Anchorbar--Hamilton, Ontario

Thought I would give my review for the new franchise that opened the week before the Super Bowl here in Hamilton, Ontario.

My family and I went and we had expectations that it would be the same or similar to the Anchorbar in Buffalo. Boy was I wrong.

Everything was over priced and you got less but the biggest dissapointment were the wings.

They do not come with sauce! I ordered medium and when they arrived at my table they were dry. No sauce at all! I asked the waiter if they forgot to put on sauce and he said thats how they come and that they are "dry seasoned" and if I wanted sauce on my wings I should have specified that when I ordered.

WTF???

I am not a big Anchorbar fan anyways ( I prefer Duffs) but I figured hey if its in my city why not try it out?

First and last time.

CBF

Thought I would give my review for the new franchise that opened the week before the Super Bowl here in Hamilton, Ontario.

My family and I went and we had expectations that it would be the same or similar to the Anchorbar in Buffalo. Boy was I wrong.

Everything was over priced and you got less but the biggest dissapointment were the wings.

They do not come with sauce! I ordered medium and when they arrived at my table they were dry. No sauce at all! I asked the waiter if they forgot to put on sauce and he said thats how they come and that they are "dry seasoned" and if I wanted sauce on my wings I should have specified that when I ordered.

WTF???

I am not a big Anchorbar fan anyways ( I prefer Duffs) but I figured hey if its in my city why not try it out?

First and last time.

CBF

You would think Anchor Bar would have some quality control over their franchisees.

PTR

I always enjoyed the Anchor Bar. I liked the wings but my favorite there was the meatball sandwich. What I also liked about the Buffalo version of the Anchor bar(before the renovation) was it's dive bar homeyness it had. Growing up in Canada, I was also surprised to see that they needed camera's to monitor the parking lot. Had never seen that before. Really dating myself now. It was probably 1976 or 77 the first time I was there.

The bar-bill is good. The wings are nice size. Their more of a dry rub, no sloppy sauce.

You would think Anchor Bar would have some quality control over their franchisees.

PTR

. Duff's in OP is like that, very poor quality. Edited by roush