Dawes - my weekly Free at Noon

The Poojer

I thought this was going to be a beer thread. I found the Spring mix Magic Hat at Food lion - choice are sparse here. I had been thinking, damn it'd be nice to enjoy a few beers and then go run some errands. D'oh.

aren't they a really nice group of guys, they seem so appreciative of the fans that come out to record stores and noon shows...and honestly, just some of the best music around;....i guess they are opening for dylan her in philly in april...i think i would actually prefer to see Dawes as the headliner, not to take anything from Dylan, just how strong I think Dawes is as a band

They played at our store last week...really great.

aren't they a really nice group of guys, they seem so appreciative of the fans that come out to record stores and noon shows...and honestly, just some of the best music around;....i guess they are opening for dylan her in philly in april...i think i would actually prefer to see Dawes as the headliner, not to take anything from Dylan, just how strong I think Dawes is as a band

Yeah...it was a mob scene...but I got a chance to talk to Taylor Goldsmith for a few minutes...really funny guy. He told us a pretty funny story about meeting Kris Kristoferson...his "hero". I guess Dawes was set to back-up Kristoferson for some tribute thing they were doing on radio (satallite I think). Goldsmith was saying that Kristoferson is one of his real, legit, all-time idols, maybe his favorite song-writer of all time. So, a little before the show is set to record, he goes over and introduces himself to KK, lets him know that he is a really big fan of his music, and knows the stuff very well..so, if KK needs any help on vocals (KK is very ill and can't really sing for whole show any more), he would be very happy to help out...KK looks at him and says "your fly is down". It was. Then he says "I would want someone to tell me if my fly was down". :lol:

btw- asked him about another Middle Brother CD...he said the last one was a blast to record, but dealing with three different record lables was a drag...which I took to mean it won't happen soon.

Edited by Buftex

great story about kris k. too bad about middle brother..that whole triumverate(sp?) of bands are a favorite of mine...they played today and a couple songs were a bit too country for my liking, but most were very jackson-brown-ish...they killed it with '...los angeles' and '...my day comes'

they are darlings of xpn and really showed their appreciation..kind of hoped they would have played on, but the only bands that have done that in my 3 years going there have been the Dead Milkmen and Dr. Dog...was hoping Dawes would have added to the list, but very happy with the performance they provided.

Yeah...it was a mob scene...but I got a chance to talk to Taylor Goldsmith for a few minutes...really funny guy. He told us a pretty funny story about meeting Kris Kristoferson...his "hero". I guess Dawes was set to back-up Kristoferson for some tribute thing they were doing on radio (satallite I think). Goldsmith was saying that Kristoferson is one of his real, legit, all-time idols, maybe his favorite song-writer of all time. So, a little before the show is set to record, he goes over and introduces himself to KK, lets him know that he is a really big fan of his music, and knows the stuff very well..so, if KK needs any help on vocals (KK is very ill and can't really sing for whole show any more), he would be very happy to help out...KK looks at him and says "your fly is down". It was. Then he says "I would want someone to tell me if my fly was down". :lol:

btw- asked him about another Middle Brother CD...he said the last one was a blast to record, but dealing with three different record lables was a drag...which I took to mean it won't happen soon.

If u go and don't enjoy them let me know...I'll send you the face value of the ticket.

ive been a casual fan of dawes, and curious to see Shovels and Rope for awhile now (check them out if you havent). Its pretty well certain ill go. small venue too.

Like I (think i)said...saw them today with a sold out crowd of 650...I could have listened to Taylor sing all afternoon

ive been a casual fan of dawes, and curious to see Shovels and Rope for awhile now (check them out if you havent). Its pretty well certain ill go. small venue too.