Hearing about this Rams/Seahags

Its bothering the living stevestojan out of me....I cannot even bring myself to think about this game as a "playoff" matchup given the fact the Bills completely destroyed both teams...and Mike Fartz is in the playoffs...sometimes life just isnt fair!!!

Who cares who wins? They both stink.

Im not watching a SECOND of their regular season game posing as a playoff matchup.

No doubt. They need to elimainate the last two seeds in the playoffs. Seriously should the Jets and Broncos be there either???? What about the Vikings losers of 7 out of 10?

The only game I'm "planning" on watching is the Colts/Broncs game simply b/c I like watching Manning.

I don't see why they don't do four teams from each conference and give them a week off between the end of the season and the start of the playoffs rather than a week off before the SB.

I'd be much more intrigued to watch Pats/Indy, Steelers/SD, Philly/Sea, Atlanta/GB.

Im not watching a SECOND of their regular season game posing as a playoff matchup.

195493[/snapback]

If you love football and not just the Bills, somewhere around April 22nd, you're going to regret this decision. There's never enough football to be played, regardless of who is playing.

If you love football and not just the Bills, somewhere around April 22nd, you're going to regret this decision. There's never enough football to be played, regardless of who is playing.

195513[/snapback]

Oh I agree that we have to savor the moments we have to watch football...but of all the games this weekend...this is the one I will tune out...just hard for me to fathom both of those teams are playing, Buffalo embarassed both of them and the Bills are home. Just too annoying.

Oh I agree that we have to savor the moments we have to watch football...but of all the games this weekend...this is the one I will tune out...just hard for me to fathom both of those teams are playing, Buffalo embarassed both of them and the Bills are home.  Just too annoying.

195517[/snapback]

If you really agreed with me, you'd watch any game on the air, regardless of what it's on or how they got there. Don't misunderstand. It's just a personal thing. Any football is great football and if I can watch it, I will. Sure we beat the hell out of them both. All the more reason to watch them trip over themselves and say "Man, we may not be a great team but at least we're not the Hags and the Rams."

Its bothering the living stevestojan out of me....I cannot even bring myself to think about this game as a "playoff" matchup given the fact the Bills completely destroyed both teams...and Mike Fartz is in the playoffs...sometimes life just isnt fair!!!

Who cares who wins?  They both stink.

195493[/snapback]

You can blame the missed 28 yd field goal for that.

Are you kidding me? Take what you can get? No thanks. I watched two series of a Bears/Cowboys game on Thanksgiving that just about made me vomit.

195542[/snapback]

Same here. And it was as opposed to sitting in the living room listen to my sister-in-law talk about her kids...which also makes me vomit.

No doubt. They need to elimainate the last two seeds in the playoffs. Seriously should the Jets and Broncos be there either???? What about the Vikings losers of 7 out of 10?

The only game I'm "planning" on watching is the Colts/Broncs game simply b/c I like watching Manning.

I don't see why they don't do four teams from each conference and give them a week off between the end of the season and the start of the playoffs rather than a week off before the SB.

I'd be much more intrigued to watch Pats/Indy, Steelers/SD, Philly/Sea, Atlanta/GB.

195503[/snapback]

First off, the wildcard games rake in a ton of extra cash.

Also, if it hadn't been for the wildcards, the last few weeks would have been pretty boring and not just for Bills fans. Most of the division titles were won very early. The only interesting games in the last 2 weeks would have been the SD/Indy game and I guess the Cards/Seahawks.

It is actually harder to make the playoffs now than in the 80's. 12 of 28 used to make it. Its still 12 that make it, but, there are 32 trying.

Personally, I think the dilusion of talent caused by adding the 4 teams coupled with the Salary Cap changed the game to the point where the calls the officials make become the decisive factor in the game outcome. I believe Shula got those calls in the seventies, but the Steelers could overcome that. New England gets those calls now, and they made two Superbowls by suspect officiating.

From the Jets in the late 90's that cost us a division title, to "Just give it to them", to Home Run Throwup, to the play that put the Pats in the playoffs on their first SB run, to trash calls like TH's non-TD in the Oakland game, I am starting to wonder if the NFL is the NFL or the WWF...

I'm with you LA. I'd watch Niners vs. Browns with a smile on my face if it came on my TV Saturday evening. I'm in way deep and there's no turning back for me. 

Kind of like comparing it to s_x. Would you rather have inferior s_x? Or none at all?

What is there, a measley 11 NFL playoff games in total? That's why the NFL is great. Every game means the world. Yes, the Rams & Hags are doo doo.....but that's the way it unfolded this year. I hate when people have knee jerk reactions like "we need to revamp the whole playoff system so the Bills can get in". Hey, life is not fair. We played in the tougher conference this year so deal with it. There have been many years when the NFC was the tougher conference. It's all cyclical. I would not change a thing.

What is there, a measley 11 NFL playoff games in total?  That's why the NFL is great.  Every game means the world.  Yes, the Rams & Hags are doo doo.....but that's the way it unfolded this year.  I hate when people have knee jerk reactions like "we need to revamp the whole playoff system so the Bills can get in".  Hey, life is not fair.  We played in the tougher conference this year so deal with it.  There have been many years when the NFC was the tougher conference.  It's all cyclical.  I would not change a thing.

195918[/snapback]

Im not calling for a change in the system at all, Im just saying I cannot view this matcup as a playoff game..I cannot get past the fact we embarassed both teams and Matrz is a complete bafoon and the Hawks are paper tigers. Its just annoying thats all.

Im not calling for a change in the system at all, Im just saying I cannot view this matcup as a playoff game..I cannot get past the fact we embarassed both teams and Matrz is a complete bafoon and the Hawks are paper tigers.  Its just annoying thats all.

196069[/snapback]

I hear ya, but we beat the Pats 31-0 last year and they were looked at like God's team. It's just the way the NFL is now. You get schooled one week and you're in the playoffs the next.