Sign of the times (TV ratings)

\GoBillsInDallas/

The results of the TV ratings for the "February Sweeps" are in for all the networks.

NBC finished 5th in the ratings, behind:

CBS

ABC

Fox

and Univision.

Or maybe NBC just plain sucks. Other than SNL I can't recall a show I watch regularly in NBC.

PTR

I can't believe the strategy of creating awful sitcoms for its marginally talented SNL alumni to star in hasn't been a winning strategy.

:lol:

Remember when NBC was the dominant network and ABC was a joke?

Edited by Mark Vader

Or maybe NBC just plain sucks. Other than SNL I can't recall a show I watch regularly in NBC.

PTR

Community is the only decent show on that network, but like a lot of good shows (i.e. Arrested Development) it wasn't dumbed down enough to appeal to the masses. Now with Harmon gone, outside of sports I have no reason to turn on NBC.

It is strange, but I wouldn't necessarily chalk this up to the quality of NBC's programming...the Latin population is huge, and being served by, essentially one network..I realize most local markets offer a couple more Latin stations on cable...when you also factor in that a significant part of the Latin population doesn't speak English that makes Univision all the more powerful. In some ways, this is just a reflection of what is happening everywhere. Doesn't mean that NBC doesn't suck...

I want to see how the office wraps up but.... They skipped last week - obviously. They've butchered anything good they've had.

I tried....but I finally gave up after the Halloween episode...last season was not great, but a few laughs...this final season, however, was just the pits...always liked Ed Helms as Andy, until Steve Carrell...Helms was just bloody annoying...Erin still cute though...I suspect I will catch them in reruns at some point...was surprised to see Bryan Cranston was directing episodes...won't blame him for direction.

Edited by Buftex