Dan Marino fathered a child out of wedlock

dib

Marshall Faulk has 6 children with 4 women. Shannon Sharpe has 3 kids with 3 women. Both also HOFers and on TV every weekend during football season? Is it because Marino is white that it is a big story? Just asking?

i think that is part of it, well respected white guy- married with 6 kids, would be like Kurt Warner doing it- bit of a suprise also plays a part. Like mentioned Travis Henry has another we would all yawn

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This sucks. I am probably the only one here who feels this way, but I have total admiration for Dan Marino because of what he has done to help families with autistic children. His son is living proof that many children with autism spectrum disorders can be helped ...and many can fully recover, to the point they lose their diagnosis entirely.

The Marinos have given a lot of money to helping others' children with the same needs. The treatment they've helped autistic children get is necessary, expensive and must be provided in a timely manner to help these kids recover. there are many kids who have a chance at life today that they'd never have had if it wasn't for Dan Marino.

So to hear he betrayed his wife is sad and a little tough for me to hear, because my wife and I are going down the same road (autism) with our son and I can't imagine doing that to her after what we've gone through together.

Good people occasionally do bad things and bad people occasionally do good things.

I've told this story before, I'm sure...

Years ago, before I met her, my wife was in a hotel bar. Dan Marino was there - he went up to my wife and invited her up to his hotel room. "Aren't you married? With kids?" she asked.

"Yeah, but they're eating dinner in the hotel restaurant, they won't be done for another hour."

Then what happened?

Bet it didnt take long to consumate-he had the quickest release in football.

Haha!

Meh

It happens all the time it's just that this guy is Dan Marino.

BIG DEAL ! He and the mother & apparently his wife have taken care of the matter & decided because it was their business & no one else's to take care of it.

But of coarse the media is going to jump all over this one ...

Marshall Faulk has 6 children with 4 women. Shannon Sharpe has 3 kids with 3 women. Both also HOFers and on TV every weekend during football season? Is it because Marino is white that it is a big story? Just asking?

LOL...Maybe because he's married and having kids by someone other than his wife. Obviously it's a personal matter since his family seems to be dealing with it. BTW since you brought the others in, were they married while having these other children? Or did you include them in this conversation because they're black (rhetorical, I don't want to go down that road)?Just asking?

Edited by pimp 2

What's the matter with you guys? 7th post before someone digs out her pic??

Definitely

She isn't some incredible supermodel. She looks like a well preserved, middle aged woman, someone that would be attractive if she lived down the street, but not really special. I would expect more when we are talking about a hall of fame QB, with a high profile television gig, and that lives in Miami. Haven't you noticed how many attractive women there are strolling around New York City, and Miami? He's not the local high scholl basketball coach, he is a celebrity jock.

LOL...Maybe because he's married and having kids by someone other than his wife. Obviously it's a personal matter since his family seems to be dealing with it. BTW since you brought the others in, were they married while having these other children? Or did you include them in this conversation because they're black (rhetorical, I don't want to go down that road)?Just asking?

Actually I brought those others in reply to a post that it was news for Marino because he was still relevant being on TV as an analyst or whatever he is. So are those other two HOFers.

She isn't some incredible supermodel. She looks like a well preserved, middle aged woman, someone that would be attractive if she lived down the street, but not really special. I would expect more when we are talking about a hall of fame QB, with a high profile television gig, and that lives in Miami. Haven't you noticed how many attractive women there are strolling around New York City, and Miami? He's not the local high scholl basketball coach, he is a celebrity jock.

Who said she was an incredible supermodel?

Clearly you don't understand this board yet.

squib kick through the hands of the.... oh god that's all I have

This isn't that surprising, what with his gunslinger mentality and ability to hit small holes all over the field. Although his pocket presence is a bit suspect, because he definitely should have called for a max protect scheme. But when you're getting good penetration, it's hard not to call a keeper and take it in for a score.

But like a previous poster suggested I'm surprised Marino wasn't flagged for too many men on the field instead.

Actually I brought those others in reply to a post that it was news for Marino because he was still relevant being on TV as an analyst or whatever he is. So are those other two HOFers.

Yes they are HOF'ers but the relevance of the story is the perception of the persona of Dan Marino the married, good guy & family man. Fathering a child while still married and no perceived racial impact, IMO. But like I said previously, it appears his family has dealt with this personal matter...so should the media.

So no one thinks this is inappropriate given the fact that she was a PA and he was the on screen celebrity? What if she resisted his advances? No one thinks it's odd that this hasn't come out prior to this?

One thing if they weren't working together. But she was not even a senior producer on equal footing with him. I'd like to think it was consensual. But Bobby Petrino lost his job over something similar.

Why does Marino get a free pass?

And stayed with his family and took financial responsibility...as long as he acknowledges the child, supports her, and pays attention if the child wants a relationship ....this is news how?

I'm with you on this one. Stuff like this goes on all the time and IMO is a matter between marino, his wife and family, and the the other woman and daughter. Doesn't change my view of him one bit as a football analyst. I always though he stunk and was just taking up a seat in that role anyway. But even if I thought he were good again would not change my view a bit.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack