Quarterbacks in the Draft

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Zac Dysert is absolutely terrible. Watch some tape on him. He never makes the impressive, NFL throws. He can zip it across the middle. That's all I've seen. .He misses wide open receivers consistently. CONSISTENTLY. That's an instant red flag.

I obviously like Glennon as you can see by my avatar. The misconceptions on him on these boards are insane. People say that he's just a potential guy. Just a tools guy. He's not. He's polished and proven. He has done so much at NC State with one of the worst receiving corps in the country. It's been terrible, but Glennon has still shined.

Edited by DStebb716

Bowl games don't mean sh*t

I beg to differ. Bowl games can test a QB against good competition in a pressure situation. They definitely do matter.

I'm an NC State Wolfpack season ticket holder and have watched Mike Glennon closely for two years. If there's a dark horse in this, it's him. He has the tool set. He needs what all rookies will need.. good coaching and a decent OLine. At this point, I dont think there's a rookie out there that will succeed in BUF. Every QB in here since Flutie has been setup to fail. Next season will be no different. You simply cant judge in advance what an NFL rookie QB will or wont do. It's very dependent upon the organization as a whole. RG3 and Luck are extreme exceptions that both happened in the same season. Quite rare and highly unlikely to be repeated with any of next season's rookie QBs. I would feel more sorry for Glennon if the Bills took him than I would BUF not getting a good QB. This team does one thing really well and that's destroy young QBs.

And what good young QB has Buffalo had a chance to "destroy". None of the QB's the Bills have drafted or signed have done anything anywhere else, so that tells me they just weren't very good.

I would have one Vet Qb, then I would draft one in the first or second round and one more in the 6th round (we do not have a 7th round choice).

I see somone like Smith or Fitz as the Vet and Nassib or Jones or Boyd,or Glennon or Wilson as the high pick. Nick Florence should be there in the 6th round.

I would make a starter decision by training camp. If the team were not in serious playoff contention by the bye week the coach needs to have the guts to make a change.

With what coach Marrone done with Nassib I would really like to see if he could level out Bray. As a Vol fan is just seemed like Bray would get done too easily. Maybe it was tuff to handle all those dropped balls? Marrone might just be what Bray needs.

What do you like about Bray. From what I've witnessed, he's been awful.

Why? Alex Smith is a slightly better version on Fitz. Trust me, the guy won't come close to his stat line on the Bills. He was carried by the #1 defense and a coach that puts him in good situations. Draft a guy you like and start him from the jump.

I think the Bills should give their 2nd or 3rd round pick to the Patriots and trade for Ryan Mallett. He is probably better prospect than any of the ones coming out in the draft. As for the discipline issue, it should not be a problem with Marrone as the HC.

I think the Bills should give their 2nd or 3rd round pick to the Patriots and trade for Ryan Mallett. He is probably better prospect than any of the ones coming out in the draft. As for the discipline issue, it should not be a problem with Marrone as the HC.

Here's the main thing with me and Mallett now...and I liked him more than most coming out...If Belichick was willing to trade him inside Division, there's no way I would touch the Kid...I can't see the Pats wanting to trade him to a team they play twice every year if they truly thought he was any good...

It's just a weird situation with Mallett...Fooled us once...Remember? ;)

Here's the main thing with me and Mallett now...and I liked him more than most coming out...If Belichick was willing to trade him inside Division, there's no way I would touch the Kid...I can't see the Pats wanting to trade him to a team they play twice every year if they truly thought he was any good...

It's just a weird situation with Mallett...Fooled us once...Remember? ;)

The Bledsoe and Mallet are two different situations. Mallett also will be a FA after the end of 2013 season. They could get something in return for him.

Has Mallett done something that I'm unaware of?

:unsure:

Has Mallett done something that I'm unaware of?

:unsure:

Sitting and Rotting on the Patriots Bench behind the Veteran Brady!! May be the Bills can give him a shot to do something different. It can't hurt as he is probably better than the scrubs that we have here.

Sitting and Rotting on the Patriots Bench behind the Veteran Brady!! May be the Bills can give him a shot to do something different. It can't hurt as he is probably better than the scrubs that we have here.

This is the bit I don't get. He was a 3rd rounder 2 drafts ago. With showing pretty much nothing since then, why is he worth a 2nd or 3rd in trade....and why is he better than the 3-8 QBs slated to be 1st or 2nd round potential?

Edited by Dibs

This is the bit I don't get. He was a 3rd rounder 2 drafts ago. With showing pretty much nothing since then, why is he worth a 2nd or 3rd in trade....and why is he better than the 3-8 QBs slated to be 1st or 2nd round potential?

Everyone knew that Mallet is not going to come in and upseat Tom Brady. He was going to be their insurance policy in case Brady got injured (and he did not since the arrival of Mallet). Without real game time experience, you don't really know what you are going to get other than knowing that he is a strong arm QB that made all the throws in college.

Since he was drafted in the 3rd round, I am sure Belichek is not going to give him away for anything less than a 3rd rounder. A 2nd rounder could be a possibility if Belichek creates a demand for him by dangling him in the trade block. The key is that in a Weak draft class, Mallet may be worth giving a 2nd or 3rd rounder rather than investing that on a Mike Glennon or other QBs that don't appear to have many weakness in their game.