Gibson interested in bills but bills never called

NishP

A source informed me shortly after wide receiver Brandon Gibson signed a three-year deal with the Dolphins that Gibson wanted to play with his buddy, Bills receiver Stevie Johnson. The sentiment was mutual, based on what Johnson told the NFL Network about Gibson last week.

But the Bills, said the source, never reached out.

Source: Buffalo News

By: Tim Grahmn

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Prolly 1 of the bills weirdest offseason's, I think fans would be more relaxed if our team had a track record of succes...... Then we could just sit back and trust that the FO knows what they are doing.

I've said for years I'd play for vet minimum - no calls to me either

I can't believe…never mind.

Prolly 1 of the bills weirdest offseason's, I think fans would be more relaxed if our team had a track record of succes...... Then we could just sit back and trust that the FO knows what they are doing.

Too true.

To me it's interesting how the environment surrounding the team might make it very difficult for the Bills decision makers to function properly.

There is no basis for success and there's a very impatient and disgusted fan base.

The team might want to plead patience and tell the fans that they are finally on the right track but on what would they have to base these claims?

Only the unknown future.

To me, and I would have been interested in Gibson myself for the right price, it was simply a matter of the Bills didn't want him for the money he was asking. He was reportedly asking for $6m a year. The Bills likely were informed of his parameters and said no thanks. I'd imagine he got about 5 mil a year for the first two years of his Dolphin contract. The Bills probably thought that was way too much for a player like that.

I'm not just sticking up for the team. If we find out that Gibson signed for 3-4m a season I will be pissed that we didn't go after him. We need at least two new WR that can play right away. Rookie WR often don't do much. I still am interested in Hayward-Bey.

To me, and I would have been interested in Gibson myself for the right price, it was simply a matter of the Bills didn't want him for the money he was asking. He was reportedly asking for $6m a year. The Bills likely were informed of his parameters and said no thanks. I'd imagine he got about 5 mil a year for the first two years of his Dolphin contract. The Bills probably thought that was way too much for a player like that.

I'm not just sticking up for the team. If we find out that Gibson signed for 3-4m a season I will be pissed that we didn't go after him. We need at least two new WR that can play right away. Rookie WR often don't do much. I still am interested in Hayward-Bey.

Top to bottom - agree.

The WR currently on the roster: Stevie Johnson, TJ Graham, Chris Hogan, Kevin Elliot, and Marcus Easley. Aside from Stevie the entire remaining roster of WR's have a combined 41 catches in their illustrious NFL careers. In fairness, that doesn't include Brad Smith. YE OLE has to believe a guy like Gibson could've played some role in slots 2-5 behind Stevie.

I am interested in what they signed him for.