86 year old man shoots wife in head...

boyst

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

or its just the common sense idea, present in all of us, that ALL human life has value.

Actually, it's about self ownership. No one should be able to able to force anothers's hand in terms of what they wish to do with their own life, including ending it.

My values don't trump your values as they relate to your self ownership, and neither do yours, mine.

Actually, it's about self ownership. No one should be able to able to force anothers's hand in terms of what they wish to do with their own life, including ending it.

My values don't trump your values as they relate to your self ownership, and neither do yours, mine.

Twist that argument around a bit. In regard to this story, why didn't she pull the trigger on herself then? His said that she begged him to shoot her.

Actually, just reading the story... She didn't die right away... It probably hurt like hell:

“She says, ’Is this going to hurt?’, and I said, ’You won’t feel a thing’,” he said.

“She was saying, ’Do it. Do it. Do it’. And I just let it go,” Mr Sanders added.

He sat in the room at the sheriff’s office for about five hours as his wife was taken to hospital. The bullet did not kill her, but she died a few days later. After several hours, the detective came back in.

“Virginia was at this present moment currently still alive but not expected to make it. She’s not expected to live,” the detective told him.

Mr Sanders appeared distraught.

“I think of her laying in her bed and it haunts me. I’ve taken care of her all these years and to think of somebody else doing it that really doesn’t care,” he said. “Terrible.”

A few minutes later, a deputy came into the room and handcuffed him, then led him out the door to be fingerprinted.

“I sit here and I don’t know how I could have done that,” Mr Sanders said. “It seemed to make sense at the time.”

Twist that argument around a bit. In regard to this story, why didn't she pull the trigger on herself then? His said that she begged him to shoot her.

Actually, just reading the story... She didn't die right away... It probably hurt like hell:

“She says, ’Is this going to hurt?’, and I said, ’You won’t feel a thing’,” he said.

“She was saying, ’Do it. Do it. Do it’. And I just let it go,” Mr Sanders added.

He sat in the room at the sheriff’s office for about five hours as his wife was taken to hospital. The bullet did not kill her, but she died a few days later. After several hours, the detective came back in.

“Virginia was at this present moment currently still alive but not expected to make it. She’s not expected to live,” the detective told him.

Mr Sanders appeared distraught.

“I think of her laying in her bed and it haunts me. I’ve taken care of her all these years and to think of somebody else doing it that really doesn’t care,” he said. “Terrible.”

A few minutes later, a deputy came into the room and handcuffed him, then led him out the door to be fingerprinted.

“I sit here and I don’t know how I could have done that,” Mr Sanders said. “It seemed to make sense at the time.”

did not want to vomit suicide.

Yes, invoking an imaginary authority figure to logically support one side of an argument can be highly "inconvenient."

you can no easier prove the non-existance of this 'imaginary authority figure' as a believer can prove it's existance. your belief is predicated on faith in your conviction, just as those you mock. if you don't see a problem with that, then I look forward to reading more pearls of wisdom you may have to share.

A person has the right to die in the manner of their choosing, so long as any participants are willing, and are not being coersed. It doesn't matter that she asked another to participate as long as they were willing to do so.

A person has the right to die in the manner of their choosing, so long as any participants are willing, and are not being coersed. It doesn't matter that she asked another to participate as long as they were willing to do so.

that she begged and he complied is a great issue with me. He was in no shape to do it. Its hard to shoot something and put it doWn. Hell, its hard to do a gut shot on a feral animal fox or coyote.