Jets’ cap number scares off GMs

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bills had to go thru salary cap reductions (I think after 1998 season) when they were built for one last run at the Super Bowl. You have to cut good players and fill the gaps with rookies and free agents. It can take time and patience to rebound. The Jets will not be a better team next season andI shed no tears. Ryan and the boys will be the door mats of the AFC East and I don't mind that one bit.

Bills had to go thru salary cap reductions (I think after 1998 season) when they were built for one last run at the Super Bowl. You have to cut good players and fill the gaps with rookies and free agents. It can take time and patience to rebound. The Jets will not be a better team next season andI shed no tears. Ryan and the boys will be the door mats of the AFC East and I don't mind that one bit.

It was after 2000, which is why John Butler was scheming to bolt to SD before the season was over. He knew it would be years before the team would recover, and wanted to play with the shiny new toys in San Diego. Ralph knew this, and fired him.

It was after 2000, which is why John Butler was scheming to bolt to SD before the season was over. He knew it would be years before the team would recover, and wanted to play with the shiny new toys in San Diego. Ralph knew this, and fired him.

Really, the Bills haven't recovered from that yet. "Time and patience" could be a real understatement.

http://profootballta...-position-away/

Cant give the job away. Gotta Love the Jets

My bet is they give Rex Ryan total say over personal and then use him as a scapegoat next year

lmao...ya

on rotoworld

Appearing on FOX NFL Sunday, Jay Glazer said the Jets "can't give the position away" when talking about their general manager vacancy.

"They're calling back candidates who already turned them down," added Glazer. "Their cap situation, personnel, QB and the circus turned a lot of candidates off." One of those candidates could be 49ers director of player personnel Tom Gamble, who was once considered the odds-on-favorite for the job but may have spurned the Jets. ESPN's Adam Schefter mentioned earlier on Sunday that ex-Bears GM Jerry Angelo is a "name to watch."