Here is my first Buffalo Bills Mock Draft, What do you think?

Damond Talbot

I'd be kind of concerned about waiting until Round 4 to address the gaping hole in the middle of the field on LB. It seems to me we need a top LB as badly as we need a top WR and a new QB. Then of course there is the ol' "Best Player Available" thing.

That's my take too - If they think Barkley's the guy and he looks healthy in his pro day throwing, that's fine, but going yet another year with no upgrade at LB... :wallbash:

Obviously FA will inform a lot. Maybe we get the LB (or I think more likely the WR) as a free agent.

Edited by BobChalmers

I think the Matt Barkley people have convinced themselves that he can somehow become a franchise QB without a actually having a real "NFL Franchise QB" strong arm. That's like searching for a unicorn.

Yep. As I've stated before, Barkley had better have some incredible intangibles if he's gonna be a franchise QB. Because the ordinariness of his physical skills is very sobering.

And if he had those intangibles, wouldn't they have already been on obvious display for all to see?

I could be wrong but I remain unconvinced about Barkley.

Just say no to California qb's.

Also just say no to shallow, mentally-lazy thinking.

I appreciate your insight. I really feel that Barkley has exactly what you need in Buffalo. He is a great decision maker. I love his skills, and believe he will be fine in Buffalo. People put too much stock on weather in Buffalo. Jim Kelly is from Pennsylvania but played his college ball in Miami. He was our best QB ever. Barkley is polished, if we can protect him the way we protected Fitz last season, We will win.

As far as linebacker and DE, I know we want a linebacker, but I think Buffalo will address them in Free Agency. I think Phillip Wheeler is an option if he is not resigned by Oakland. As far as DE, Buffalo has over 125 million invested in Defensive Ends. They also have Alex Carrington who was a 3rd rounder. Buffalo is not hurting at the position. Chris Kelsay only played in 5 games last season because of an injury to Anderson.

At Outisde backer, they love Nigel Bradham. I work with Nigel's father who I worked with. He actually retired today to be honest. He is moving to Buffalo this weekend. Great person, who was blessed to have raised a son that made it.

Buffalo is set on OL and DL, I know they need linebackers, but we will be running a 4-3/3-4. Kelvin Shepherd is good and will be here. We need a Mike and a cover ILB. We can get one of them in Free Agency or in the draft.

I will tell you about this kid, make sure you check him out, he is an interesting prospect.

JORDAN CAMPBELL, he played at New Mexico Highlands but was a USC Trojan transfer.

This kid will make you fall in love with him, he is an animal. Try to tell me you wouldn't want him in Buffalo.

Make sure you check him out on Youtube.

By the way, Geno was gone in my mock draft, so that left Barkley still on the list. I had Cardinals drafting an OT Eric Fisher, and signing Matt Cassell

Buffalo Bills assistant GM Doug Whaley listed RB, WR, S and DL as the deepest positions in this year's class.

"We're going to get a good football player," Whaley said. "There's going to be players that ascend to very good football players, and I think the depth in this draft is the one thing that's most intriguing." Whaley made the comment after discussing quarterbacks, which he said there's no "total package" at the position. It's hard to argue with any of the comments made here.

Draft analyst Russ Lande was told Notre Dame ILB Manti Te'o "stood out" in team interviews.

Lande writes that Te'o "displayed leadership and football intelligence" in interviews. He also notes that teams are confident in the linebacker's abilities. " Everyone we spoke to told us that they are confident after this week that he can be a solid starting linebacker in the NFL as either an MLB in a 43 defense or an ILB in a 34 scheme."

i like barkley because he is a gamer- a competitor with attitude. he'll come along just fine in the NFL.

robert woods is the same way.

I will say this about Barkley...And I've said it a lot over the past 6 Months...I've never been thrilled with his overall arm-talent or athleticism...But that Kid is tough...And he's a tough-minded QB...Just watch the loss at Stanford...He gets cremated a ton in that game...Just constant pressure in his face...But he kept bouncing up...It's weird because I came away very impressed with Barkley as a leader after that game...And it was far from one of his better College efforts... B-)