2005 Cap number

Most NFL GMs and owners are expecting a major bump in the 2005 salary cap. Based on the NFL's monster new TV deal, the players Union will be hankering for a bigger piece of the pie. I have read some reports that estimate up to a 15 percent jump in the salary cap this year. A lot of people are speculating that the Colts are banking on precisely that (makes sense when you look at all the moves they made after the deal came through). I don't expect it to be quite that high.

However, the exact figure won't be reached until after the Super Bowl. For now it's all a guessing game.

Most NFL GMs and owners are expecting a major bump in the 2005 salary cap. Based on the NFL's monster new TV deal, the players Union will be hankering for a bigger piece of the pie. I have read some reports that estimate up to a 15 percent jump in the salary cap this year. A lot of people are speculating that the Colts are banking on precisely that (makes sense when you look at all the moves they made after the deal came through). I don't expect it to be quite that high.

However, the exact figure won't be reached until after the Super Bowl. For now it's all a guessing game.

197757[/snapback]

With the 'major bump', I'd sooner they argue increasing the 53-man roster to 54 or 55 rather than making sure salaries rise for a particular player. I'd like to see a 'Special Teamer' designation with the added roster spot so a team could keep a special teams demon even if he isn't so hot at his 'official' position.

The NFL Cap figure for all NFL teams to be under this year is 86 million dollars according to Gil Brandt on Sirius NFL Radio.  I do not know where the Bills stand however.

:devil:

197967[/snapback]

If true, that would be a jump of $5.5 million. Pretty significant.

I think its around 8 Million.

197741[/snapback]

I heard, read, that with the projected increase in the CAP, we're going to be around 8 to 9 mil under, but that escalator clauses in some current contracts could reduce this number.