Soy sauce and Underwear

C.Biscuit97

http://www.sfgate.com/crime/article/Kwame-Harris-charged-with-felony-abuse-4230112.php

There's about a million jokes I can make , but I'l ltry to keep it professional. Personally, I don't give 2 craps about what people do in their private lives, but is it really still a big deal? I would think that an athlete who admits he's gay would be treated as a hero and get a ton of marketing deals.

http://www.sfgate.co...use-4230112.php

There's about a million jokes I can make , but I'l ltry to keep it professional. Personally, I don't give 2 craps about what people do in their private lives, but is it really still a big deal? I would think that an athlete who admits he's gay would be treated as a hero and get a ton of marketing deals.

By a certain percentage of the population, yes. For others, he'd be the anti-Christ. And that second group would include a LOT of the hyper-masculine guys in his own locker-room.

It would be quite similar to Jackie Robinson. The first openly gay athlete needs to have rhinoceros hide for skin.

By a certain percentage of the population, yes. For others, he'd be the anti-Christ. And that second group would include a LOT of the hyper-masculine guys in his own locker-room.

It would be quite similar to Jackie Robinson. The first openly gay athlete needs to have rhinoceros hide for skin.

and i bet he will probably moisturize, which doesnt help. its quite the predicament.

all joking aside, it would be a terribly difficult road he walked. while some would support him fully, others would do everything they could to ruin him. i can just see the message board comments after any bad game.... sad situation. heck, our board sometimes struggles with players writing articles saying we should support gay players.

Edited by NoSaint

and i bet he will probably moisturize, which doesnt help. its quite the predicament.

all joking aside, it would be a terribly difficult road he walked. while some would support him fully, others would do everything they could to ruin him. i can just see the message board comments after any bad game.... sad situation. heck, our board sometimes struggles with players writing articles saying we should support gay players.

Heck, many people (most people?) still use "gay" and variations thereof as a pejorative.

"Brady's such a fag."

And many people will defend the use of that phrase by the merit that it's all in good fun. But I bet they wouldn't defend "Brady's such a nig." Call it dissimilar if you want, but the commonly held belief by bigots was that black athletes were physically, mentally and emotionally inferior to white athletes.

Edited by SageAgainstTheMachine

Heck, many people (most people?) still use "gay" and variations thereof as a pejorative.

"Brady's such a fag."

And many people will defend the use of that phrase by the merit that it's all in good fun. But I bet they wouldn't defend "Brady's such a nig." Call it dissimilar if you want, but the commonly held belief by bigots was that black athletes were physically, mentally and emotionally inferior to white athletes.

Real quick like. Ones a human race, most likely the original human race. The other is a genetic defective incapable of reproduction. But you place them together.

"Brady's such a fag."

First of all why is everyone making this into a gay/straight thing? Do you think if some straight dude stole his underwear he wouldn't beat the crap out of that guy too?

And you should stop posting in this thread because the thread title accidentally gave away a trade secret to which you are privy and you might slip up. Zip your lip or Ennifer gets your new digits.

Real quick like. Ones a human race, most likely the original human race. The other is a genetic defective incapable of reproduction. But you place them together.

Gay is not genetic. There are cases of identical twins where one is straight and the other gay. And it clearly doesn't make someone incapable of reproduction. Lots of gay people have children.

And it's not a defect. Being gay does not impair a person's physical or mental abilities in any way.

Edited by gringo starr

"Brady's such a fag."

And many people will defend the use of that phrase by the merit that it's all in good fun. But I bet they wouldn't defend "Brady's such a nig." Call it dissimilar if you want, but the commonly held belief by bigots was that black athletes were physically, mentally and emotionally inferior to white athletes

I just made a comment in another thread that "petitions are super gay." I didn't mean that they prefer same-sex relationships. I just felt that gay describes online petitions perfectly. It's almost a homonym at this point. Gay used to mean happy. Now it has several meanings.

South Park had a great episode about this topic and, as usual, they nailed it. And I don't mean that they drove nails into it or had sex with it.

Gay is not genetic. There are cases of identical twins where one is straight and the other gay. And it clearly doesn't make someone incapable of reproduction. Lots of gay people have children.

And it's not a defect. Being gay does not impair a person's physical or mental abilities in any way.

The old nature vs. nurture debate. My guess is that it's a little bit of both.

I just made a comment in another thread that "petitions are super gay." I didn't mean that they prefer same-sex relationships. I just felt that gay describes online petitions perfectly. It's almost a homonym at this point. Gay used to mean happy. Now it has several meanings.

South Park had a great episode about this topic and, as usual, they nailed it. And I don't mean that they drove nails into it or had sex with it.

The old nature vs. nurture debate. My guess is that it's a little bit of both.

The important thing that I want to point out is that it's absolutely not a defect.

Right, but the etymology of this particular homonym is rather clear. Being gay = undesirable, so we'll describe dumb things as gay.

If the metaphor suddenly and inexplicably became "____________ is so Norwegian", people would start wondering what's so bad about being Norwegian. They wouldn't just be content that Norwegian had taken on a new meaning.

Edited by SageAgainstTheMachine

http://www.sfgate.co...use-4230112.php

Tons of marketing deals for being gay? Treated like a hero? Which advertisers do you think would flock to such a person?

Pats fans were mocking Torrey Smith over his dead brother!

i hate the political correct movement as much as the next guy, but if a word/phrase makes even one person feel like less of a person, i will always choose to try and stop using that word/phrase.

Right, but the etymology of this particular homonym is rather clear. Being gay = undesirable, so we'll describe dumb things as gay.

If the metaphor suddenly and inexplicably became "____________ is so Norwegian", people would start wondering what's so bad about being Norwegian. They wouldn't just be content that Norwegian had taken on a new meaning.

speaking of which...it is being 'reported' on imdb that jane kazmerick(sp) will be making an appearance in ep 11 & 12 this season.....can anyone say 'Newhart'?????

Quit picking old scabs. She goes in a vat of acid this season.

It's not that they can't reproduce, but their choice does impair the likelihood or reproduction so in a biological sense it could be viewed as a defect. But perpetuation of the species doesn't appear to be much of an issue these days so I agree that factor doesn't justify treatment of homosexuals as any less 'human' or deserving of any special negative(or positive) treatment.

So you really believe it's a choice thing?

But other traits also differ in identical twins. For instance some have different colored hair. Does that mean hair color is not genetic?

But other traits also differ in identical twins. For instance some have different colored hair. Does that mean hair color is not genetic?

Seriously?

No, it's just that scientists agree that there isn't a gay gene. The causes are still somewhat of a mystery--it seems to still be biological, just not genetic. Not that it really matters. The important point is that it should not be viewed as a defect.