft next to Barkley. Was coached by Tom O'Brien who helped get Matty " Ice" and Russell Wilson acclimated to the NFL game.

Your points are well taken, and appreciated...

I'll take your word for it, but so do I...including an individual, newly hired into a position with much more clout than the scouting dpt., who is a close family friend and if you don't subscribe to the school of thought that "99% of what teams say, prior to the draft, is absolute BS," then you are much more well informed than I.

Also, I'm just saying it would be a big jump to only garner 1 rd 2 or multiple later rd selections. My point, referencing San Fran, was that they are a very strong team who aren't going to wait and try to grab the sleepers in the later rounds, they will go after the studs to add to their arsenal.

Just sayn'.

Appreciate the insight...it will be interesting to see what goes down for sure. My expectation is that SF will be a mover for sure.

I don't think so my friend. I am an Alabama fan for decades and make no mistake, Milliner is good. Far better than Gilmore, and I could see the Bills doing something this stupid, but not this year.

Imo, it doesn't matter at all that Milliner is "good." Building a team around defensive backs is idiotic. It's a sure fire ticket to losing football games, which the Bills have proven for oh so many years. Plus, at this point the Bills will focus on selling tickets.

Say hello to Ryan Nassib, the Bills pick at #8.

Sorry Bill, I can't agree here.

If the focus is on selling tickets, they could've been much more successful by making a big FA splash or trading up to the #1 pick.

Also, if you think Nassib is going to sell tickets for this club, I believe you're mistaken.

Armchair, if this trade down scenario were to occur I'd be so stoked. I love your draft with the exception of QB. Matt Barkley is Ryan Fitzpatrick with better accuracy. The problem is he won't have the arm strength to drive the ball in the Buffalo winds at the Ralph. His shoulder injury should worry people too. Can it be a reoccurring problem? May want to pass on McDonald in the second and snatch another young receiver in DeAndre Hopkins. Grab Escobar with pick 74. Love the Schwenke decision, center will be an area of concern. Mike Glennon will be the QB to take at 31. He's probably the most NFL ready prospect in the draft next to Barkley. Was coached by Tom O'Brien who helped get Matty " Ice" and Russell Wilson acclimated to the NFL game.

I was a Glennon guy at first, but the more I watch of him, the more I worry about the apparent fact that he can't make a 10-yard throw consistently. He has a huge arm and a great deep ball, but his accuracy on short and intermediate throws is really alarming. I really don't see him going in the top 45 picks...I have a hunch he'll end up in either Chicago or Houston as a 2nd round pick, where he can sit behind an established starter for a year and get coached up.

Just my opinion though...

Appreciate the insight...it will be interesting to see what goes down for sure. My expectation is that SF will be a mover for sure.

Sorry Bill, I can't agree here.

If the focus is on selling tickets, they could've been much more successful by making a big FA splash or trading up to the #1 pick.

Also, if you think Nassib is going to sell tickets for this club, I believe you're mistaken.

I was a Glennon guy at first, but the more I watch of him, the more I worry about the apparent fact that he can't make a 10-yard throw consistently. He has a huge arm and a great deep ball, but his accuracy on short and intermediate throws is really alarming. I really don't see him going in the top 45 picks...I have a hunch he'll end up in either Chicago or Houston as a 2nd round pick, where he can sit behind an established starter for a year and get coached up.

Just my opinion though...

Bandit, what are you watching that shows him making inaccurate short/intermediate throws? He was making a lot of his throws off of his back foot because of the pass rush. Kolb was brought here not only to try and win now, but to be a bridge for whatever QB the Bills draft. If you could post a link to where he made these throws it would be great. I'd implore you to watch the comeback games against Maryland and North Carolina on YouTube.

Bandit, what are you watching that shows him making inaccurate short/intermediate throws? He was making a lot of his throws off of his back foot because of the pass rush. Kolb was brought here not only to try and win now, but to be a bridge for whatever QB the Bills draft. If you could post a link to where he made these throws it would be great. I'd implore you to watch the comeback games against Maryland and North Carolina on YouTube.

