Lovie Smith for D.C. ?

Lovie's ties with Gil Byrd might help us in a negotiation with Jarius Byrd. I say spend the extra $$ it takes to hire Lovie and his defensive coaches, you'll save that money back in the discount Jarius gives the bills so he can play under his dad.

Lovie's ties with Gil Byrd might help us in a negotiation with Jarius Byrd. I say spend the extra $$ it takes to hire Lovie and his defensive coaches, you'll save that money back in the discount Jarius gives the bills so he can play under his dad.

Is that so?

This thread has many a fail in it....

Lovie was the head coach in Chicago for 9 years.

He's gonna make whatever his contract calls for ($3-5 million?) this year whether he coaches or not.

It would be strange to me that he coach this year if he doesn't get another head coaching position.

IMO, the persistent Lovie stuff is ultimately not realistic.

I like the pun, but what exactly is the joke?

I think just a derisive attack of the "tampa 2" defense. Whether you like that defense or not (I personally don't), a great way to belittle it is to call in the "tampon 2."

edit: maybe the reference is better and more humorous if, like me, you appreciate good 7th grader humor.

Edited by JR In Ann Arbor

More realistic than Lovie Smith, Scott Shafer:

http://en.wikipedia....ki/Scott_Shafer

Was DC/AHC under Jim Harbaugh at Stanford. Harbaugh was quoted as saying Snafer is "one of the most creative and innovative defensive minds in college football." Schafer's defense at Stanford 5th in the nation.....37 sacks and 101 TFL in 2007.

This guy likes to bring the heat....I wouldn't be surprised if the Bills gave him a look.