OT: Corporate Stojans

mcjeff215

Yes. Communitcate lots via e-mail. Save them. All of them. Print them out.

It happened to me before, and I stayed above it all - not playing her game - then when the perfect opportunity presented itself all I had to do was be honest and truthful and she looked bad. She ended up being asked to resign.

Finally, I've decided to work for small companies only. Screw the giants.

There's this director type of another department that is the stereotypical corporate weasel.  Will ask questions and nod and understand, but then call you out in front of your boss.  Will ask for suggestions, disagree, and then bring them up as alternatives in meetings that you're in.

I'm of the same level as this guy, calling him out is an option, but probably not the right one. He's a complete slime ball.

Comments? Thoughts?

-Jeff

195560[/snapback]

Only you will know why you are smiling on the inside, and only you will know why you are giggling in the bathroom stall.

195602[/snapback]

And everyone else will think you're a pervert....

We have a guy here who does the same sh_it. The guy doesn't doa  lick of work, calls on everyone in my group to help him with stuff he's assigned to do, then somehow he's mentioned as being "hard at work" on numerous projects.

My solution? I quit helping him. Let him fail on his own. besides I have my own work to do.

If I was you, I'd feed him some off-the wall bull-stevestojan and see hif he uses it.

195622[/snapback]

Mis-information is the route I always try first also.

There's this director type of another department that is the stereotypical corporate weasel.  Will ask questions and nod and understand, but then call you out in front of your boss.  Will ask for suggestions, disagree, and then bring them up as alternatives in meetings that you're in.

I'm of the same level as this guy, calling him out is an option, but probably not the right one. He's a complete slime ball.

Comments? Thoughts?

-Jeff

195560[/snapback]

Wrong forum....Ask Sue, she'll point you in the right direction:

http://www.careerknowhow.com/ask_sue/

:D:D

This ass has been here for seven years, one month less than I have.  He's beat out a lot of good people.  Employees and peers have left, quoting him as their reason when talking to their friends.

He doesn't blatantly steal ideas.  He won't stand up and say, "I had this great idea..."  He'll jump at the chance to say stuff like, "another alternative would be...", or "perhaps we ought to look at."

He won't give credit, and if I say something like, "yeah I thought of that too", I look like I don't have the ambition to bring it up - but he does - so he saved they day.  It doesn't take long for new management to make him their "go to guy" because he's the one with all of the good ideas/thoughts/suggestions.

We're all sure he's got this down to a science and does it on purpose.  He's just a WORM.

195603[/snapback]

Maybe I am missing something but if you are at a meeting with him and he suggests something that was your idea, why didn't you suggest it first? I have worked with a lot of bright people who were either too shy or too insecure to speak up with a suggestion at a meeting. Others take advantage of the opportunity to suggest a good idea (that may very well not be their own) and the messenger is rewarded. It may not be fair, but you need to take the risk of offering the idea yourself and not allow him to fill the void.

This ass has been here for seven years, one month less than I have.  He's beat out a lot of good people.  Employees and peers have left, quoting him as their reason when talking to their friends.

He doesn't blatantly steal ideas.  He won't stand up and say, "I had this great idea..."  He'll jump at the chance to say stuff like, "another alternative would be...", or "perhaps we ought to look at."

He won't give credit, and if I say something like, "yeah I thought of that too", I look like I don't have the ambition to bring it up - but he does - so he saved they day.  It doesn't take long for new management to make him their "go to guy" because he's the one with all of the good ideas/thoughts/suggestions.

We're all sure he's got this down to a science and does it on purpose.  He's just a WORM.

195603[/snapback]

hows about you assert yourself a bit and present your ideas before this other hump opens his piehole?

Maybe I am missing something but if you are at a meeting with him and he suggests something that was your idea, why didn't you suggest it first?  I have worked with a lot of bright people who were either too shy or too insecure to speak up with a suggestion at a meeting.  Others take advantage of the opportunity to suggest a good idea (that may very well not be their own) and the messenger is rewarded.  It may not be fair, but you need to take the risk of offering the idea yourself and not allow him to fill the void.

195816[/snapback]

yeah....what he said. (sorry...i hadn't gotten to this post before i posted mine above.)

Maybe I am missing something but if you are at a meeting with him and he suggests something that was your idea, why didn't you suggest it first?  I have worked with a lot of bright people who were either too shy or too insecure to speak up with a suggestion at a meeting.  Others take advantage of the opportunity to suggest a good idea (that may very well not be their own) and the messenger is rewarded.  It may not be fair, but you need to take the risk of offering the idea yourself and not allow him to fill the void.

195816[/snapback]

I've no problem with speaking up at all. This was another topic of conversation that we had... is he just "good?" I know everyone I work with quite well and really don't have a reason to be insecure.

But you're right, though. It probably just comes down to the fact that I'm not aggressive enough. Whereas I view a meeting as a forum for everyone to put forth their ideas and their thoughts, he views it as a forum to get one step ahead of "the competition." Perhaps a bit more care on my part as to now allow him the opportunity to chime in prior to finishing what I've got to say.

-Jeff

I've no problem with speaking up at all.  This was another topic of conversation that we had... is he just "good?" I know everyone I work with quite well and really don't have a reason to be insecure.

But you're right, though.  It probably just comes down to the fact that I'm not aggressive enough.  Whereas I view a meeting as a forum for everyone to put forth their ideas and their thoughts, he views it as a forum to get one step ahead of "the competition."  Perhaps a bit more care on my part as to now allow him the opportunity to chime in prior to finishing what I've got to say.

-Jeff

195848[/snapback]

All management cares about are "good ideas" and whoever gives them one is the lucky winner in terms of getting credit. No one said that it was going to be fair. Good luck.

Comments? Thoughts?

-Jeff

195560[/snapback]

Easy. Quit this job and become a consultant in your field of expertise. You'll make twice the money, people will assume you know everything, and you actually don't have to DO anything. It's all the craze!