Four Bama Players Arrested for Robbery.

#34fan

Apparently Bama is going to really crack down on them. They might even make them sit out an hour of the first spring practice.

Bama isnt UGA, and Saban is no Mark Richt. Id be surprised to see these kids playing for the Tide next year.

+1. They just recruited guys with equal or better abilities. They have 7-9 Wideouts and Williams couldn't get on the field last year anyway. They are the team withour Divas unlike the Georgias and Floridas of the South. You don't see them going ghetto on somebody after gaining 10 yards or making a solid tackle like many other schools. These guys are just 4 of 85 and they won't be allowed to play just because of their ability when they have many others that will do just as well, waiting for their turn on scholarship. Edited by MOVALLEYRANDY

Saban suspended them all indefinitely today. I am sure I will run into at least one of them next summer when we drive from Nashville to the Gulf coast...probably either at the drive through at McDonalds getting coffee or on the side of the road picking up trash in an orange jumpsuit.

How fricken stupid are some people??????

Saban suspended them all indefinitely today. I am sure I will run into at least one of them next summer when we drive from Nashville to the Gulf coast...probably either at the drive through at McDonalds getting coffee or on the side of the road picking up trash in an orange jumpsuit.

How fricken stupid are some people??????

Were any of these guys NFL hopefuls? CFL? Then they were destined for the drive thru eventually.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

im not even going to look first and guess they were all black

i watch the news and see stories about crimes and sit there going 'pls dont be black, pls dont be black'. then i hear the reporter 'police have identified shaniqua jones ...' oh crap

of course a bunch of you will now viciously accuse me of being racist, which of course is absurd, especially considering i was married to a black woman. my concern is exactly that, that we cant even talk about these issues, thus we essentially allow the black subculture to have this dysfunction, and we pretent like it will all work itself out if we just remain silent and act like we dont have this kind of intentional ignorance bias

the gangsta subculture is a poison that is ensnaring our black brothers and sisters, while white people pretend its not an issue. it is and we need to admit it

Edited by Meathead

im not even going to look first and guess they were all black

i watch the news and see stories about crimes and sit there going 'pls dont be black, pls dont be black'. then i hear the reporter 'police have identified shaniqua jones ...' oh crap

of course a bunch of you will now viciously accuse me of being racist, which of course is absurd, especially considering i was married to a black woman. my concern is exactly that, that we cant even talk about these issues, thus we essentially allow the black subculture to have this dysfunction, and we pretent like it will all work itself out if we just remain silent and act like we dont have this kind of intentional ignorance bias

the gangsta subculture is a poison that is ensnaring our black brothers and sisters, while white people pretend its not an issue. it is and we need to admit it

First off, your guessing that "they are black" when the title already says they are football players on Alabama isnt really going out on any sociological limb there. :nana:

Now with regard to the bold...

So what do you want us to do about it? Am I supposed to walk into the Atlanta Public High School down my street tomorrow and announce "Attention Black People! I acknowledge the criminal influence poisoning your culture, and Im here to say that I am not going to let it happen!!"?

Im all for helping, but Im not sure how some white people are supposed to fix another culture. Cultures need to be changed from the inside. Im open to suggestions.

We have kids regardless of race falling into bad patterns. Money, domination, power etc are what is valued.

And in some circles it is.

Maybe society in general has issues, because it's across the board around these parts.

One definer is education and opportunity, or lack there of.

That said these kids are just stupid and made a BIG mistake.

Now how does society get them on track ?

Glaring weakness in OUR culture of Americans.

We have kids regardless of race falling into bad patterns. Money, domination, power etc are what is valued.

And in some circles it is.

Maybe society in general has issues, because it's across the board around these parts.

One definer is education and opportunity, or lack there of.

That said these kids are just stupid and made a BIG mistake.

Now how does society get them on track ?

Glaring weakness in OUR culture of Americans.

Agreed that this spans across races.

Some of these kids walk straight out of hell, and into a Bama classroom, but why isn't there some process of de-briefing them from these damaging experiences?

Bottom line... I'd like to see the NFL (which is where these kids hope to go) take a more active role in behavioral transitioning for NCAA athletes....

Some of these kids walk straight out of hell, and into a Bama classroom, but why isn't there some process of de-briefing them from these damaging experiences?

Bottom line... I'd like to see the NFL (which is where these kids hope to go) take a more active role in behavioral transitioning for NCAA athletes....

Regardless of color if a kid never applied himself in school he's not going to start after one pep talk. If the habit isn't set early in life it's not going to happen later.

PTR

First off, your guessing that "they are black" when the title already says they are football players on Alabama isnt really going out on any sociological limb there. :nana:

Now with regard to the bold...

So what do you want us to do about it? Am I supposed to walk into the Atlanta Public High School down my street tomorrow and announce "Attention Black People! I acknowledge the criminal influence poisoning your culture, and Im here to say that I am not going to let it happen!!"?

Im all for helping, but Im not sure how some white people are supposed to fix another culture. Cultures need to be changed from the inside. Im open to suggestions.

Simply genius

Behavioral transitioning?? What are they going to do, reprogram them like Droogs?