i beg to differ, i think we're more like 3.14159265 players away

195749[/snapback]

Pffffffffttttttt  3.14159265358979323846

195753[/snapback]

3.1415926535897932384626433  :w00t:

195756[/snapback]

195776[/snapback]

196295[/snapback]

Poor guy's trying to make a point, and you knuckleheads turn it into a pi fight! :lol:

i think the important thing is we don't need alot of KEY positions upgraded.......

how tough is it to find a #3 WR? a decent guard? secondary depth? run stopping DE? all of those things can be found in the draft or cheaply in free agency.......

and forgot about the QB position......we won't be doing anything in that area, and with this style of offense i don't see why we would......

195726[/snapback]

aiken starting making plays towards the end of the season. there's your #3 wideout. and he's young and cheap.

From the Olean Times, some stark reality .

The Bills’ nine wins came against teams with a 55-89 record (.382 pct.) and only two clubs, the Jets (10-6) and Seahawks (9-7), that finished with winning records.

By contrast, their seven losses were to teams with a combined mark of 76-36 (.679 pct.), the only one with a losing season in that group being Oakland (5-11).

In short, Buffalo was 7-1 against non-winning clubs and 2-6 against teams over .500.

Thus, the question.

Are the Bills on the cusp of joining the NFL’s elite, or are they merely at the top of the middle class?

That winning streak came against below average to bad teams. 9-7 may be as good as this team actaully is. Bills obviously can't beat the Steelers or Pats. Where do the Bills need to get stronger or receive better production ?

1. 2-3 OL positions

2. TE

3. #3 WR

4. QB

5. DE - Must improve against the run

6. Secondary depth

Playcalling plays a part but often the positions mentioned above failed to play up to expectations. So can the present players improve or do the Bills actually need to make changes several positions to compete with the " A " teams ? Some have suggested we are 1,2 players away. I'm thinking it's much more than that or some of the present cast needs to elevate their games considerably.

Bills are indeed moving in the right direction but lets not kid ourselves. We need more upgrading than people think. Good teams push us around.

TD has some work to do.

195711[/snapback]

I agree that #1, 2 and 3 are the top priorities. Not sure we need to go DE route but wouldnt mind getting some FA help at QB and DE and draft secondary help safety first

They're about seven players and a uniform switch to the 1973 vintage threads away....

Best Bills uni ever

195744[/snapback]

Agree on the uni but like the charging buffalo on white helmet best. I dont mind current colors but want to see white jersey with blue panst always or blue jersey and white pants. The all navy or all white looks bad in my opinion!!!

From the Olean Times, some stark reality .

The Bills’ nine wins came against teams with a 55-89 record (.382 pct.) and only two clubs, the Jets (10-6) and Seahawks (9-7), that finished with winning records.

By contrast, their seven losses were to teams with a combined mark of 76-36 (.679 pct.), the only one with a losing season in that group being Oakland (5-11).

In short, Buffalo was 7-1 against non-winning clubs and 2-6 against teams over .500.

Thus, the question.

Are the Bills on the cusp of joining the NFL’s elite, or are they merely at the top of the middle class?

That winning streak came against below average to bad teams. 9-7 may be as good as this team actaully is. Bills obviously can't beat the Steelers or Pats. Where do the Bills need to get stronger or receive better production ?

1. 2-3 OL positions

2. TE

3. #3 WR

4. QB

5. DE - Must improve against the run

6. Secondary depth

Playcalling plays a part but often the positions mentioned above failed to play up to expectations. So can the present players improve or do the Bills actually need to make changes several positions to compete with the " A " teams ? Some have suggested we are 1,2 players away. I'm thinking it's much more than that or some of the present cast needs to elevate their games considerably.

Bills are indeed moving in the right direction but lets not kid ourselves. We need more upgrading than people think. Good teams push us around.

TD has some work to do.

195711[/snapback]

We definately need some of htis stuff, maybe an O-lineman(2 if JJ goes), #3, still kinda up in the air. We all know the obivous. but, here is where i disagree, we need no help at DE because our run stuffing was excellent this year(only 6 rushing Tds given up all year i believe is a record).

I will now use this space to discuss how much I love our defense: THe D, gotta love it, they're the best. Now discuss.

Four times the sum over n from 0 to infinity of -1 to the nth power over 2n+1. 

Beat that for accuracy, you nerd-wanna-be's.

196390[/snapback]

you want nerd boy!

tonite is ghosthunters marathon on sci-fi and i'll be watching!

you want nerd boy! you can't handle the nerd!

Our pass rush still needs improvement.

196401[/snapback]

From the front 4. Agreed. Bills can't blitz the Safety and LB most every play. That leaves someone uncovered and wide open. Remember all the 3rd and long conversions against the D ? McGee could have used some Safety help in his "rookie" year as a starter. He was schooled more than he deserved. The kid is talented but many times, that wasn't fair to him. .

Lessee - they've tried Brown, Reed, Shaw, Pucillo, Sobieski, Wire, Reese, Ritzmann, Denney and so forth.

Seems to be hard enough so far... :blink:

195755[/snapback]

If you think about Reed, he blew the opportunity on his own. He was a fantastic #3 in his first year, but once he got promoted to #2, his psyche was shot I think. I don't think he recovered this year at all, and I dont think he will recover.

as far as kickers, there are maybe 5 elite kickers in the league with probably everyone else in the same class of being average. Lindell is average, we're not gonna find some great elite kicker out there unless TD pulls something out of his ass like he did with Moorman and get a guy from the arena league or NFL Europe, but I dont see it happening.

other than those positions, I think wer just need depth all around. the Bills only allowed 3 100 yard rushers the whole year and had the lowest yards per play in the league. i would just like to see some depth at the guard and tackle positions and yea maybe some DB depth, buts that all we're gonna get.

same qb, same DE, probably same kicker

How utterly ironic that a fan suggests that the Buffalo Bills should have "drafted" Gary Anderson! THEY DID!! In the 1983 draft, the Bills selected Anderson out of Syracuse University. Imagine ALL those years with a steady kicker instead of all the change-over that occurs for a lot of teams!

An upgrade at Center & Left Guard are big issues. I do not think Tight End is that high of a priority, unless of course Campbell & Euhus are that badly damaged, but if they both come back, we'll be fine. We need a Tight End who gets the job done, not neccessarily a Tony Gonzalez or Patrick Hape, or Alge Crumpler.