Buffalo News online subscription

diver

It's so easy to circumvent the 10 story limit it's almost silly to even bring it up. Clear your cache, surf in "private browsing" mode -- the choices are endless.

How do you get to "private browsing mode"?

Don't even have to clear cache. Go to TBD. Copy the title of the article you want to read. In separate window, paste article title into google. Article comes up. Click on it and read it. It does not count against your 10 views because you found it through google. While I have no issues with papers offering content behind paywalls, to leave such a silly backdoor means that I will never pay for it.

Yes the current design of the pay news sites are only designed to catch those who have no concept of using software or other mechanisms to get around their gates. Many times they have just reposted articles available free elsewhere (i.e. AP articles) so charging readers toward their 'free articles' is silly. When this mechanism is finally recognized as failure (i.e. "Dummy's guide to getting around news site paygates" is printed) they will finally admit their model does not work and go to anther outdated model.