Aren't the Jests releases free agents right now?

Kellyto83TD

FAs from other teams can't be signed by other teams til FA actully begins... 3/12 I believe. They can begin negotiations though on Feb. 28.

these are not expiring contracts. levitre and byrd are still bills, for example. the released jets are unemployed.

the vets arent subject to waivers - just the youngsters i believe

Then that would immediately make them unrestricted free agents so they would fall under the same rules as a player who is set to become a free agent like Byrd and Levitre

I think they can be claimed through the waiver process but once they go unclaimed they become free agents and fall into the free agency pool rules

The douchebag greatest wide receiver ever, was cut, then cleared waivers. The rams signed him and then cut him 9 days later. If the Bills are interested they can have them shortly. But I hope not. Edited by Best Player Available

I'd love me some Bart Scott

Eric Smith sucks though. He is one of those - Just throw it to whoever Eric Smith is 'covering' - defenders

Bart is over the hill......... Imo

They may be considering any of those ex-Jets (and might be negotiating with them), but IMHO re-signing Byrd and Levitre is FAR more important than going after any of the players cut by other teams recently.

We know that Byrd and Levitre have played well for the Bills. We also know that the Jets think that the players that they've cut haven't performed up to their high dollar contracts. I think the Bills should be all-in on trying to re-sign both Byrd and Levitre even if it means signing zero FAs from other teams. I can't think of a FA from another team that could help as much as it would hurt to lose either Jairus Byrd or Andy Levitre.

The douchebag greatest wide receiver ever, was cut, then cleared waivers. The rams signed him and then cut him 9 days later. If the Bills are interested they can have them shortly. But I hope not.

Rams put in a waiver claim on him. Then realized what a really stupid mistake they made and waived him.