Donald Jones is a New England Patriot

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Even though he has Brady throwing to him, hopefully he'll be as frustrating to the Pats and their fans as he was to the Bills and us. He's a decent #4 and maybe #5 WR for them. His blocking will help. For me, his downfall was picking up the ball while it was in the air and his timing on jumps and that kind of stuff. He also didn't seem to be a good route runner and was open usually when teams just ignored or forgot about him. It doesn't make the Pats a better team, although perhaps slightly.

unfortunately marcia makes anybody look way better than they really are

even more unfortunately, we are going to have to endure the wailing and gnashing of teeth on this board bemoaning how we could let such a playmaker as jones go when said marcia works his said magic on said jones

I doubt he makes the opening day roster.

Out of the WRs we cut before this offseason, Nelson is the one who I think could do some major damage in the NFL as a slot receiver. Jones is at best a 4th WR.

Those are the type of players that Belicheat gets the most out of, like Sam Aiken.

I doubt he makes the opening day roster.

Out of the WRs we cut before this offseason, Nelson is the one who I think could do some major damage in the NFL as a slot receiver. Jones is at best a 4th WR.

Teams need #4 WRs. He signed a three year contract so he likely makes the team, although it is far from a certainty. His blocking alone helps, especially when guys like Gronk, Hernandez and (now) Amendola get the ball in their hands in the open field. I imagine that alone is what intrigued the Patriots about him.