Will any QB go in the first round?

I do agree it is a little telling that a lot teams have made moves for QBs prior to the draft, and KC who could have any of the QBs made a trade for Smith. I could see 1 maybe 2 go in the first. I think many fans have too many QBs going in their mocks in the first round.

I still want to see what Jax does. If Caldwell passes then i would like to see the Bills wait.

I agree with the trade back into the first round by some of the teams picking early in the second.

Wait.... If jax passes we should too.... What if they take one?

I'd be surprised if 2 QB's didn't go in the first round, and I'm in agreement with another poster who suggested 5 would be gone by the middle of round 2, although I think 6 will be gone by the end of round 2 (Smith, Barkley, Manuel, Nassib, Glennon, and Wilson).

Although the teams at the top of the draft who've been linked to drafting QB's have all, except Jacksonville, procured veteran alternatives, I think most of those are fall back options. I think Jacksonville will take a QB if there is one they believe can be a true franchise QB. I think Philly will hold off until the second or third round. Arizona will wait, I think, till the second. I think Cleveland might be tempted, if the right guy is there. If Barkley is there I think Buffalo would go with him. Likewise, if whichever QB the Jets like the most is available, I think they take a shot, too.

(BTW - N.E. has just brought in Dion Jordan for a pre-draft look. My guess is they have a trade package lined up as a possibility with Cleveland - swapping Mallett and their 1st and 2nd rounder for Cleveland's 1st rounder - don't be surprised if that ends up happening!)

I think there'll be at least one team in that first 10 who trades back up into the 1st to grab a QB, as well. It hardly matters to say 1st round QB - between the 1st pick and the middle of round 2 I think the top 5 or 6 QB's will have been picked.

I'm really not sure where I see Buffalo going. I have a hunch they really like Barkley (that's because I really like Barkley, and see him as an excellent QB - so I have to assume the scouts in Buffalo feel the same), but after thinking about what Marrone said in regards to the selection of his offensive coaches - that one big factor in their hires was the common background they shared, so he wouldn't lose the summer getting the coaches up to speed on terminology - I wonder, if Marrone feels the need to start off fast, or to avoid having a down year, as a lot of coaches get a pass on their first year, then maybe he will likewise value Nassib, since it would be even more of a "same page" thing with him, and allow the whole offense to sort of jump out of the gates.

Anyway, I suspect Buffalo has a QB they really like, value-wise, for each round, and probably have added a half round of value to each one's grade, allowing them to match grades and simply take the best player of relative need as the draft unfolds.

Here is where I think Buffalo has their QB's rated:

I suspect they have Barkley rated as worthy of a top 10 pick.

Nassib and Geno Smith are probably top 25 pick worthy.

Manuel is top 40.

Wilson is probably mid to bottom 2nd round.

Glennon and Bray are probably 3rd round eligible.

Scott, Dysert are probably 4th rounders.

Edited by KeisterHollow

This reminds me of the year we drafted Hardy. None of the WR's had first round grades and they all went in a hurry in the 2nd. IIRC, only 2 of them panned out (Jackson, Nelson).

So I guess this means that if you have a common last name that you are going to succeed. Joke (bad one too).

I think there will be a couple good ones in the draft. Remember, Wilson and Kaepernik weren't blue chip prospects either. I just hope Nix picks the right one.