Bulls Kicking Ass

truth on hold

I don't know about you but if there is a bull running at me, I definitely prefer to stand on a concrete ledge with an eight foot drop onto another concrete surface.

What were some of these people thinking?

Edited by PTS

Those bulls might weigh 1100 lbs at best. That's not much for a bull. At all. Mine is 2,400. My last one was 2100. The 2,100 was aggressive. He would get bored and just look at you. He would just move whatever was in his way to get what he wanted.

the one now is worse but not aggressive. He decided he wanted on the other side of my woven wire fence and just pushed his way through it. He will feel like itching himself and he has pushed trees down. When I rub his head he likes it so much he pushes back, like a dog would, but he will knock you over and just look at you. But. I have him trained, I can call "hey bull" and he will come regardless of where he is. I will give him some treats and he is happy. He usually has the herd follow him, which is good. But its mostly for if he gets out. I can't just put a lariat around him and drag so I trained him to follow food like a puppy.

i bet he is gonna be delicious.... :devil:

Those bulls might weigh 1100 lbs at best. That's not much for a bull. At all. Mine is 2,400. My last one was 2100. The 2,100 was aggressive. He would get bored and just look at you. He would just move whatever was in his way to get what he wanted.

the one now is worse but not aggressive. He decided he wanted on the other side of my woven wire fence and just pushed his way through it. He will feel like itching himself and he has pushed trees down. When I rub his head he likes it so much he pushes back, like a dog would, but he will knock you over and just look at you. But. I have him trained, I can call "hey bull" and he will come regardless of where he is. I will give him some treats and he is happy. He usually has the herd follow him, which is good. But its mostly for if he gets out. I can't just put a lariat around him and drag so I trained him to follow food like a puppy.

Edited by The Poojer

i bet he is gonna be delicious.... :devil:

nothing but ground beef and roasts. His muscles are so dense. His body so filled out that it will be tough. Once an animal is over 2 it deteriorates in taste. Those bulls in the video are about ideal. Only if they are steered. The testes release hormones that fill out the less the desirable cuts and do not help fatten the animal. So my bull or those in the video aren't too great. A steer the size of those in the video if under 24 mos. Is ideal.

I was surprised at not just how aggressive they can be, but intelligent and athletic too. Taking proper angles just launching their 1,000+ bodies into stands, onto concrete barriers and even flipping boats over in the water is just nuts. They remind me of WWE wrestlers when they pretend to lose it and a melee breaks out. But these bulls aren't pretending !

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

Man oh man. Everyone in those videos got exactly what they deserve.

nothing but ground beef and roasts. His muscles are so dense. His body so filled out that it will be tough. Once an animal is over 2 it deteriorates in taste. Those bulls in the video are about ideal. Only if they are steered. The testes release hormones that fill out the less the desirable cuts and do not help fatten the animal. So my bull or those in the video aren't too great.

Wait, I don't get it. First you said the bulls in the video are about ideal, then you said they aren't too great.

I was surprised at not just how aggressive they can be, but intelligent and athletic too. Taking proper angles just launching their 1,000+ bodies into stands, onto concrete barriers and even flipping boats over in the water is just nuts. They remind me of WWE wrestlers when they pretend to lose it and a melee breaks out. But these bulls aren't pretending !

It certainly does look like the bulls in those videos are sometimes just doing things to !@#$ with those people.

Wait, I don't get it. First you said the bulls in the video are about ideal, then you said they aren't too great.

Size and frame are great, as bulls they look very nice, square butt, thick diamond on the shoulders, small triangle head. As beef, their large necks and thick shoulders are not ideal places for quality cuts.

IMG_1230.jpg

bull

P1010003.JPG

steer

Notice the steer has a more well rounded figure and with a full frame and large body he will pack some good weight on...vs. the bull has a big neck which will make the meat tougher, stronger. Both are supposed to be yearlings, per Googlé

Edited by jboyst62

Ladies and gentlemen...your 2013 Darwin Bowl!

PTR

Its one of two forms of Portuguese bull fighting practiced on the island of Terceira ....

Popular since the 16th century, the "touradas à corda" (literally bullfights-by-rope) are held by local Terceiran villagers from April/May to late September. In these events, similar to the Running of the Bulls, a bull is let loose from the town’s square (or other open space) with a very long rope around its neck. The other end of the rope are held by eight "pastores", men dressed in traditional garb (white shirts, grey pants and a black hat), who control the animal from a distance (providing some sense of security). Courageous people then attempt to provoke the animal and get as close to it while avoiding being gored (resulting in many examples of humorous provocations, fearless attempts and the occasional injury or mayhem). Some "touradas à corda" also do away with the rope entirely or become semi-aquatic (when the bulls chase the participants off a dock). Following these "games" the animal is eventually retrieved and a festival will begin.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terceira_Island#section_4