FSU Seminoles combine/draft primer

Ramius

Here's a pretty good primer on the 13 FSU guys headed to the combine and thus, draft eligible.

http://www.seminoles.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/022013aaa.html

The guys they profile are: QB EJ Manuel, RB Chris Thompson, RB/FB/everything back Lonnie Pryor, WR Rodney Smith, OT Menelik Watson, DEs Tank Carradine, Bjoern Werner, and Brandon Jenkins, DT Everette Dawkins, LB/S Nick Moody, CB Xavier Rhodes, former CB Greg Reid, and K Dustin Hopkins.

As usual, i've seen all these guys play and can answer most questions on them.

Rhodes is not very good technique wise. He has everything you look for but will be a second rounder because of his inconsistencies. My favorite player out of this group is actually HB/FB Lonnie Pryor. He does everything well. He can carry the rock, he can pass protect with the best of em, and he can catch the ball out of the backfield. His weakness is his actual drive ahead blocking but he is not bad at it by any stretch of the imagination.

well, who are your favorites

I'm already on record with my thoughts on EJ, so from the others, my favorites are Lonnie Pryor, Tank Carradine, and Dustin Hopkins. Pryor is a jack-of-all trades back. He was asked to play FB because of a glut of talent at the RB position. But they wanted him on the field as much as possible. He can run, he can catch (caught quite a few passes), and he's very reliable in pass protection. He's the ultimate team-first guy who is going to do whatever he's asked. I like him as a 3rd down RB, and would love to see him mixed in with Freddie and CJ.

Carradine was a beast and its such a shame he tore his ACL in the UF game. He blew up for us after Jenkins got hurt. It was a real surprise. He's always looked good in rotational spots in his earlier seasons, but a lot of were surprised by how good he looked. He'd have probably been a 1st rounder. But if he falls to the top of round 3, he's definitely worth taking there.

Hopkins is worth looking at as a Lindell replacement. Cannon for a leg. Can boom kickoffs, but also place them where needed. To me, he was one of those kickers for us where when he lines us, you're not worried he's going to miss the kick.

Here's a pretty good primer on the 13 FSU guys headed to the combine and thus, draft eligible.

http://www.seminoles.../022013aaa.html

The guys they profile are: QB EJ Manuel, RB Chris Thompson, RB/FB/everything back Lonnie Pryor, WR Rodney Smith, OT Menelik Watson, DEs Tank Carradine, Bjoern Werner, and Brandon Jenkins, DT Everette Dawkins, LB/S Nick Moody, CB Xavier Rhodes, former CB Greg Reid, and K Dustin Hopkins.

As usual, i've seen all these guys play and can answer most questions on them.

No Vince Williams? He was smashing dudes at the senior bowl.

I'm already on record with my thoughts on EJ, so from the others, my favorites are Lonnie Pryor, Tank Carradine, and Dustin Hopkins. Pryor is a jack-of-all trades back. He was asked to play FB because of a glut of talent at the RB position. But they wanted him on the field as much as possible. He can run, he can catch (caught quite a few passes), and he's very reliable in pass protection. He's the ultimate team-first guy who is going to do whatever he's asked. I like him as a 3rd down RB, and would love to see him mixed in with Freddie and CJ.

Carradine was a beast and its such a shame he tore his ACL in the UF game. He blew up for us after Jenkins got hurt. It was a real surprise. He's always looked good in rotational spots in his earlier seasons, but a lot of were surprised by how good he looked. He'd have probably been a 1st rounder. But if he falls to the top of round 3, he's definitely worth taking there.

Hopkins is worth looking at as a Lindell replacement. Cannon for a leg. Can boom kickoffs, but also place them where needed. To me, he was one of those kickers for us where when he lines us, you're not worried he's going to miss the kick.

How about Watson? He seems to have tons of potential. How did he play? Looks like some real potential in fsu. I'd LOVE to grab Hopkins in the 6th. I think manual has the most upside of any QB in this draft, I'd be ok with him in rd 2 and would love to get Jenkins or carradine in the 3rd