Deadspin: Manti Te’o’s Dead Girlfriend Is A Hoax

Punch

Manti's story doesn't make sense. If it aint makin sense there's a high probability what he's sayin aint true.

First he met her, then didn't, but he's in love with her. But all his friends met her and she looks polynesian but the photo of her on TV certainly doesn't look polynesian. So, why is there no mention of him attending the funeral of his Grandmother or girlfriend?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Manti's story doesn't make sense. If it aint makin sense there's a high probability what he's sayin aint true.

First he met her, then didn't, but he's in love with her. But all his friends met her and she looks polynesian but the photo of her on TV certainly doesn't look polynesian. So, why is there no mention of him attending the funeral of his Grandmother or girlfriend?

I bet he faked his grandmother too. Just wasn't so public as no one would believe she had a twitter.

I'm not surprised that a teammate that knew hed only met her once possibly would be skeptical about the emotions but I also wouldn't be shocked to find out that the emotions could be real for him...

I wouldn't be surprised if he did get duped but basically figured the whole thing out shortly thereafter when he couldn't follow up, no obituary, grave, etc. At that point he was too embarrassed so tried to swallow it.

So what of the statements on meeting her at Stanford and the trips to Hawaii?

If you put the dots together with the notre dame statements.... He had an online gf and lied about how they met, and after a few years might've made up a story about spending time with her?

Both would make a lot of sense when compared to other hoaxes like this.

That of course assuming the ND statements are accurate....

http://www.thebiglead.com/index.php/2013/01/16/lennay-kekua-manti-teos-fake-dead-girlfriend-was-real-says-arizona-cardinals-fullback-reagan-mauia-who-claims-to-have-met-her/

This one throws me in a loop, if somebody met her, did she not exist? This is some bizarre crap, usually you have a gold-digger that would try to marry football player to get rich, not "fake" death to !@#$ with football player.

http://www.thebiglead.com/index.php/2013/01/16/lennay-kekua-manti-teos-fake-dead-girlfriend-was-real-says-arizona-cardinals-fullback-reagan-mauia-who-claims-to-have-met-her/

This one throws me in a loop, if somebody met her, did she not exist? This is some bizarre crap, usually you have a gold-digger that would try to marry football player to get rich, not "fake" death to !@#$ with football player.

“She was tall,” he said. “Volleyball-type of physique. She was athletic, tall, beautiful. Long hair. Polynesian. She looked like a model … ”

Wow who ever she was, she sounded hot!

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

Manti never had a grandmother. "Dr. Trooth" is on to something.

Aint saying his grandma didn't die... Just sayin there's no mention of him attending funeral. And if he's in love with some chick, and the chick dies hours before a game, aint you takin a plane to somewher brsides south bend after the game? perhaps to a funeral or two?

I wouldn't be surprised if he did get duped but basically figured the whole thing out shortly thereafter when he couldn't follow up, no obituary, grave, etc. At that point he was too embarrassed so tried to swallow it.

Amateur psychologist hat going on my head for this next one...

If duped - the typical reason for the death would likely be that he was pushing hard for a meeting. This would match the family saying they expected to meet her at an October game. "Sorry, cant make the scheduled trip in a couple weeks, im dead."

I'd bet he had a lot of "family" reaching out afterwards which likely eased some of his initial suspicions.... No dount he had some after 3 Years. By the time he made the USC trip and likely wanted to meet up with her family in california - I'd guess things were nearly full on blown and that's why a week later he got a call coming clean

According to the Deadspin article and other outlets, this is "Lennay's" twitter account.

It is reportedly being manned by "Lennay's' mother.

This was tweeted 25 minutes ago:

L K@LennayKay

It isn't fair to drag Reagan and Troy into this.. a lot of truths and myths need to be addressed here, and they will be at noon PST tomorrow

EDIT: This does NOT appear to be the same twitter account.

Edited by Punch

According to the Deadspin article and other outlets, this is "Lennay's" twitter account.

L K@LennayKay

It isn't fair to drag Reagan and Troy into this.. a lot of truths and myths need to be addressed here, and they will be at noon PST tomorrow

EDIT: This does NOT appear to be the same twitter account.

Really? There are teo tweets from sep and Nov

https://mobile.twitter.com/LennayKay/tweets

L K@LennayKay

Manti Te'o@MTeo_5

@LennayKay I miss you!

did this dude seriously tweet his dead girlfriend a month after she "died"?

Really? There are teo tweets from sep and Nov

https://mobile.twitt...ennayKay/tweets

It's possible the twitter handle was changed back to @LennayKay. From the Deadspin article:

Lennay Kekua's Twitter name was @lovalovaloveYOU from 2011 until April 2012, @LennayKay from April until September 2012, and has been @LoveMSMK ever since.