I've seen both the UNC and Maryland games, and yes, Glennon played well.

As for accuracy issues, when a guy fails to complete 60% of his passes in college, that's a red flag. When I see games like these, they're what make me believe he has accuracy issues.

Virginia Game

Tennessee Game

A lot of these are just horrible throws...no excuses.

Makes me leery of the guy.

I've seen both the UNC and Maryland games, and yes, Glennon played well.

As for accuracy issues, when a guy fails to complete 60% of his passes in college, that's a red flag. When I see games like these, they're what make me believe he has accuracy issues.

Virginia Game

Tennessee Game

A lot of these are just horrible throws...no excuses.

Makes me leery of the guy.

Many of those throws were under duress. He played behind a below average offensive line. He took many hits that's why I don't understand the durability issue as well.

Edited by the skycap

Just wanted to give an update on Star Lotulelei's health condition. I don't think that we would consider another DT at the #8 spot but a team like Carolina might be tempted to move up.

http://profootballta...ent-heart-test/

Any input on this situation is appreciated.

I heard Todd McShay today on ESPN Radio and he said Lotulelei is completely cleared...He said the proof is he was not called back to the Combine for a medical re-check...Not coincidentally McShay said he has Star going to to Philly at #4...

I think in the OP scenario you presented it will be awfully tough for the Bills to pass on Dion Jordan...I've been thinking about a trade down to get a QB for a while now...But I love, love, love Jordan...That's a tough one... B-)

I'm going to change up my draft prediction a bit, it seems like Warmack is slipping and at the #7 spot is probably too early for teams to take a G.

1. Luke Joeckel-Kansas City

2. Geno Smith-Jacksonville

3. Sharrif Floyd-Oakland

4. Star Lotulelei-Philadelphia

5. Eric Fisher-Detroit

6. See Milliner-Cleveland or some other team (Tampa?) trades up for him.

7. Lane Johnson-Arizona

That leaves Dion Jordan or Ezekiel Ansah sliding to us. Although Jordan had surgery after the 2012 season to repair his torn labrum it allows him to slip a little in the draft. Even if I'm mistaken we should at least have a shot for Ansah and that will work also. In earlier reports OLB Jarvis Jones was in Buffalo for a visit and at this point he has to be considered to be a valid candidate for the #8 pick, especially that Buffalo missed out on Von Miller, this could make Jones all the more desirable for the Bills. I hope that this is not the case but I won't be too shocked if Jones is the newest Buffalo Bill. Out of these 3 this would be my order of preference.

1. Dion Jordan

2. Ezekiel Ansah

3. Jarvis Jones

4. Trade down not too far back (#13?) if possible

Just a few comments on things happening in the NFL.....

First off I'd like to mention that it was really great to hear that Brian Banks was signed to the Falcons' roster today. What a great individual on and off the field, that's someone that I truly admire as a person. Speaking of Banks' ordeal I'd like to give a big shout out to Jay Glazer. I never really thought much of him but after what I read about him today I'm quickly changing my opinion of him. Once he heard about Banks and his circumstances he made it his business to personally help him get a second chance in life. Nice job Jay, you're quite a guy yourself.

Speaking of Dion Jordan in an earlier news blurp the Patriots had him in for a draft visit. They have no shot at him unless of course they traded up. The only problem with this is they don't have enough picks to do it. So what's up with this? Is there someone that they are willing to trade? That's about the only way that they could get into a high enough position to draft Jordan.Who knows.

