Sal Capaccio podcast

It's always something...

-He's got a winning record but 19-39 against winning teams

-hasn't been to the playoffs in 5 of the last 6 years

And yet...

-he's 6-3 in the playoffs

-been to 2 NFC Championships and a SB

-went to the Super Bowl with Rex freakin Grossman

As Bills fans we always find something...

Oh please. I wish people would stop with the ridiculous "Bills fans can never be happy" garbage. We're just trying to be thorough and objective in our opinions, instead of just blindly accepting.

Like I've said elsewhere, I could be okay with Lovie, but its not like the guy is the second coming. Some of us have concerns that he may not be the guy to get us a championship, given the glaring problems he had at his previous job. Nothing wrong with pointing it out.

Oh please. I wish people would stop with the ridiculous "Bills fans can never be happy" garbage. We're just trying to be thorough and objective in our opinions, instead of just blindly accepting.

Like I've said elsewhere, I could be okay with Lovie, but its not like the guy is the second coming. Some of us have concerns that he may not be the guy to get us a championship, given the glaring problems he had at his previous job. Nothing wrong with pointing it out.

Thank you, Rubes. I agree wholeheartedly. I basically said the same thing the other day and was attacked for it. I don't hate Lovie as the choice, nor would I be thrilled with him. He would be a safe choice...low risk/medium reward, IMO. What concerns me with him is his seeming inability to pick a decent OC and the fact that his teams have missed the playoffs five of the last six years. I think if you get so narrow-minded in your choice of only one candidate that you leave yourself open for heartache when it doesn't come to fruition. I'd love to see them get a young, innovative, "outside the box" thinker but, quite frankly, I don't care who it is at this point as long as the Bills get it right this time. This thirteen year drought has become unbearable and turned the fans of this team against one another.

Thank you, Rubes. I agree wholeheartedly. I basically said the same thing the other day and was attacked for it. I don't hate Lovie as the choice, nor would I be thrilled with him. He would be a safe choice...low risk/medium reward, IMO. What concerns me with him is his seeming inability to pick a decent OC and the fact that his teams have missed the playoffs five of the last six years. I think if you get so narrow-minded in your choice of only one candidate that you leave yourself open for heartache when it doesn't come to fruition. I'd love to see them get a young, innovative, "outside the box" thinker but, quite frankly, I don't care who it is at this point as long as the Bills get it right this time. This thirteen year drought has become unbearable and turned the fans of this team against one another.

I keep reading and hearing this but I don't see this being a problem. I don't think his choice of Mike Martz was a bad choice he was the architect of the "Greatest show on Turf" after all. It was more that Culter couldn't get along with Martz. So, I think that is more of an inditement of Culter than Smith.

I keep reading and hearing this but I don't see this being a problem. I don't think his choice of Mike Martz was a bad choice he was the architect of the "Greatest show on Turf" after all. It was more that Culter couldn't get along with Martz. So, I think that is more of an inditement of Culter than Smith.

Maybe, maybe not. Either way, he's ultimately responsible for picking the right OC for his players. While his teams are normally very good defensively, they have been painful to watch offensively, IMO.

It's always something...

And yet...

+1

For all you Lovie Smith fans. Lovie has a good win/loss record, however, he is 19-39 against teams with a winning record. He is not an innovative coach, that's why he was in Chicago. For years during the Juron era, I heard many complaints about him being a corpse on the sideline. Lovie is a Juron clone, do you want another Juron?

All I really want is for you to be able to spell "Jauron"......:)

It's always something...

And yet...

Lovie or McCoy work for me...

I've lived in the Chicago area since 2001, the first year Jauron coached the Bears. Jauron's offenses stunk in Chicago and they stunk in Buffalo. I absolutely did not want Jauron to coach the Bills when they were looking for a coach at the time he was hired.

Lovie had a little bit better sucess than Jauron, but the Bears under him were still the same good defense no offense team.

The organization had got to get a coach who brings a good coordinator with him on the side of the ball that isn't his specialty this time. I'm not opposed to Lovie. It depends on who else he brings.

Maybe, maybe not. Either way, he's ultimately responsible for picking the right OC for his players. While his teams are normally very good defensively, they have been painful to watch offensively, IMO.

Well actually he has to suggest to the organization that he wants to hire someone, the team actually hires them. Maybe that is a plus for the Bills ... perhaps they could help with the selection process differently then the Bears did?

I've lived in the Chicago area since 2001, the first year Jauron coached the Bears. Jauron's offenses stunk in Chicago and they stunk in Buffalo. I absolutely did not want Jauron to coach the Bills when they were looking for a coach at the time he was hired.

Lovie had a little bit better sucess than Jauron, but the Bears under him were still the same good defense no offense team.

The organization had got to get a coach who brings a good coordinator with him on the side of the ball that isn't his specialty this time. I'm not opposed to Lovie. It depends on who else he brings.

I'm curious what his relationship with Angelo Crowell was..I read about some differing opinions on bring cutler in and some other differences on personnel. Do you have any knowledge or insight there?

Stop w the jauron nonsense. What's jaurons record as a head coach?

You can't coach in the league this many years and be a "bad" or "average" coach..especially at his w/l clip. And he has never had a great QB like rodgers or brady, brees, etc.

and we do ????? No more re-threads from Chi town who run just boring offenses. Same crap offenses here for 13 years. IM fed up with this utter ineptitude and people here think this guy will be different ??????? I hope the Bills get a young guy in here with some balls, who doesn't get brain farts and punts from the 35 yard line. A coach that can chew gum and THINK at the same time. A coach the knows how to manage the clock. A friend I know (lives in Chicago) thru my sailors organization who first gave me a heads up on Jauron and how bad he was ("This guy will have your head in knots with the bad decisions he makes") called me today. "We'er happy LS is gone and I hope for your sake, knowing that you have been going to games for 50 years that the Bills don't fall into the same trap and hire a Jauron clone" "He'll break your heart all over again" Hire a young assistant coach, hire a college HC but please just stay away from all these failed head coach re-threads. That is just plain insanity doing the same thing again and again and expecting different results.