OT New Buffalo Sports Radio Starts Tomorrow

BRAWNDO

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess after you stopped watching dumpsters you had free time to develop a sense of humor...

It's what came after the telegraph and two tin cans with string.

PTR

I understand that, and I actually think AM radio is fun. I know you have a special place for radio, mostly because you're a robot...

I do not understand how there is commercial appeal there, but I also do not understand how FM makes money like it does. I have never understood the value of entertainment, though.

I guess after you stopped watching dumpsters you had free time to develop a sense of humor...

I understand that, and I actually think AM radio is fun. I know you have a special place for radio, mostly because you're a robot...

I do not understand how there is commercial appeal there, but I also do not understand how FM makes money like it does. I have never understood the value of entertainment, though.

Oh okay. AM is on life support in most cases. But some folks still listen, especially if there is something compelling like Bills or Sabres talk. But yeah, in 10 years they may shut off all the AM stations and move them to an expanded FM band (there is talk of adding 76 to 88 like there is in Japan.) or to the digital subcarriers of FM stations. (Ever hear WGR say "WKSE HD-2?" That's what that is. Need an HD-capable radio to hear it.)

PTR

New Sports Station those in WNY. The Fan 1270 debuts tomorrow with mostly CBS Sports Programming but Rich "Bull" Gaenzler will be local from 12-3.

http://www.trendingb...rts-talk-station/

An partial alternative for those who do not like WGR.

don't these guys think of ever using FM? AM never works inside the shop, and no I don't have Itunes and such.

Perhaps the return of Brad Riter and Nick Mendola to local radio is in the works?

Brad Riter did write something about this on his Facebook page, but I don't think there was an implication that he's involved.

Then when Rome moves over to the new station - you can go back to listening to GR all day.

Rome is a "clone" he should be dropped from all stations.

I still miss Empire Sports. I want Simon and Brinson back. Sprinkle in some Art Wander and we'll truly be back! :)

This ... 107.7 ahh those were the days and the TV channel too :wub:

This is the link to their Facebook Page, it does not appear their programming has been updated though. Perhaps send them a message this way.

http://www.facebook....?ref=ts&fref=ts

Perhaps the return of Brad Riter and Nick Mendola to local radio is in the works?

Brad did some filling in on wgr and wben last fall. But when Tom Baurle and Sandy Beach had some vacation time in December, they brought in some else. So perhaps Brad and Nick might return to the air waves.

Oh okay. AM is on life support in most cases. But some folks still listen, especially if there is something compelling like Bills or Sabres talk. But yeah, in 10 years they may shut off all the AM stations and move them to an expanded FM band (there is talk of adding 76 to 88 like there is in Japan.) or to the digital subcarriers of FM stations. (Ever hear WGR say "WKSE HD-2?" That's what that is. Need an HD-capable radio to hear it.)

PTR

The whole radio business is strange to me, and I used to think Sirius was going to take over but now I think it might just be podcasts and streaming personal music. Talk might eventually be all that is left. The stations around here are going to talk, christian, or Hispanic as fast as can be.

From the Fybush Report: (www.fybush.com, subscription req.)

WHLD will carry 21 hours a day of CBS Sports Radio’s national lineup, with the remaining three hours being the noon-3 PM slot where the network carries Jim Rome. Rome’s previous Premiere affiliates were given the right of first refusal to continue carrying the show under Cumulus syndication, and in Buffalo that’s Entercom’s WGR (550), which is live and local most of the rest of the day. When WGR goes to Rome at noon, WHLD’s schedule indicates it plans to go live with a noon-3 show hosted by Rich “the Bull” Gaenzler, who’ll then slip across the hall to continue hosting afternoons on Cumulus modern rocker WEDG (103.3).

So Gaenzler is head-to-head with Rome. So much for Sal Capaccio taking that slot live permanently.

PTR