I looked at the rosters of each team and outside of a handful of big names at the TE position there really isn't anyone that stands out. Buffalo is in dire need of TEs and in an earlier post I mocked us taking Zach Ertz in the 2nd rd. Well, I'd like to mention someone for in the later rounds if that weren't to happen. Pitt's WR Mike Shanahan would be a natural for a pass catching TE in my opinion. While I'm on the subject of later round draft prospects I'd like to mention Howie Long's kid Kyle for an OL. While he plays G as of now he is projected to be a LT. Either way the guy is huge, has a vicious punch and a flat out nasty demeanor. I'd love to see us have a bad ass OL with an attitude. Here's a link to a little of his background. Admittedly I don't know much about him or college players but I sure liked this article. http://sports.yahoo....30290--nfl.html. I hope that you enjoy it as much as I did.

I'd like to post some more but I guess that this is long enough. I got blasted for that on my last post so I'm a little gun shy but I thought that I'd give it another shot.

Nice post Tipster! Kudos to Jay - and to you for pointing that story out. There are damn few if any gimmes in the NFL, but it's nice to see this guy get his chance.

This is the kind of think that forward-thinking organizations do. They're not continually bailing water out of a sinking ship and patching their torn sails in a desperate attempt to begin making headway. The Patsies* aren't interviewing Dion for his rookie contract. They had him in for his initial interview of his second, or maybe even his third contract. They'll keep their eyes on him and the dozens of other player gems in their never ending seeking and culling of available talent. Hate him if you must, but their head coach is one of the best at scouting with a formulary. It's one he learned as a young lad from his dad who was HC at Annapolis. His dad was is a legend in college ranks w/w/t scouting.

Ertz and his family will be on suicide watch if he falls below #25.

I think The Bills are far better getting a scrapping rookie OLineman fairly early, and if they don't they'll have to after the June1 and training camp cuts. Count me among those who hated to see Levitre go, but understand why he did and why The Bills had to as well. Signing Byrd long term is critical, but getting Wood signed is vital too. Those two signings would be impossible if they signed Levitre. That's my opinion, and you're entitled to it.

Nice post Tipster! Kudos to Jay - and to you for pointing that story out. There are damn few if any gimmes in the NFL, but it's nice to see this guy get his chance.

This is the kind of think that forward-thinking organizations do. They're not continually bailing water out of a sinking ship and patching their torn sails in a desperate attempt to begin making headway. The Patsies* aren't interviewing Dion for his rookie contract. They had him in for his initial interview of his second, or maybe even his third contract. They'll keep their eyes on him and the dozens of other player gems in their never ending seeking and culling of available talent. Hate him if you must, but their head coach is one of the best at scouting with a formulary. It's one he learned as a young lad from his dad who was HC at Annapolis. His dad was is a legend in college ranks w/w/t scouting.

Ertz and his family will be on suicide watch if he falls below #25.

I think The Bills are far better getting a scrapping rookie OLineman fairly early, and if they don't they'll have to after the June1 and training camp cuts. Count me among those who hated to see Levitre go, but understand why he did and why The Bills had to as well. Signing Byrd long term is critical, but getting Wood signed is vital too. Those two signings would be impossible if they signed Levitre. That's my opinion, and you're entitled to it.

Thanks, that was very nice of you and I really appreciate your compliment, it feels good. Btw, your opinion is quite astute and once again thanks for sharing it. As the draft nears the more I, and I'm sure that many others, is getting excited. As I read all the media that is available I have come across TE Jay Stonebreaker. This is the TE that I am hoping that Buffalo drafts. Thru all the years and coaching staffs that have unfolded for Buffalo this is the position that has been ignored the most IMO. If this newest coaching staff makes it a priority this year than to me this would help signify a true changing of the guard and be a major difference in our past cultures. Here's hoping that this is a new successful era that is starting to birth for this long struggling franchise.

Just a few comments on things happening in the NFL.....

First off I'd like to mention that it was really great to hear that Brian Banks was signed to the Falcons' roster today. What a great individual on and off the field, that's someone that I truly admire as a person. Speaking of Banks' ordeal I'd like to give a big shout out to Jay Glazer. I never really thought much of him but after what I read about him today I'm quickly changing my opinion of him. Once he heard about Banks and his circumstances he made it his business to personally help him get a second chance in life. Nice job Jay, you're quite a guy yourself.

