HAHAHA!!!

BillsNYC

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fish have a memory span of no more than 2 seconds. By the time they realize they have been hooked, they don't even know how it happened.

194709[/snapback]

Actually, they disproved that on MythBusters last season...

Actually, they disproved that on MythBusters last season...

194731[/snapback]

If there's something strange in your neighborhood

Who you gonna call? - mythbusters!

If there's something weird and it don't look good

Who you gonna call? - mythbusters!

Let me tell you something

Bustin' makes me feel good

Intelligent, no.  But do they feel pain?  Probably.  Of course, you can't know for sure, but it's not too much of a leap to assume that fish do feel pain.  I mean, they do have nerve endings much the same that we do.  Are you more comfortable in saying that fish do NOT feel pain?  How would YOU know that?  And on which side would you rather err?

This comes from a non-meat-eater who happens to think that PETA is, overall, pretty full of stevestojan.  (But I do find it funny when they throw red paint at models).

194666[/snapback]

I think you missed the point of "anthropomorphizing". Do fish feel pain? Sure? Do they feel "fear and agony" akin to a human reaction? Yeah, right...

And as we know, animals never hurt each other. Yeah right. I have a dog and cat that I hope will hurt lots of moles. I wish PETA would start putting their money where their mouth is and start living on compressed algea tablets. I think doing that for a while might cure some of them, or kill them off, which might be just as good in the long run.

Expound, please.  What did the find?

194763[/snapback]

I saw that episode. Goldfish do have a memory. They proved it thru the scientific method and it involve the fishes eating habits. I forget particulars but that myth was busted

While attending a Michael W. Smith concert this past December, the PETA folks were gathered at the door passing out brochures asking the question "What would Jesus Eat, and What would Jesus Drive"? This really irks me good, but a good friend of mine answered it for me. Looking PETA mite in the eye, he flat out told him off. Jesus would drive a Dodge Magnum extended cab pickup truck with a 8-cylinder, dual exhaust Diesel engine with a very large ladder rank and topper. For everyone knew, Jesus was a CARPENTER, and all carpenters would drive that if they had the choice.

The PETA guy about crapped his drawers and came back with, well he was still a vegetarian. In which my friend replied, sorry pal, he was a jew, and jews ate passover meals which included gouging out the eye of lamb, and giving it as an honored present to the head of the table, which was obviously Jesus. All the people around clapped and cheered, and the PETA people beat feet out of the area. Those guys are morons, and not only out of touch with reality, they usually make it up as they go.

Expound, please.  What did the find?

194763[/snapback]

They ran a test with goldfish.

They had 2 fish in two tanks. They set up a maze in each tank and put the fish on one side and food on the other. Can't remember what they did, but one fish was able to find his through the maze faster each time he was put in the tank because he could remember the path.

While attending a Michael W. Smith concert this past December, the PETA folks were gathered at the door passing out brochures asking the question "What would Jesus Eat, and What would Jesus Drive"?  This really irks me good, but a good friend of mine answered it for me.  Looking PETA mite in the eye, he flat out told him off.  Jesus would drive a Dodge Magnum extended cab pickup truck with a 8-cylinder, dual exhaust Diesel engine with a very large ladder rank and topper.  For everyone knew, Jesus was a CARPENTER, and all carpenters would drive that if they had the choice. 

The PETA guy about crapped his drawers and came back with, well he was still a vegetarian.  In which my friend replied, sorry pal, he was a jew, and jews ate passover meals which included gouging out the eye of lamb, and giving it as an honored present to the head of the table, which was obviously Jesus.  All the people around clapped and cheered, and the PETA people beat feet out of the area.  Those guys are morons, and not only out of touch with reality, they usually make it up as they go.

195079[/snapback]

That's a perfect response. I wish more people were familiar with the Bible and how God wants us to live.

They ran a test with goldfish.

They had 2 fish in two tanks. They set up a maze in each tank and put the fish on one side and food on the other. Can't remember what they did, but one fish was able to find his through the maze faster each time he was put in the tank because he could remember the path.

195346[/snapback]

In the morning, when I take my dog out, she knows when she comes back in, to go into her kennel, sit and wait for a treat. (because I'm going to work). At night, however, after I take her out, she walks right past her kennel and into my room (Where she sleeps).

If i say "outside" to her, she goes to the door, and once outside goes to the backyard, to take care of business. If i say "go for a ride?" she heads straight for my truck.

Get a Salmon to do any of that, and I'll think twice about grilling one with some butter and lemon (and some pepper, of course).

In the morning, when I take my dog out, she knows when she comes back in, to go into her kennel, sit and wait for a treat. (because I'm going to work). At night, however, after I take her out, she walks right past her kennel and into my room (Where she sleeps). 

If i say "outside" to her, she goes to the door, and once outside goes to the backyard, to take care of business. If i say "go for a ride?" she heads straight for my truck.

Get a Salmon to do any of that, and I'll think twice about grilling one with some butter and lemon (and some pepper, of course).

195398[/snapback]

Actually, at times when I have had a fishtank, I have trained my fish to get ready for dinner with a simple Pavlovian stimulus: tapping the tank lightly with the fish food can. Doesn't take too many times of tapping the tank with the can, then feeding after a brief pause, before the fish start surfacing as soon as you tap the tank. I've done the same thing with turning the tank light on.

Not too much different than what your dog does. Same theory behind it.

and by the way, if humans were only supposed to eat vegetables, why the hell do we have two canine teeth?

195417[/snapback]

And, to use an old sig line of Poojer's (IIRC), if we weren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?