The 53 Year Anniversary Bills Wall of Shame Awards

Meathead

Jerman was here one year, after 3 years in Miami, started 3 games after being picked up as a free agent after injuries and was never in pro football again. Williams was supposed to be the anchor of the offensive line for 10 years, lasted 4 bad years and only played 8 games after leaving Buffalo. I do not think that 3 games qualifies for this wall. You need a "body of work" and you need the disappointment factor. This is the hall of shame we are talking about.

Again, I saw better play out of Big Mike than I did out of Cornell Green, Langston Walker and numerous others. I don't think he was good but I'll agree that relative to expectation, his failure was greater than Jerman's.

Jerman was still flat-out the worst OL I have ever seen start in a Bills uniform.

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My final recommendations are that this lineup should combine incompetence with expectations. In other words, it is OK to be bad if you had no expectations otherwise but the true wall of shame should come from those who showed up with high hopes.

well we do use expectations as a tie breaker, but using that as a criteria ahead of just pure sucking would be a different discussion. and while i agree that would be a more interesting approach, it would also dramatically increase the complexity of the effort. once we did that we could (and would) literally debate this forever with no resolution

anticipating that problem, i made the rules simple to minimize the potential for endless debate. i suppose you could call that the quick and dirty approach - inferior in regards to depth but at least we would get it done within five years lol

"Dangerous" Dan McGrew.

wow 1960 good memory. but according to pfr he did not start

well we do use expectations as a tie breaker, but using that as a criteria ahead of just pure sucking would be a different discussion. and while i agree that would be a more interesting approach, it would also dramatically increase the complexity of the effort. once we did that we could (and would) literally debate this forever with no resolution

anticipating that problem, i made the rules simple to minimize the potential for endless debate. i suppose you could call that the quick and dirty approach - inferior in regards to depth but at least we would get it done within five years lol

wow 1960 good memory. but according to pfr he did not start

Actually according to this page Dangerous Dan McGrew did start, they just had no stats

http://www.pro-footb...1960_roster.htm

But if you go to his page http://www.pro-footb.../M/McGrDa20.htm you will see that he was named 2nd team All-AFL so he could not have been that bad as a center.

However where he earned his nickname was as a long snapper on punts. It was adventure everytime he snapped to punter Billy Atkins. So he could be named the all time worst long snapper.

Edited by Yoho

im afraid its too late for that. darraghs name has already been officially besmirchified

he and marangi are in a class of suck all by themselves. stephenson and dufek are a couple levels above. and losman really would be close to a relative hall of famer compared to them

Ashton youboty, Derek Fine not sure if they ever stated though

youboty couldnt hold watson or hills wall of shame jocks. derek fine is a very good candidate but just barely exceeds euhus in total mass suckitude

youboty couldnt hold watson or hills wall of shame jocks. derek fine is a very good candidate but just barely exceeds euhus in total mass suckitude

Was Ryan Neufeld considered at TE? I think taking up a roster spot for five years and only recording 13 catches deserves some recognition. (He started 7 games over three different years.)

Euhus had 14 catches, but only took up a roster spot for two years.

Edited by Matt in KC

Dufek,Marangi,Darrah,Flores for Lamonica? but i have to go with BJ Hobart. There is no excuse for a proffessional QB to not know the game plan. His locker should have been cleared out,and all his shwag thrown in the parking lot..I wonder if anybady has ever been cut during an NFL game?

I think Dockery earns a special mention. This thread was set up like we were trying to field the worst possible team of players that qualified, ignoring the money. Dockery is one of the worst values we've ever had on the team. Its' hard to be more critical of a UDFA who started a single game when the team was desperate for a lineman than DD with how he screwed up our salary cap and added little to the play of the line. He really had no lateral movement!

Matt, what I remember most wrt Dockery was his clean uniforms. I am the nut that watches the blockers more than anything else during games. If there was no replay, I would miss many tds.

Dockery put ZERO effort into his job. He was on the field thinking about his paycheck. I got the feeling that he could have blocked someone if he wanted to, but he absolutely didn't care. His played with no aggression; it was as if he was out there defending himself.And his body seemed to never hit the ground.

At the end of a game, his uniform looked as if he just put it on.

Big Mike was not good but his flashes of potential vs. Jerman's "Jesus, someone might die today" play have to sway the balance. I could deal with Tony Hunter over Euhus.

Best post of the thread. :lol::D:lol:

The thing is, it really is true. I remember actually being worried that someone would be crippled or killed when Jerman was on the field. He was knocked on his ass, trampled, and/or tossed around on virtually every play, and it barely took 2 seconds. Then there would be clear, straight lanes to the qb and running backs.

Unbelieveable.

Who's the coach?

I nominate Kay Stephenson.

Great point.

What's a lousy team without an inept coach?

And the Bills have many candidates for this position.

Besides Stephenson, John Rauch, Harvey Johnson (perhaps the frontrunner), and Hank Bullough all deserve consideration.

In contrast to these men, Jauron and Gailey look like HOF head coaches.

Great point.

What's a lousy team without an inept coach?

And the Bills have many candidates for this position.

Besides Stephenson, John Rauch, Harvey Johnson (perhaps the frontrunner), and Hank Bullough all deserve consideration.

In contrast to these men, Jauron and Gailey look like HOF head coaches.

Harvey Johnson (perhaps the frontrunner)?

Edited by bowery4