As the draft approaches teams are posturing more and more. The flavor of the week now is the few OL that are ranked towards the top of the draft. I sure hope that this benefits Buffalo in a big way and I think that it will. Miami in particular is rumored to be looking for Jake Long's replacement and they are picking at #12. That's a bit too late for them to have a shot at a quality starter so expect them to try and leapfrog a few teams to secure one of the big 3 OTs (Luke Joeckel, Eric Fisher and Lane Johnson). Here's a scenario that could very well play out.

3. Sharrif Floyd-Oakland

5. Eric Fisher-Detroit

6. Cleveland trades down with Miami and they select Lane Johnson

7. Chance Warmack-Arizona

That leaves Ezekiel Ansah, Dion Jordan, Dee Milliner and Cordarrelle Patterson for Buffalo to choose from. I'd be happy with any of the defensive players at #8 but would rather see Buffalo trade down before they chose Patterson this high. Someone said in an earlier post about FA WR Ramses Barden and I would definitely be on board for Buffalo to pick him up, he'd be a great compliment for Stevie.

Speaking of Dion Jordan in an earlier news blurp the Patriots had him in for a draft visit. They have no shot at him unless of course they traded up. The only problem with this is they don't have enough picks to do it. So what's up with this? Is there someone that they are willing to trade? That's about the only way that they could get into a high enough position to draft Jordan.Who knows.

I looked at the rosters of each team and outside of a handful of big names at the TE position there really isn't anyone that stands out. Buffalo is in dire need of TEs and in an earlier post I mocked us taking Zach Ertz in the 2nd rd. Well, I'd like to mention someone for in the later rounds if that weren't to happen. Pitt's WR Mike Shanahan would be a natural for a pass catching TE in my opinion. While I'm on the subject of later round draft prospects I'd like to mention Howie Long's kid Kyle for an OL. While he plays G as of now he is projected to be a LT. Either way the guy is huge, has a vicious punch and a flat out nasty demeanor. I'd love to see us have a bad ass OL with an attitude. Here's a link to a little of his background. Admittedly I don't know much about him or college players but I sure liked this article. http://sports.yahoo....30290--nfl.html. I hope that you enjoy it as much as I did.

I'd like to post some more but I guess that this is long enough. I got blasted for that on my last post so I'm a little gun shy but I thought that I'd give it another shot.

Nice post!

I'm going to change up my draft prediction a bit, it seems like Warmack is slipping and at the #7 spot is probably too early for teams to take a G.

3. Sharrif Floyd-Oakland

5. Eric Fisher-Detroit

6. See Milliner-Cleveland or some other team (Tampa?) trades up for him.

7. Lane Johnson-Arizona

That leaves Dion Jordan or Ezekiel Ansah sliding to us. Although Jordan had surgery after the 2012 season to repair his torn labrum it allows him to slip a little in the draft. Even if I'm mistaken we should at least have a shot for Ansah and that will work also. In earlier reports OLB Jarvis Jones was in Buffalo for a visit and at this point he has to be considered to be a valid candidate for the #8 pick, especially that Buffalo missed out on Von Miller, this could make Jones all the more desirable for the Bills. I hope that this is not the case but I won't be too shocked if Jones is the newest Buffalo Bill. Out of these 3 this would be my order of preference.

1. Dion Jordan

2. Ezekiel Ansah

3. Jarvis Jones

4. Trade down not too far back (#13?) if possible

I don't know if it's going out on a limb or not...But I think Jones has a bit of a slide in his future...I would not be surprised at all if it turns into a Courtney Upshaw-type slide...Jones may very well turn into an excellent NFL player...But the question marks surrounding him will push him down on most boards...A player like Jones is a bargain in the late 1st-early 2nd...But a risk high in the 1st...I just don't think teams will be willing to take that risk...We'll see though... B-) B-)