Doug Marrone botches Buffalo Bills backup QB's name

brenty

The crowd starts to chant his name... andy andy andy...

I like this part...

I sometimes call my children by the wrong names.

My sister calls me by my nephews name and vice-versa all the time.

Maybe it's a term of endearment.

...or maybe nobody cares about people named Andy...

http://www.nfl.com/n...backup-qbs-name

crap... though i enjoy a good laugh.. just not being the ones laughed at lol.

I have trouble with names myself. That said, I have been told that one of the things that made winning coach Dick Vermeil so successful as Ram's head coach was his ability to relate to everyone, to know not only names but recall something personal about everyone and their family and be able to show a sincere interest.

With regard to the linked article:

"Citing the harsh reality of Tarvaris Jackson sitting atop the quarterback depth chart, Around The League's Gregg Rosenthal recently placed the Buffalo Bills in the AFC's free agency "losers" category."

I agree we are FA losers so far, yet given the paucity of FA talent at QB, citing TJax and our QB depth chart hardly seems like a rational basis for tagging us so.

Our paucity at LB, TE, and WR while many are out there at reasonable prices and our losses at guard, seem like stronger arguments for the tag.

I sometimes call my children by the wrong names.

Maybe he's really in to hot fries and had Andy capp on his mind.

WOW, great catch!!! Andy capp hot fries. I loved those!! Holy crap, if he for some reason is the starter... that is his mascot. I can see it at all the games! (well if he is good)

Meaningless article.

As fans, we only have to learn a few new names each year. Marrone has to learn literally hundreds: all the players, everyone else that works on OBD, not to mention all the college kids the scouts are talking about. I'm sure this isn't the first time he screwed up a name. Means nothing.

As fans, we only have to learn a few new names each year. Marrone has to learn literally hundreds: all the players, everyone else that works on OBD, not to mention all the college kids the scouts are talking about. I'm sure this isn't the first time he screwed up a name. Means nothing.

Agreed. When I went to Geneseo I had to learn names again each time I came back after summer and winter break, and they were frat brothers...

I am great with faces but suck at names. I bet if Mr. Corp walked into the coaches office Mr. Marrone would know who he was. Not a lot but a fin at least.

What's your nephew like?

It could be worse...could be the name of the family pet

He is 15, a wrestler and is into books and computers (brag), he also looks a bit like me so he is good looking. :flirt:

we used to have a dog named princess. lol

The writer also fails to mention how every team will have their new/rookie players wear their names taped on their helmets (from HS to the Pros) because the coach doesn't know who they are. Ah well.

dave7-1916--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG?width=960&height=720

I presume he wrote an article on why the 'Phins had to put a name-tag on their 8th overall, franchise QB? No?

At hockey camp at Lockport's Kenan Center one year me and a few buddies took our white hockey tape name tags off our helmets and replaced them with fake names.

One of us assumed the name of Felix. I was Bartholemew.

It was quite the hoot when Jim Lorentz started calling us by our assumed names. I didn't realize it at first and then my one buddy turns to me as we're sitting on the bench and says (laughing hysterically but trying to hide it) he's calling you Bartholemew.

Weirder things have happened. Something tells me all the guys will be calling him Andy when camp starts.

Undoubtedly.

At least he didn't call him Andy Corpsman pronouncing the P.

Wouldn't it be funny if he called him Aaron Force?

Makes me think about Bobby Bowden his last 10 years at FSU.

He would mention a player by his number during half time side line interviews. He had no clue what the name was of 90% of the guys who played for him.

During Tom Landry's career he would sometimes get players of different eras mixed up.

On one occasion he congratulated Golden Richards on a nice TD reception. Richards was a fast, white, wide receiver who wore #83. The problem was that Richards had retired two years earlier and the player he was actually congratulating was Doug Donley who was a fast, white wide receiver who wore #83.

He is 15, a wrestler and is into books and computers (brag), he also looks a bit like me so he is good looking. :flirt:

You mean he has a bizarre red goalie mask looking face?

Meh this just shows me the national media have not changed when it comes to the Bills, we are only news if we put on a massive winning streak or to be made fun of.

I don't really care just reminds me why I have a hate on for a majority of the Media..