Mike Jenkins signs with Raiders

Drewgetz

Brooks is not moving to safety. Some one is confused : )He has a ton of potential at the corner back postion imo. I expected him to push for the #2 this year but worse case a very servicable nickel backer.

M. Jenkins is worth a look for sure.

as mentioned would save a draft pick and add some Vet experience which we need now.

if A williams moves to safety thats fine i suppose other wise we need one of them too.

People are assuming that the Bills are moving Brooks to safety mostly because of the Bills website depth chart, which moved and still has Brooks listed at S and not CB.

IMO, the only reason that is there right now is because we have only two real safeties on the roster, in Byrd and Searcy (I'm not counting Silva), and if the season started today, someone would have to play there. I doubt the team is ready to give up on Williams being a CB, although it's possible, and I fully expect when the team signs a S, then Brooks will be back to being a CB on the depth chart.

I also would like, and expect, to see the team line up with Gilmore, (a guy like) Jenkins, McLovin, Brooks, Williams, and Crezdon Butler as the DBs.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jenkins visited the Raiders today and left without a contract. Next up the Bills. I heard it was supposed to be tomorrow but not sure.

Free agent CB Mike Jenkins left his Raiders visit without a contract.

It's unclear if Tracy Porter's signing has ruled Jenkins out for the Raiders, but the presence of Phillip Adams should hardly be considered a roadblock. It's unclear if/when Jenkins will make his Bills visit.

The Raiders did sign Tracy Porter to a one year deal today though. I believe Jenkins is at least looking for a multi-year deal.

People are assuming that the Bills are moving Brooks to safety mostly because of the Bills website depth chart, which moved and still has Brooks listed at S and not CB.

IMO, the only reason that is there right now is because we have only two real safeties on the roster, in Byrd and Searcy (I'm not counting Silva), and if the season started today, someone would have to play there. I doubt the team is ready to give up on Williams being a CB, although it's possible, and I fully expect when the team signs a S, then Brooks will be back to being a CB on the depth chart.

I also would like, and expect, to see the team line up with Gilmore, (a guy like) Jenkins, McLovin, Brooks, Williams, and Crezdon Butler as the DBs.

The Bills brought in two prospects at the safety(?) position along with Manuel

Cooper Taylor, S, Richmond: Even though he didn't get a Combine invite, Taylor is a really intriguing prospect. First of all, he was a productive collegian (he transferred to Richmond from Georgia Tech), 240 tackles and seven interceptions in his career. More intriguingly, he's an interesting athlete; he measured in at 6'4" and 228 pounds - that's huge for a safety - and cranked out a 4.49-second 40-yard dash. His size/speed ratio (not to mention his leaping ability and hand size) could make him a hybrid defensive back and dime linebacker in a system like Mike Pettine's. He's considered a later-round prospect.

• Malcolm Bronson, S, McNeese State: Quite frankly, I don't know a lot about Bronson. In 37 career games in college, the 5'11", 192-pound safety recorded 208 tackles and nine interceptions. I learned all of this thanks to the magic of Google.
  • http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2013/4/2/4175376/2013-nfl-draft-ej-manuel-buffalo-bills-pre-draft-visit
  • Maybe Taylor and Scott would be a good fit for the hybrids this season.
  • No more news on Jenkins it seems.
  • I suppose we will know more after coaches get to know the players during voluntary workouts. And the issue of A williams might be confronted before long. I base that on Leodis s contract and the quotes from FO when they signed him.
  • They will find a fit for Aaron, but Pettine might have an interesting rotation in the secondary this season already especially if Nix gets him a jewel in the draft as Cooper.
  • Still like to see a decent vet at corner but i am starting to consider they are going to run what they brung at this point.