Who Thinks Drew Bledsoe Will Be A Cowboy This Year

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yesterday I would have said no way. Today I'd say it's better than 50-50 and a legitimate possibility. Why did I change my mind?- Because I read what Moulds said on WGR this morning.

Here's the most important thing he said (posted on another board): "Moulds also told WGR if both Drew Bledsoe and J.P. Losman are back for 2005, he sees a healthy, open competition for the starting job at training camp. He thinks Losman is a smart player with all the attributes to be a good quarterback and its just a matter of how fast Losman progresses. Moulds indicated Losman got better in practices over the course of the season and even 'picked our defense apart a couple of times'."

Now, the idea of getting much for Drew isn't realistic, but if Parcells gave his 3rd pick this year for Henson, maybe we can get a 4th for Drew. Parcells must win now & he doesn't have a QB to do that. Drew's big weakness is his inability to perform without a TE as a pass option. Parcells knows Drew about as well as anyone & he has Witten to aid Drew's game.

Parcells is always in a win-now kind of mode, because he doesn't necessarily plan on working more than one year. So I think he'd be willing to trade a draft pick for a veteran QB, as Joe Gibbs did in Washington. Buffalo would incur a $4 million cap hit for trading Bledsoe before June 1, and a $6.5 million cap hit for keeping him.

What we could do is trade Henry to someone for a draft pick, then package the Henry draft pick and Bledsoe together for a higher draft pick. At the end of the day, we might wind up with Dallas's second round pick, or even our own first round pick.

Now, the idea of getting much for Drew isn't realistic, but if Parcells gave his 3rd pick this year for Henson, maybe we can get a 4th for Drew. 

196400[/snapback]

A 4th for Drew? Now that's funny.

Its funny, if I remember correctly..the QB that Drew Henson was compared to was Drew Bledsoe right??

195122[/snapback]

By who?? Henson has more athletic ability in his pinky than Drew has in his whole Body... I'm not saying Henson will be as good an NFL QB, but his Game is nothing like Bledsoe's...

Parcells is always in a win-now kind of mode, because he doesn't necessarily plan on working more than one year. So I think he'd be willing to trade a draft pick for a veteran QB, as Joe Gibbs did in Washington. Buffalo would incur a $4 million cap hit for trading Bledsoe before June 1, and a $6.5 million cap hit for keeping him.

What we could do is trade Henry to someone for a draft pick, then package the Henry draft pick and Bledsoe together for a higher draft pick. At the end of the day, we might wind up with Dallas's second round pick, or even our own first round pick.

196412[/snapback]

The important thing here is not whether Parcells has a future is now attitude but that for some reason you thin MM has a future is later attitude regarding the Bills. It is beyond me that MM, TD or anyone will want to take on $4.3 million in deadspace for the Bledsoe contract and all they get in return for it is a a draft choice. Even if it was a 1st rounder who contributed as much as JP Losman or WM did in their first years they get nothing in terms of next season for this trade. Even if he hits the ground well like Evans he gives little before the midpoint of the season. This is a bad strategy in terms of marketing the product anyway you cut it and even on the field must assume some great benefit which exceeds the on field benefit Bledsoe co-operated in this team receiving during the winning streak.

At the end of the day trading Bledsoe before June 1 makes no sense because trading him even after June 1st makes little sense for this team. I don't think the Bills should have resigned him even to the relatively cap friendly deal they got, but they did and folks are just going to have to deal with that reality.