8 You'd like at 8

Play the BPA game....no thank you.

Trade up or down....do whatever is needed to be done to land a 1st round graded QB.

If that can't be done....trade up or down....do whatever is needed to land the best LB.

No other position will help this team as much in the short or long terms.

Geno Smith

Matt Barkley

Eric Fisher

Luke Joeckel

Dee Milliner

Xavier Rhodes

Cordarrelle Patterson

Lane Johnson

Basically I am hoping they go QB or CB but OT could be solidified as well to get a solid bookend and let Hairston be the swing tackle. Patterson would be my #8 of these 8

Why not Jarvis Jones? Seems a surer bet to help, especially sooner, than Jordan who needs surger and Ansah who is raw,

Jones is no doubt talented - but I think we've seen his ceiling, and with the spinal condition, you're one hit away from losing him. Now, I know that is the case with all players (you never know when they might have bad luck and take a bad hit), but Jordan and Anzah have NOT reached their ceilings, and they are physical freaks.

Jordan is not too light already - he's at 250 ish - and he can put on another 10 lbs no problem, after surgery. At 260 he'd be average for an OLB. Even at 250 he's still 20+ lbs heavier than Maybin was. You watch film of Jordan, and he's so fluid, so smooth, so fast, so natural. You can tell when watching him that he'll be that player regardless of environment, and for me, he just have a lot more upside.

With Anzah, you have a guy who is already at 270 lbs, who is as fast as a lot of RB's, and who only has 2 or 3 years of football. And, with Anzah, you have the intelligence factor. This kid is so smart - you teach him stuff, and he has no preconceptions or ideas about what he can or should be doing - he just goes out and does what he's coached, and, like with Jordan, but perhaps far more so, he's got such a high ceiling. Already he'd be a good OLB/DE at where he's at now - but you add growth, experience, coaching, and you have a scarry good prospect who might have skills like you see only once in a generation.

It's the upside that I like with these guys, not to mention I'm a huge fan of BIG and FAST on defense - I'd rather have a Big fast guy than a small fast guy.

E. Fisher

L Jockel

D Jordan

B Werner

D. Milner

I just don't like any of the QB's at 8. I'd prefer Wilson in RD2, or Nassib in 3 or 4. And, it's not inconceivable that Gino and/or Barkley fall to RD2 anyway. I think with a top 10 pick you need a nearly certain day one starter, and I think the above list gives the Bills the best chance to achieve that. Then do a Redskins trade next year to get Johnny Football.

Play the BPA game....no thank you.

Trade up or down....do whatever is needed to be done to land a 1st round graded QB.

If that can't be done....trade up or down....do whatever is needed to land the best LB.

No other position will help this team as much in the short or long terms.

Trading down is not a bad option either. There could be a ton of teams who want Fisher or Lockel if they are available when we pick. I would want their first round this year and second next year. No clue if that is realistic, but I'd want to get a pick in next years draft to trade up if needed.

I can't fault the OP's picks, except I would substitute Patterson for Barkley. I don't think Barkley will ever be a Franchise QB, maybe an average QB, just good enough to keep the FO complacent and never strive to get an actual Franchise QB. One that will take the Bill's beyond just competitive, and onto that higher level needed to get to the Super Bowl. I know having a competitive team would be an exciting and positive change, one we have not had in many, many years. But I have got to believe that it can go ... all ... the ... way!

Edited by simpleman

I just don't like any of the QB's at 8. I'd prefer Wilson in RD2, or Nassib in 3 or 4. And, it's not inconceivable that Gino and/or Barkley fall to RD2 anyway. I think with a top 10 pick you need a nearly certain day one starter, and I think the above list gives the Bills the best chance to achieve that. Then do a Redskins trade next year to get Johnny Football.

It's totally inconceivable that they both fall to RD2 in today's NFL. Maybe 15 years ago, but not now.

I see a bunch of people have Patterson on the list, is he really that much better than any of the handful of guys that we could get in the 2nd round like Woods, Hunter, Patton, etc?

I just think WR is crazy deep this year and you'd have to be absolutely sure the guy is a stud to take him 8th overall. Like an AJ Green, Julio Jones kind of stud which I don't think you can say that about Patterson.

First, a proposed scenario: trade #8 to SF for their #s 31, 34 and 71, giving us a 1st, 2 2nds and 2 3rds plus one 4th, one 5th and one 6th. SF would still have 10 picks. Then we'd have to like 31 guys.

Otherwise, at #8:

1. Erik "EJ" Manuel, Jr.

2. Eugene Cyril "Geno" Smith, III

3. Matthew Montgomery "Matt" Barkley

4. Manti Te'o

5. Ezekia Nana "Ziggy" Ansah

6. Jarvis Jones

7. Alec Ogletree

8. Keenan Allen

Edited by Cap'n Crunch

I see a bunch of people have Patterson on the list, is he really that much better than any of the handful of guys that we could get in the 2nd round like Woods, Hunter, Patton, etc?

I just think WR is crazy deep this year and you'd have to be absolutely sure the guy is a stud to take him 8th overall. Like an AJ Green, Julio Jones kind of stud which I don't think you can say that about Patterson.

This is only my opinion, but I say that yes he is that much better than any of those guys, especially if he's paired with Steve Johnson. Along with that, Marrone mentioned that part of his selection process is not only guys that help your team, but also guys that you don't want to have to play against, and I believe this is one of those guys. Both the Jets pick right after us and the Dolphins pick at 12, and I believe he'd be an option for both of those teams, as well.

Yes i think Patterson is a step up from the others as far as how much of a gamble he is to be an impact player. We need more than 1 player at WR, and we are lucky this year with the depth available. Hopefully we can get our impact WR early and another role player WR later

Edited by simpleman