Build That Pipeline!

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they really want it, why don't the oil conglomerates build it ?

Its not like they aren't making record profits or anything. Or are they just looking for more corporate welfare ?

Umm the pipeline is to be built by TransCanada corporation. They haven`t received the approval from the White House to build it you moron unless you classify a Canadian company corporate welfare?

Edited by meazza

http://www.time.com/...38012-1,00.html

Article on why logical reasoning says we aught to just build it.

Why on earth would any American not directly profiting want to move thick ,corrosive, heavy metal laden sludge across the ogallala aquifer so two Koch owned refineries can more profitably produce petroleum products for Caribbean and other Latin American markets- Why don't we let the Canadians refine the toxic sludge and pipe/ship the refined products to the North and North East, making the Canadians more money per barrel and perhaps having the effect of lowering gas and home heating oil prices in the North, North East of America.

If they really want it, why don't the oil conglomerates build it ?

Its not like they aren't making record profits or anything. Or are they just looking for more corporate welfare ?

Lgbt-propaganda-alert-98408868359.jpeg

Why on earth would any American not directly profiting want to move thick ,corrosive, heavy metal laden sludge across the ogallala aquifer so two Koch owned refineries can more profitably produce petroleum products for Caribbean and other Latin American markets- Why don't we let the Canadians refine the toxic sludge and pipe/ship the refined products to the North and North East, making the Canadians more money per barrel and perhaps having the effect of lowering gas and home heating oil prices in the North, North East of America.

PropagandaAlert.gif

I specifically stuck with images for answers, because those responses were so cliched and simplistic, I wasn't sure if the posters would grasp anything else.

Of course it makes a lot of sense to build it, it's a no-brainer. Especially now that the elections are over and the big O already got his money from the ultra 1%er enviro's

I would add that if Obama is ready to move on the Keystone pipeline it's also because Immelt is finally satisfied with getting his fair share of US money filtered to his operations in Brazil.

There's no point in building it........didn't the intelligentsia warn us back in 2007 that it would take 5 - 7 years before we would see results ?

......oh wait.

Roll Call: The Keystone XL Pipeline Has Been Under Review For More Than Twice As Long As It Would Have Taken To Build It.

Popular Mechanics: The Environmental Dangers of Not Building Keystone XL.

Wash. Examiner: Obama caught between friends in fight over Keystone XL pipeline.

Reason: 3 Reasons to Build the Keystone XL Pipeline.

I have seen some fantastically ignorant post's from you, but this one is the pinnacle of stupidity.

Now go back to studying Alaska rape statistics.

I have seen some fantastically ignorant post's from you, but this one is the pinnacle of stupidity.

Now go back to studying Alaska rape statistics.

I'm ahead of you in line. I'm still waiting for him to source his cute graphs depicting how Hugo Chavez was a savoir to his people.

You're right. Depending on Middle East oil makes way more sense. Dumbass.

You're right. Depending on Middle East oil makes way more sense. Dumbass.

First of all how is getting refined petroleum products from Canada instead of unrefined petroleum products "Depending on middle East Oil" second of all we get 12.9% of our oil from the Persian Gulf - 9% of it from Saudi Arabia who next to Israel and Britain might be our closest ally - you are quite uninformed, try reading something other than hockey scores.

First of all how is getting refined petroleum products from Canada instead of unrefined petroleum products "Depending on middle East Oil" second of all we get 12.9% of our oil from the Persian Gulf - 9% of it from Saudi Arabia who next to Israel and Britain might be our closest ally - you are quite uninformed, try reading something other than hockey scores.

Ive spoken to people who actually WORK in the petrochem business and on the finance side and they have said without a doubt the Keystone pipeline would be a huge help to the US energy picture. But please. Continue.

Ive spoken to people who actually WORK in the petrochem business and on the finance side and they have said without a doubt the Keystone pipeline would be a huge help to the US energy picture. But please. Continue.

Lets not get ahead of ourselves the opposite ways now.

I find it amusing you choose to omit Canada from your list of close allies. It pretty much affirms my "dumbass" comment. Secondly, your love of all things Saudi is pretty damn naive, but I suppose that naivity is why you voted Obama in the first place.

Your little "hockey" comment is also rather amusing. However, being a left-wing idiot lends itself to pigeon-holing without any basis in fact, so I certainly understand you have cerebral limitations. But hey, there's always "Hope", "Change" and "Forward" to fall back on as your economy spirals down the toilet.

I find it amusing you choose to omit Canada from your list of close allies. It pretty much affirms my "dumbass" comment. Secondly, your love of all things Saudi is pretty damn naive, but I suppose that naivity is why you voted Obama in the first place.

Your little "hockey" comment is also rather amusing. However, being a left-wing idiot lends itself to pigeon-holing without any basis in fact, so I certainly understand you have cerebral limitations. But hey, there's always "Hope", "Change" and "Forward" to fall back on as your economy spirals down the toilet.

Canada is our B word not an ally