Mike Stratton news bit

Beerball

I can't tell if that's a Bills cap he's wearing in the photo.

Seventy-one years old.

Arguably the Bills greatest linebacker.

I agree SJB.--LB hasnt been a strong position for the Bills historically. bennett shoulda been easily the best ever in our org and an easy HoFer--but he was lazy after his rookie year.

Yep--stratton is in the mix.

I agree SJB.--LB hasnt been a strong position for the Bills historically. bennett shoulda been easily the best ever in our org and an easy HoFer--but he was lazy after his rookie year.

What are you talking about?

Biscuit was a great great player for the Bills!

Disagree with Bennett assesment. He was on his way to a HOF career with us. Took over MLB when Conlan was hurt, took a helluva beating and was our best D player of the year. No other OLB in the League was capable of running down a sweep to the opposite side of the field and tackling the runner FOR A LOSS! Even though he went to another SB w/ Atlanta and played well there and Indy, he kinda fell off the map after leaving Buffalo.

I saw Stratton play and thought Jacobs was better. Best Bills LB of all time? My pick is Talley for quality of play over a full career.

IMO there was something mildly disappointing about Bennett's career. Maybe it's because people were saying he was gonna be the next LT and the fact that he never developed into an elite pass rusher in spite of his incredible athleticism.

In a way Bennett was one of the biggest poster boys for the Bills disappointments of that era.

On the other hand, Stratton I believe is a member of the All-AFL team and was a league All-Star for numerous consecutive seasons. Also Stratton's defining moment is revered by football historians as "The Hit heard round the World" which totally changed the momentum of the '64 championship game, a game the Chargers were leading and driving in. The Bills of course were inspired by Stratton's play and came back to win the championship.

I'd have to give the nod to Stratton.

IMO there was something mildly disappointing about Bennett's career. Maybe it's because people were saying he was gonna be the next LT and the fact that he never developed into an elite pass rusher in spite of his incredible athleticism.

In a way Bennett was one of the biggest poster boys for the Bills disappointments of that era.

On the other hand, Stratton I believe is a member of the All-AFL team and was a league All-Star for numerous consecutive seasons. Also Stratton's defining moment is revered by football historians as "The Hit heard round the World" which totally changed the momentum of the '64 championship game, a game the Chargers were leading and driving in. The Bills of course were inspired by Stratton's play and came back to win the championship.

I'd have to give the nod to Stratton.

according to some on this thread corny was agreat LB....well he was great LB his rookie year..phenomenal.Then he became a very good LB and stayed that way his whole career.With his talent he shoulda been a hall of famer.

according to some on this thread corny was agreat LB....well he was great LB his rookie year..phenomenal.Then he became a very good LB and stayed that way his whole career.With his talent he shoulda been a hall of famer.

Agreed.

I was at Bennett's first NFL game against Denver and I thought I was watching the next HOF linebacker.

Personally his career was a bit of a disappointment for me.