How PPP defines "rich"

What's PPP's definition of "rich"  

27 members have voted

1. 1. In your opinion, what constitutes being "rich" in America? (Gross income)

• $500,000+ per year
    • $250,000+ per year
    • $150,000+ per year
    • $100,000+ per year
    • $75,000+ per year
    • $50,000+ per year

I agree with Tasker... rich has little to do with income, more to do with what people did with their income, like investing and acquiring assets...

NFL players are a great example... Some make more in income, than most of us will in our entire lives, but are broke soon after, or even during (V Young) their career... But then, I know people that have never, ever, earned 6 figure income, who are now quite "comfortable"...

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I asked the question I wanted to ask. So far the responses, even yours, have been great.

You wanted to ask a meaningless question?

OK, I have a follow-up, equally valuable:

Do poor people read:

20+ books per year

15+ books per year

10+ books per year

8+ books per year

5+ books per year

3+ books per year

1-3 books per year

less than 1 book per year

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

You wanted to ask a meaningless question?

OK, I have a follow-up, equally valuable:

Do poor people read:

20+ books per year

15+ books per year

10+ books per year

8+ books per year

5+ books per year

3+ books per year

1-3 books per year

less than 1 book per year

Define poor before asking this question, in fairness to the thread.

Being rich we wouldn't have to eat Kraft dinner. But we would eat Kraft dinner. Of course we would, we'd just eat more and buy really expensive ketchups with it. That's right, all the fanciest Dijon ketchups.

who the hell eats ketchup with macaroni and cheese? mine is always accompanied by a slice pof bread and peanut butter.

i got the barenaked ladies reference, which is very appropriate to this thread, but i don't remember them mentioning ketchup.

I don't know about a bare naked ladies reference. But there is a recipe with pasta, pickle juice and other assorted ingredients around here somewhere.

i got the barenaked ladies reference, which is very appropriate to this thread, but i don't remember them mentioning ketchup.

It there in the lyrics... :-P

There is an affinity for ketchup up there... Those wacky Canadians... I think I was in Canada (when I was a lad) and first saw the wildly flavored potato chips they had up there... Ketchup is one of them! I thought like, yuck! Up until that point, I knew of only salt-n-vinegar style... Which I suppose is probably Brit in origin? Outside of certain regions of the US and of course Canada... Next time, ask for vinegar for your French fries when eating out... You will get the confused look. ;-)

I don't know about a bare naked ladies reference. But there is a recipe with pasta, pickle juice and other assorted ingredients around here somewhere.

It is the lyrics to: If I Had A Million Dollars. The last line is: "I'd be rich!"

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

you're rich if you're content with what you have, feel secure, fullfilled, loved respected and happy. he with the most happiness wins.

If power, money and the ability to make those around one into servile psyconphants makes one happy, and, if that makes them the MOST happy: do they win?

If power, money and the ability to make those around one into servile psyconphants makes one happy, and, if that makes them the MOST happy: do they win?

i suppose....in observing many people over many years i've come to the conclusion that wealth and happiness aren't directly correlated. plenty of examples of unhappy wealthy people in pop culture. conversely, some with little or no wealth are very happy. it does, however, seem that being mean and spiteful is correlated with unhappiness, in my experience. whether that's cause or effect, i don't know. probably both.

There is an affinity for ketchup up there... Those wacky Canadians... I think I was in Canada (when I was a lad) and first saw the wildly flavored potato chips they had up there... Ketchup is one of them! I thought like, yuck! Up until that point, I knew of only salt-n-vinegar style... Which I suppose is probably Brit in origin? Outside of certain regions of the US and of course Canada... Next time, ask for vinegar for your French fries when eating out... You will get the confused look. ;-)

Of course you'll get a confused look because you didn't ask for Malt Vinegar.

Rich is when you have all you need, but and most of all a family that loves and cares for you...

Did that make any of you tingle?

But Seriously. I would say that if a person has more money than they know what to do with they are "rich". When it comes to "taxing the rich more" for me it's just making sure they are paying the same rate as the rest of us. There's no reason why I should be paying 19% of my income to Uncle Sam while some of the very rich are paying 15%. Some have argued for a flat tax rate. I think I could get behind that.

You're only rich if you're loved and you have your health.

Damn, someone beat me to it... LOL