Django Unchained

PaattMaann

Holy smokes!! What a movie

Tarantino hit a home run on this one.

I gotta give it up to dicaprio and Samuel l Jackson as they absolutely crushed it IMO.

Best movie in years IMO. Tons of fun.

The D is silent !

Fun???? Him hanging upside down wasn't for me!

Holy smokes!! What a movie

Tarantino hit a home run on this one.

I gotta give it up to dicaprio and Samuel l Jackson as they absolutely crushed it IMO.

Best movie in years IMO. Tons of fun.

The D is silent !

I couldn't agree more! When Dicaprio demanded they shake hands I knew a Tarantino blood bath was about to happen and I was not disappointed! I also saw that there was a half hour left and wow. Just a great movie. This and Inglorious Basterds were very well done and I enjoyed upthread the mention of the Tarantino Universe where all of these things happen in the same realm. Just a nice touch.

The best part of the movie is where Leo cuts his hand during his dinner speech. Word is it was a real cut, not scripted, and he just went with it -- and even used it in the scene by wiping it on Kerry Washington's face. No one cut, no one broke, and when the scene was over everyone was stunned at Leo's chops.

Went back and watched it again just to see that.

Fun???? Him hanging upside down wasn't for me!

Funny, that's when some other people walked out of the theater when I saw it. Weird to me that no one left during the blood bath/shoot out but once a dude shows his balls that's too much for someone to see.

• 5 weeks later...

Unfortunately the movie was fatally compromised by django and the exceptionally smart bounty hunter absurdly calculating it would be easier to pull off the Mandingo purchase charade versus just offering an above market price for django's wife.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

Unfortunately the movie was fatally compromised by django and the exceptionally smart bounty hunter absurdly calculating it would be easier to pull off the Mandingo purchase charade versus just offering an above market price for django's wife.

This confused me too. Ultimately, their original plan fails because the house slave realizes that Django recognized Broomhilda and vice versa. Why doesn't Schultz just have Django wait in the car (so to speak) while he purchases Broomhilda?

This confused me too. Ultimately, their original plan fails because the house slave realizes that Django recognized Broomhilda and vice versa. Why doesn't Schultz just have Django wait in the car (so to speak) while he purchases Broomhilda?

The other major flaw was thinking they'd let django back out to work in the field after he'd killed the master and all the those other men on the plantation, especially since his love interest was still in the house.