State of the Union Address

You are completely out of line. I've listened to Obama, not the MSM or blogosphere, enough to form my opinion of him. His SOTU speeches are all repeats of his original SOTU speech. He's a charlatan, and that is my own learned opinion, not anyone else's. Over and over and over is enough for me. I don't need over and over and over and over.

Love him, hate him, feel nothing towards him...his SOTU had more wrinkles/change/ideas that differed from some policy statements in the past than did Rubio who gave a leftover speech from the Romney campaign who merely grouped together cliches over the past 30 years...

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Love him, hate him, feel nothing towards him...his SOTU had more wrinkles/change/ideas that differed from some policy statements in the past than did Rubio who gave a leftover speech from the Romney campaign who merely grouped together cliches over the past 30 years...

Same old spin...................like the media, he seems to think (?) that repetition will make it true.....................

The President's speech had nothing new.

Sen. Rubio's speech had nothing to do with Romney.

My fellow conservative leadership thinks they can trot out a Latino minority or women with canned diatribes they are doomed. We need D'Jango unchained, not Rubio Excusinator.

Why don't you explain to us what "wrinkles/change/ideas" Obama put forward that were different from the past? Now with that in mind, tell us how Obama's ideas can happen and how they differ from Rubio's. If you value substance over rhetoric you should be able to do this without breaking a sweat.

his SOTU had more wrinkles/change/ideas that differed from some policy statements in the past than did Rubio who gave a leftover speech from the Romney campaign who merely grouped together cliches over the past 30 years...

This statement could of been made from Jay Carney, official mouth piece of Obama

Sen. Marco Rubio's response to President Obama's State of the Union address sounded so much like Mitt Romney's proposals during the 2012 campaign that it could have been delivered by the former Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney

Rubio's remarks, Carney added, "could have been delivered by Gov. Romney."

http://www.politico.com/politico44/2013/02/wh-rubio-response-could-have-been-delivered-by-gov-156911.html

How coincidental

Few things are as amusing to me as listening to liberal suggest that smaller government, less spending, liberty, freedom, and self-accountability - everything Rubio discussed in his speech - are merely leftover 30-year-old cliches.

Great job.

Why don't you explain to us what "wrinkles/change/ideas" Obama put forward that were different from the past? Now with that in mind, tell us how Obama's ideas can happen and how they differ from Rubio's. If you value substance over rhetoric you should be able to do this without breaking a sweat.

lol go back and watch it, when he talks about specific things he would like to do that he has not before, those are your new policy statements....then watch Rubio...when he fails to talk about anything specific...those are your lack of policy statements...now granted he went on right after I don't know if he got a copy before he prepared his speech but in general there are was, as usual, nothing but vague references to unquantifiable values...it was what it always is an opportunity to further the profile of a speaker in the minority party...and it didn't even go well as far as that is concerned

For one, free pre-school. He phrased it as "all should have ACCESS to pre-school" but we all know that "access" is the Dem code word for giving it away. As usual, Obama's grandiose plans always lack any fiscal accountability or numbers. I have to give the guy credit, he's awesome at preaching to the uninformed which is a growing part of our population.

lol go back and watch it, when he talks about specific things he would like to do that he has not before, those are your new policy statements....then watch Rubio...when he fails to talk about anything specific...those are your lack of policy statements...now granted he went on right after I don't know if he got a copy before he prepared his speech but in general there are was, as usual, nothing but vague references to unquantifiable values...it was what it always is an opportunity to further the profile of a speaker in the minority party...and it didn't even go well as far as that is concerned

What is it about Obama's agenda and record that is good?

What is it about Obama's agenda and record that is good?

Let me save him the trouble as I have my Mad Libs liberal response to this ready to go:

"If Obama didn't (fill in the blank) then unemployment would be at (pick a number greater than 13%) and the economic growth would be (pick a number lower than zero) because he pulled us back from the worst (fill in the blank) since (fill in the blank.) Don't you remember when Bush (fill in the blank)? And if Romney won, then (fill in the blank) would be at an all-time (low/high/circle one) since (pick a year)."

You are completely out of line. I've listened to Obama, not the MSM or blogosphere, enough to form my opinion of him. His SOTU speeches are all repeats of his original SOTU speech. He's a charlatan, and that is my own learned opinion, not anyone else's. Over and over and over is enough for me. I don't need over and over and over and over.

The lady doth protest too much...