Nix should have been fired-- front office is incompetent

jahnyc

The Bills sat down with the new coaching staff, looked at the situation carefully and came up with a number that they felt Fitz would be worth to the team going forward. Maybe it was $3m like they paid Tjax or Brad Smith, maybe it was less or more, but whatever it was Fitz didn't take it. So he's out.

Personally I'd rather take a chance on a new guy that might develop into a stud than continue coasting along with a qb that eeks out 5-7 wins per year and gets you nowhere.

This team wants to get younger. They dropped merriman, barnett, kelsay, and wilson right away. I'd rather gamble on new talent and win three games next year but set up a franchise qb draft spot than keep this system we've been treading water in for a dozen years.

ESPN was just laughing at Buddy and the Bills as usual. We are such a freakin joke with this guy calling the shots. Even the perenial joke teams (Lions, Bengals, Dolphins) have 10x the credibility of the Bills right now. We are in our own category - like beyond the cellar. What's below the cellar - hell?

ESPN was just laughing at Buddy and the Bills as usual. We are such a freakin joke with this guy calling the shots. Even the perenial joke teams (Lions, Bengals, Dolphins) have 10x the credibility of the Bills right now. We are in our own category - like beyond the cellar. What's below the cellar - hell?

It seems like the only ones not laughing are us fans who have to put up with this garbage that Buddy tries to keep feeding us.Hey Buddy this sh**sandwich is getting stale. :sick:

Still a lot of FA's out there, they did the right thing with Levitre and Fitz. He did not want to restructure, oh well cut him. We will have to take a QB high in draft, but not at 8, who ever they draft will take time regardless. I have been a Bills fan for 30yrs and I too am at my wits end with this team, I will give them one more chance with this new regime, but I am hoping Nix is gone after this draft! Wiith another coaching change will be my last with this team.

Welcome to TBD. There's a small, vocal set of folks who are unable to comprehend the idea that you can actually discuss the problems of the Bills without being a frothing at the mouth lunatic who flies off the handle at every single thing they do. Unfortunately, they are dedicated to being ridiculous and dominate this board so little real discussion on mistakes of the Bills can take place.

Then there are those for whom "real discussion" of "the problems" consists of chiding posters who point out the obvious and who seek to further discussion with fact based opinion (and without a script...).

Pranksters Record Two NFL GMs Discussing Free Agency Over The Phone

It's a brilliant prank, and it never should've worked. How did a couple of 20-year-olds listen in on two NFL executives talking shop the day before free agency began? A little luck, great timing, and a 73-year old general manager who doesn't really understand how telephones work.

http://deadspin.com/...cy-ov-452366184

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Prank-call-gets-Buffalo-GM-to-reveal-his-frustrations-with-Ryan-Fitzpatrick.html?sct=uk_t2_a13

Edited by Butch Rolle 4 President

Very disheartening that the team is in roughly the same situation as when Nix became GM (not enough talent, too many holes, no starting QB, and a new head coach and staff).

The Bills remind me a few 3 legged dogs I've met. At first I'ld start to think, 'yeah, that boy sure can get around', and I start to forget that the dog has a little bit of a handicap. Then a normal dog comes ripping around and I realize, 'dam that dog is f****d'. :beer:

I am still upset that Chan was released. The state of the team has simply eveolved by them not making picks they should have when they could have and not making moves when they needed to. Chan was offense and QB minded, yet Nix never got him one. JP may have been a good QB but they never got him a line or WR's. I like C.J., but; when they knew then they needed a QB how do they go away from. I liked Nix/Gailey at first; but, I think they let the wrong man go.

Very disheartening that the team is in roughly the same situation as when Nix became GM (not enough talent, too many holes, no starting QB, and a new head coach and staff).

True dat. Losing Levitre is a kick in the balls. And I question every move Nix has made this off season. Letting Nelson go is bull ****. Now we are after Keller. Nelson is the same type of player as Keller, only better. Nelson was not a money thing. And we didn't even lift a finger trying to retain Levitre. If Tavares is the starter- what exactly is that based on? And now Buddy has tipped his hand in draft now that we need multiple QBs. And who are is the QB going to throw to when SJ is double covered? TJ Graham? I hate strongly dislike the QB's in this draft. It is the worst year I can recall to reach for a QB. And watch Buddy get on the tip of his toes on top of the ladder and reach for some tomato can, pay him millions(which we could of spent on Levitre) and be force to build a round offense around a square QB, then part ways after QB is ineffective for 4 years, repeat

I kind of liked Chan as well. He has a really good mind for offense a lot of experience, but poorly run defenses and an average to below average QB ultimately resulted in his firing. I may be in the minority on this, but I think he did a lot with what he had on offense, and I think the offense will take a big step back this year.

I kind of liked Chan as well. He has a really good mind for offense a lot of experience, but poorly run defenses and an average to below average QB ultimately resulted in his firing. I may be in the minority on this, but I think he did a lot with what he had on offense, and I think the offense will take a big step back this year.

Building a bonfire is building, no?

I was firmly against Chan, Jerry Sullivan nailed it when we hired him. Another kick of the can. Good guy, wanted him to succeed, but never thought it would work out. I hated his offense, dink and dunk passing game that played in a 10 yard box. Maybe his QB had something to do with how he called games as well, you can just do a lot more with a stud like Aaron Rodgers or Andrew Luck. Until we know and see our next QB there is now way to really predict how this offense will shake up. Who knows, we might spend a top 50 pick on a wideout. As for the topic of this thread, Buddy is a lame duck GM, i highly doubt Russ Brandon will truly let Nix call HIS shots knowing he isn't part of the long term plan. Any decision we make draft/FA wise isn't going to be 100% Buddy's, Brandon/Marrone will have their say as well.