Rob Johnson Interview With Rich Gaenzler

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What sort of concoction led you to this conclusion, given the claims made in this thread?

I mean, you're not wrong, but it's still... baffling?

We should have a whole thread of these.

Bruce Smith > Marlo Perry.

That should have read

Fred Taylor > Rob Johnson

My bad.

We traded a first round pick to the Jacksonville Jaguars for Rob Johnson.

The pick we traded was used by Jacksonville to select Fred Taylor.

Are you a fortune teller? You can read the future? Please enlighten me how Flutie would have played worse than RJ in the Titans playoff game.

Flutie lost his first playoff game as a Bill, yes, but the point of this debate is that his next opportunity at the playoffs in which HE LEAD THE TEAM AND EARNED, was stolen from him. And you aren't a fortune teller so anything you say regarding the outcome of Flutie starting the Titans playoff game, is just pure ignorance. Good day.

Promo keeps ranting about a fumble Flutie had the year before, I guess he forgets the critical fumble Johnson had in the Music City Ripoff game.

Cost us the game?

He was the reason we were in that game.

Again, Flutie was 21-9 with the same team that Rob Johnson went 8-10 with.

And in Flutie's final season with the Bills (2000) he went 4-1.

Flutie was the Bills best player in that game but some here would rather blame him for the loss.

Again your hatred for Flutie has caused you to warp fact.

In 2000, Rob Johnson started 3 consecutive late season losses (Tampa Bay, Miami, and Indy).

Flutie started the second to last game, an OT loss to New England in which he played well, and the season ending victory against Seattle where he also played well.

I don't mind you hating Flutie but please stop with all the fiction.

Your not hurting Flutie's reputation, you're hurting your own.

I don't hate Flutie, I hate the cult that worships him.

Promo keeps ranting about a fumble Flutie had the year before, I guess he forgets the critical fumble Johnson had in the Music City Ripoff game.

Johnson finished his game with the lead.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

OBVIOUSLY Flutie went 10-5 all by himself and Johnson lost the Music City Miracle all by himself.

I also love how it was the team holding Flutie back but it was Johnson's loss when he lost.

GET OVER IT. NEITHER OF THESE GUYS WERE GOOD ENOUGH. IT THEY WERE, THAT DEFENSE WOULD HAVE TAKEN THE BILLS TO THE SUPER BOWL.

I guess the only qb we ever had was good enough is Jim Kelly who actually did take us to the superbowl four times.

The was I see it the bills qb's ranking should be Kelly, Kemp successful in playoffs) Ferguson, Lamonica, Bledsoe (short career here for both, of course) Flutie, (now its just bad qb's) Edwards, Collins, Johnson, Losman and a bunch of truly awful guys (Darragh, Manuci, Stephenson). Flutie imhop is a second tier qb as a Buffalo Bill, and Johnson falls into the really bad category.

Hey, however it looked, Flutie was a football player and was important to this franchise when he was here. Was he great? Obviously no. Was he entertaining? To me, he was.

Agree totally. When the Bills had to sell those luxury suites it was the excitement Flutie generated that did the trick. In fact I would go as far as saying Flutie probably saved the Bills in Buffalo. He was exciting and made things happen early in his tenure.

PTR