OT: Corporate Stojans

mcjeff215

There's this director type of another department that is the stereotypical corporate weasel. Will ask questions and nod and understand, but then call you out in front of your boss. Will ask for suggestions, disagree, and then bring them up as alternatives in meetings that you're in.

I'm of the same level as this guy, calling him out is an option, but probably not the right one. He's a complete slime ball.

Comments? Thoughts?

-Jeff

There's this director type of another department that is the stereotypical corporate weasel.  Will ask questions and nod and understand, but then call you out in front of your boss.  Will ask for suggestions, disagree, and then bring them up as alternatives in meetings that you're in.

I'm of the same level as this guy, calling him out is an option, but probably not the right one. He's a complete slime ball.

Comments? Thoughts?

-Jeff

195560[/snapback]

If your boss has any skills he'll pick up on the slime ball game and eventually the problem will solve itself. Lay low and the truth will set you free. :D

If your boss has any skills he'll pick up on the slime ball game and eventually the problem will solve itself.  Lay low and the truth will set you free. :D

195566[/snapback]

My boss is three months new, so this guy is busy getting his knees dirty. I'm hoping he'll see this guy as an arse kisser.

Wow, so the guy steals your ideas? What the F? So, the next time he comes in to talk in a one-on-one setting ask him if you share with him whether or not he is going to steal them and use them as his own. That's what I would do. Calling him out in front of the group could end up bad for you but if you do it one-on-one the only relationship that could potentially get ruined is the one between you two.

You need to stick it to the Man without any fingers pointing back to you.

Here's an awesome book to get you started:

"Sabotage in the American Workplace: Anecdotes of Dissatisfaction, Mischief and Revenge" by Martin Sprouse Amazon Link

The hardest part about workplace revenge is not taking any credit for it. Get the job done and keep your mouth shut. Only you will know why you are smiling on the inside, and only you will know why you are giggling in the bathroom stall. Good luck my man. You have started down a fun path. I envy you.

My company has been laying folks off for two years.  These type of scum suckers were the first ones kicked to the curb.  I hate to say it, but it almost made me put a little faith in managemant.  I repeat... almost.

195582[/snapback]

This ass has been here for seven years, one month less than I have. He's beat out a lot of good people. Employees and peers have left, quoting him as their reason when talking to their friends.

He doesn't blatantly steal ideas. He won't stand up and say, "I had this great idea..." He'll jump at the chance to say stuff like, "another alternative would be...", or "perhaps we ought to look at."

He won't give credit, and if I say something like, "yeah I thought of that too", I look like I don't have the ambition to bring it up - but he does - so he saved they day. It doesn't take long for new management to make him their "go to guy" because he's the one with all of the good ideas/thoughts/suggestions.

We're all sure he's got this down to a science and does it on purpose. He's just a WORM.

Feed him some ideas during your one-on-one's that you know will be thought of as stupid by others in your group meetings.  Then when he gets shot down, act like you don't know where he came up with them.

195607[/snapback]

Lol...if he's been doing it this long I'm sure he weeds out the stupid ones. A master thief knows his trade well.

This ass has been here for seven years, one month less than I have.  He's beat out a lot of good people.  Employees and peers have left, quoting him as their reason when talking to their friends.

He doesn't blatantly steal ideas.  He won't stand up and say, "I had this great idea..."  He'll jump at the chance to say stuff like, "another alternative would be...", or "perhaps we ought to look at."

He won't give credit, and if I say something like, "yeah I thought of that too", I look like I don't have the ambition to bring it up - but he does - so he saved they day.  It doesn't take long for new management to make him their "go to guy" because he's the one with all of the good ideas/thoughts/suggestions.

We're all sure he's got this down to a science and does it on purpose.  He's just a WORM.

195603[/snapback]

We have a guy here who does the same sh_it. The guy doesn't doa lick of work, calls on everyone in my group to help him with stuff he's assigned to do, then somehow he's mentioned as being "hard at work" on numerous projects.

My solution? I quit helping him. Let him fail on his own. besides I have my own work to do.

If I was you, I'd feed him some off-the wall bull-stevestojan and see hif he uses it.

You need to stick it to the Man without any fingers pointing back to you.

Here's an awesome book to get you started:

"Sabotage in the American Workplace: Anecdotes of Dissatisfaction, Mischief and Revenge" by Martin Sprouse  Amazon Link

The hardest part about workplace revenge is not taking any credit for it.  Get the job done and keep your mouth shut.  Only you will know why you are smiling on the inside, and only you will know why you are giggling in the bathroom stall.  Good luck my man.  You have started down a fun path.  I envy you.

195602[/snapback]

:D

You can also do some research here.

There's this director type of another department that is the stereotypical corporate weasel.  Will ask questions and nod and understand, but then call you out in front of your boss.  Will ask for suggestions, disagree, and then bring them up as alternatives in meetings that you're in.

Comments? Thoughts?

-Jeff

195560[/snapback]

When he asks a question, look at him and say, "Why do you ask?". If he's fishing he will have a reaction, maybe something as little as a head movement as he switches to the defensive and rapidly tries to cook up a reason he thinks is plausible.

Then give him a dodge, something like "Hmmm, only know a bit about that", or "Yeah, we've done some things on that, but it's incomplete and needs to be checked, so I'm not going to say anything about it just yet".

Give him NOTHING.

This ass has been here for seven years, one month less than I have.  He's beat out a lot of good people.  Employees and peers have left, quoting him as their reason when talking to their friends.

He doesn't blatantly steal ideas.  He won't stand up and say, "I had this great idea..."  He'll jump at the chance to say stuff like, "another alternative would be...", or "perhaps we ought to look at."

He won't give credit, and if I say something like, "yeah I thought of that too", I look like I don't have the ambition to bring it up - but he does - so he saved they day.  It doesn't take long for new management to make him their "go to guy" because he's the one with all of the good ideas/thoughts/suggestions.

We're all sure he's got this down to a science and does it on purpose.  He's just a WORM.

195603[/snapback]

Granted, he's an a$$, but your real problem is your management. You're in a tough bind my friend, is your resume up to date?