The 53 Year Anniversary Bills Wall of Shame Awards

Meathead

LOL to both of these, dare I say it, you are idiots.

I get the Harmon nomination...I am absolutely 100 % convinced he was on the take in that Cleveland game, should be automatic on worst Bills ever...maybe even qualify him for top spot overall

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

kicker has got to be, and not even a contest, Tom Dempsey.I am still cold from that friggen opener when he missed the kick that would have ended the streak...my most hated Bill ever. Yes, he can make this list based on one kick.

At Safety, I would vote for either Kurt Schulz or Keion Capenter.

That's it. You're hereby disenfranchised.

Mike Pucillo from 2003-2004ish. Worst lineman I've ever seen

There were just so many horror show blockers, we could spend days talking about them.

Pucillo was just about as bad as it gets at guard, and Jerman was the worst OT perhaps I have ever seen at the professional level. He was SO bad tht I once contacted Lori about him. In so many words, I asked her if I was seeing things, and she confirmed my suspicions. Again, I was actually concerned for his safety. :doh:

Corey Loucheiy was an interesting player, in terms of being terrible. When he ran out on the field, he looked as he could play. It took me longer than usual to realize that he was flat out horrible. The man just couldn't play at all. Same wrt Fowler. He had the footing and his technique appeared to be sound. He too looked like a center, but he was brutally beaten on almost every down.

You can't make this stuff up.

There were just so many horror show blockers, we could spend days talking about them.

Pucillo was just about as bad as it gets at guard, and Jerman was the worst OT perhaps I have ever seen at the professional level. He was SO bad tht I once contacted Lori about him. In so many words, I asked her if I was seeing things, and she confirmed my suspicions. Again, I was actually concerned for his safety. :doh:

Corey Loucheiy was an interesting player, in terms of being terrible. When he ran out on the field, he looked as he could play. It took me longer than usual to realize that he was flat out horrible. The man just couldn't play at all. Same wrt Fowler. He had the footing and his technique appeared to be sound. He too looked like a center, but he was brutally beaten on almost every down.

You can't make this stuff up.

This thread underscores the lunacy of the idea that the Bills can just let Levitre go and plug in a replacement like magic.

That's it. You're hereby disenfranchised.

Agreed there. Schultz wasn't your prototypical safety but he could play. Jim Leonhard was a poor and tiny man's Schultz.

Wasn't Stevens nailed for peds which led the Bills to dump him just after his rookie year? He was ultimately a journeyman, but I not sure he was the worst safety the Bills fielded.

I don't remember what happened with Matt Stevens. (There must have been something going on in my life where I wasn't paying close attention that year.) I just remember him running around with his pigtail sticking out of his helmet looking 40 pounds too small and never getting to the play before it was over. I think all of his tackles were guys going out of bounds of him beign the first there when they fell over. Seriously, he stunk!

Some other quick thoughts:

DiGeorgio does not blong on this list, even as a placeholder. Whoever nominated him is crazy.

Neither does Kurt Schulz. Whoever nominated him is crazy.

Mike Pucillo was our center, wasn't he? I only saw him listed as a guard on this list (? Did he play both positions for us?). I remember him being really soft and a big part of Bledsoe getting crushed in the pocket... and regularly looking like he was going to cry.

This list is obviously full of children. Otherwise you would remember such great first round picks as Phil Doakes and Walt Patulski... not to mention Terry Miller, Booker Moore, and Perry Tuttle.

I am old and bitter.

Go Bills! Please.

You may be old and bitter, but with age comes forgetfulness. There's one 80's paragon of awesome that you're forgetting. I'm talking, of course, about the great Joe Dufek. (sp?)

If disappointment is a factor, than Tony Hunter would be a lock for the TE spot.

There is something about the Bills and Notre Dame...

I don't remember what happened with Matt Stevens. (There must have been something going on in my life where I wasn't paying close attention that year.) I just remember him running around with his pigtail sticking out of his helmet looking 40 pounds too small and never getting to the play before it was over. I think all of his tackles were guys going out of bounds of him beign the first there when they fell over. Seriously, he stunk!

Some other quick thoughts:

DiGeorgio does not blong on this list, even as a placeholder. Whoever nominated him is crazy.

Neither does Kurt Schulz. Whoever nominated him is crazy.

Mike Pucillo was our center, wasn't he? I only saw him listed as a guard on this list (? Did he play both positions for us?). I remember him being really soft and a big part of Bledsoe getting crushed in the pocket... and regularly looking like he was going to cry.

Seems sort of strange to see names of guys that played on some of the better Bills teams all over this thread. With many eras of fail, you'd think there would be plenty of bad players to choose from on those awful teams.

Was he worse than Jasper?

Jasper was switching positions and was a longshot 7th rounder from nowheresville from the get-go. Pucillo, too, was a 7th rounder but came from a decent school in Auburn and saw a decent amount of starting time at guard and center. He got Bledsoe blown up on multiple occasions.

Jasper was fun to root for; Pucillo was sickening to watch when the whole rest of the world outside of his coaching staff knew he stunk.

Jasper was switching positions and was a longshot 7th rounder from nowheresville from the get-go. Pucillo, too, was a 7th rounder but came from a decent school in Auburn and saw a decent amount of starting time at guard and center. He got Bledsoe blown up on multiple occasions.

Jasper was fun to root for; Pucillo was sickening to watch when the whole rest of the world outside of his coaching staff knew he stunk.

Well, I think Pucillo was actually not the worst OL ever. He started games for 3 different teams. But, by that, I'm not saying he was very good either. He was just another body and one of many bad lineman the Bills have started over the years. (I see the OP wanted only guys that started games, so I guess Jasper is out.) Corey Hulsey was pretty dismal and started. The list is too long...

At a different position: Torell Troup started a pair of games. Aaron Williams is a terrible CB.

PS: Raion Hill anybody?

At QB, Willie Totten who was Jerry Rice's college QB. Started as a replacement player during a player's strike. Of course anyone who played as a replacement player would qualify as worst ever, so never mind.

Willie is a great trivia answer, but statistically he was not the worst. That honor still goes to Manuci and Rutkowski. My God this thread is like a car wreck! I know it is horrible but I can't look away!

cmon man, somebodys gotta remember if Tom Ruud was an inside or outside LB. im hoping inside so we can replace pizza boy. if its outside i doubt he can beat out who we already have there

How about Andra Davis or Akin Ayodele? They were ILB's.

I get the Harmon nomination...I am absolutely 100 % convinced he was on the take in that Cleveland game, should be automatic on worst Bills ever...maybe even qualify him for top spot overall

I shouldn't have used the word idiot and the Bills have had a pretty decent run of RB's aside from the all time greats, just don't think Harmon is the worst and Early had two solid seasons with the Bills.

Davis was OK, the definition of JAG. Ayodele was not very good but he was no Eddie Robinson.

yeah and lets be honest, both of them were no worse than pizza boy

im still hoping we can get some confirmation on ruud being an inside backer cuz he seems like a very good candidate for pizzaboys spot