• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Please tell me what I missed. Thanks.

jb

Brady threw his leg up on a qb slide

how many penalties against the Pats* so far? One, I think?

How many since the 1Q?

I know it's 25 yards total- 2 flags I think

Edited by NoSaint

Please tell me what I missed. Thanks.

jb

Brady put his leg up on a slide Spikes first & Kicked Ed Reed, Ty Cobb would slide into the plates one leg up & kick the player trying to tag him but Cobb had Metal spikes

Thanks fellas for the kick info. I missed that one somehow.

What we are seeing today is some good competitive NFL football. Two damn good games....so far.

What I'm depressed about is just how far our team is from this level of play. Man, we have a long ways to go to be a competitive playoff football team.

Ouch. That hurt.

jb

That unnecessary roughness on #24 for Ravens on Welker was absurd...Mayo took a major shot to Pita's chin and no call?? I will continue to believe the Pats have inside track with refs.

And the Brady slide is cherry on top

My mother said to never use the word "hate"...instead use "dislike"....but HATE is the only way to describe my feeling toward the Pats...what a quandary.

Never said that, but it does show someone who is not afraid to get involved in what most would view as conflicts of interest so long as it does indeed advance his interests.

That said, who do you think the network covering the SB would want in the Big Game, Baltimore or New England*?

So you think Baltimore is a backwater rural area with a tiny population and it would kill SB rateings if the Ravens got in?

Christ this place is a fruit farm. If NE wins it's because the president of CBS is in Kraft's box. If they lose it's because they can't cheat.

To many whiny baby's here.

That unnecessary roughness on #24 for Ravens on Welker was absurd...Mayo took a major shot to Pita's chin and no call?? I will continue to believe the Pats have inside track with refs.

And the Brady slide is cherry on top

My mother said to never use the word "hate"...instead use "dislike"....but HATE is the only way to describe my feeling toward the Pats...what a quandary.

Brady slide.... Is it actually a penalty in any way? I've seen some calling for a flag but I've never seen it called before.

Phil Simms is a smart guy, and sometimes a good analyst. But he is so annoying doing Patriots games. Like the last play, he was talking about how great the Patriots were, and then in the middle of his ballwashing, he saw that they were holding on the play, and instead of getting a first down it was going back 10 yards, and then he just kept on saying what a great play the Patriots just made when it lost them 10 yards.

So you think Baltimore is a backwater rural area with a tiny population and it would kill SB rateings if the Ravens got in?

Christ this place is a fruit farm. If NE wins it's because the president of CBS is in Kraft's box. If they lose it's because they can't cheat.

Whining about the Pats is a way of life for me....whether my feelings on it are well founded or not (on this issue at least) it feels good.

Don't forget that the ravens were considered awful by many here not even a full month ago, and half wouldn't consider flacco even a serviceable qb - which makes them beating the patriots, the nfl, CBS, and the refs all the more bizarre.

Brady slide.... Is it actually a penalty in any way? I've seen some calling for a flag but I've never seen it called before.

Can't we cite the ref who called a penalty for "giving him the business" as precedent. In this case the call could be "attempt to injure his business"

If I'm bellichick i don't have good feelings about how this is transpiring. Their offense is a little off, and theyre playing a team with a good and aggressove D, balanced offense with a QB throws a nice deep ball. This summarizes their 2 super bowl losses.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

If I'm bellichick i don't have good feelings about how this is transpiring. Their offense is a little off, and theyre playing a team with a good and aggressove D, balanced offense with a QB throws a nice deep ball. This summarizes their 2 super bowl losses.

They're a soft, finesse team. I don't think that they like playing tough football teams.