Proposed Missouri Gun Bill

Joe Miner

We hadn't had a good gun thread in a few days so:

http://www.examiner....to-turn-weapons

According to House Bill 545, "assault" rifles are defined as any semi-automatic rifle with a detachable magazine that has one or more of the following characteristics:

a. A pistol grip or thumbhole stock;

b. Any feature capable of functioning as a protruding grip that can be held by the nontrigger hand;

c. A folding or telescoping stock; or

d. A shroud attached to the barrel, or that partially or completely encircles the barrel, allowing the bearer to hold the firearm with the nontrigger hand without being burned, but excluding a slide that encloses the barrel.

Those already in possession of these weapons or magazines will have 90 days to:
  • Remove the assault weapon or large capacity magazine from the state of Missouri;

• Render the assault weapon permanently inoperable; or

• Surrender the assault weapon or large capacity magazine to the appropriate law enforcement agency for destruction, subject to specific agency regulations.

If the proposal becomes law, those who violate it will be charged with a Class C felony, punishable by up to seven years in prison.

From the Missouri State Constitution Article 1 bill of rights:

Section 23. That the right of every citizen to keep and bear arms in defense of his home, person and property, or when lawfully summoned in aid of the civil power, shall not be questioned.

I specifically lke the "90 days" for citizens to comply to the states............................do criminals get any additional time ?

We hadn't had a good gun thread in a few days so:

http://www.examiner....to-turn-weapons

[/font][/color]

Sounds like they ripped off the asinine NY definition under the SAFE act bullcrap that was passed without anyone reading it.

From the Missouri State Constitution Article 1 bill of rights:

Section 23. That the right of every citizen to keep and bear arms in defense of his home, person and property, or when lawfully summoned in aid of the civil power, shall not be questioned.

I specifically lke the "90 days" for citizens to comply to the states............................do criminals get any additional time ?

I'd like to see how the state plans on enforcing that proposed law without getting a bulload of cops killed.

d. A shroud attached to the barrel, or that partially or completely encircles the barrel, allowing the bearer to hold the firearm with the nontrigger hand without being burned, but excluding a slide that encloses the barrel.

That's nice. Very nice. Vague enough that it encompasses almost every rifle ever made.

Didn't MO just pass something that would make it a crime for the federal government to try to take someone's guns?

I don't care about the state and what they assume as law anymore on this topic... I only care about what the real people, that once swore the oath to defend have to say.

While MO has a number of county sheriffs sign on to protect, I don't see the state yet in this list....

https://www.facebook.com/groups/NationalOathKeepers/permalink/464098873649731/

Fighting back:

http://cnsnews.com/blog/gregory-gwyn-williams-jr/firearms-companies-restricting-sales-government-agencies-areas

"A growing number of firearm and firearm-related companies have stated they will no longer sell items to states, counties, cities and municipalities that restrict their citizens' rights to own them.

According to The Police Loophole, 34 companies have joined in publicly stating that governments who seek to restrict 2nd Amendment rights will themselves be restricted from purchasing the items they seek to limit or ban."

Fighting back:

http://cnsnews.com/b...-agencies-areas

"A growing number of firearm and firearm-related companies have stated they will no longer sell items to states, counties, cities and municipalities that restrict their citizens' rights to own them.

According to The Police Loophole, 34 companies have joined in publicly stating that governments who seek to restrict 2nd Amendment rights will themselves be restricted from purchasing the items they seek to limit or ban."

I don't see that working. There'll be plenty of smaller companies that would be more that willing to sell fireamrs to those states.

I don't see that working. There'll be plenty of smaller companies that would be more that willing to sell fireamrs to those states.

Well if I remember my own post well enough, there are thirty some companies that have taken this stance. Besides, with the bs the government is touting, these companies are prospering quite well with private buyers. The government has never gotten the concept of unintended consequences.