Oregon Preparing Chip Kelly Replacement

Fadingpain

USA TODAY is reporting that Oregon will replace Chip Kelly with Offensive coordinator Mark Helfrich if Chip moves on to the NFL.

I find this interesting as it could suggest there is an internal awareness in Eugene that Chip has decided it's time to make the jump to the NFL.

One thing we can agree on is this: Chip Kelly is a hot property. If he actually ends up in Buffalo, we will know things have changed.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/pac12/2013/01/03/fiesta-bowl-university-of-oregon-ducks-football-coach-chip-kelly-mark-helfrich/1807463/

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

According to WGR this afternoon, Oregon believes that they can continue to be successful without Kelly because they have his system and philosophy so fully embedded into their program. They've likely been preparing for this possibility for awhile.

Who's watching the Fiesta Bowl? I love this guy. Crazy formation for the 2 point try. And like a lightning strike, Oregon goes up 8-0.

After years of the likes of Dick Jauron and Chan Gailey, how can you NOT want Chip in Buffalo!?

Edited by Stopthepain

Who's watching the Fiesta Bowl? I love this guy. Crazy formation for the 2 point try. And like a lightning strike, Oregon goes up 8-0.

After years of the likes of Dick Jauron and Chan Gailey, how can you NOT want Chip in Buffalo!?

Agree. Love it.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over, expecting a different result. It's time we thought outside the box and are the team everyone says, "I wish we did that."

Yep. Once we hire Whiz, we'll know nothing changed despite Monday's press conference.

If he does come here, can we re-paint our helmets, Oregon style?

I am digging these uniforms. Kind of crazy, but totally different.

That candy apple green helmet is gorgeous, and I love how they put a single "O" on the back, instead of one on each side.

Even the uniforms say "we are different and cutting edge" in a way that is cool.

Bucky Gleason@TBNbucky

Oregon coach Kelly will meet with Bills on Friday http://tinyurl.com/aoze9lj via @TheBuffaloNews

Interesting if accurate. If Oregon wins this game tonight, we will be hitting Chip on a high. Maybe that could help.

Spiller might honestly be a factor that gets Kelly here. Can you imagine what Kelly would work up around Spiller.

He'd probably go the Gailey route, and give CJ 7 or 8 touches per game.

:wallbash:

Spiller might honestly be a factor that gets Kelly here. Can you imagine what Kelly would work up around Spiller.

All joking aside, I DO think CJ could help bring Chip to Buffalo. I am SURE Chip as an offensive mastermind would foam at the mouth as he approaches the chalkboard to draw up some new plays, knowing CJ is on the roster.

CJ is the kind of dynamic, explosive player Chip probably dreams of having.

According to WGR this afternoon, Oregon believes that they can continue to be successful without Kelly because they have his system and philosophy so fully embedded into their program. They've likely been preparing for this possibility for awhile.

It wasn't Mike Bellotti that made the program. It was Kelly.

I really dont know what will happen without Kelly. He has to have some gigantic gonads or be a little crazy to make some of the calls he makes.

I dont think another coach wouuld have the sack to play his style of football.

I'm not so sure if his style would translate to the NFL its completely boom or bust but it if it ranskates its a big boom.

Edited by Why So Serious?

CJ is the kind of dynamic, explosive player Chip probably dreams of having.

Hopefully not in the same way Jim Schwartz dreams of having Jahvid Best.

“Some people watch adult videos on their computer,” Schwartz said. “I go to YouTube and watch Jahvid Best highlight clips. That’s what gets me aroused.”

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan

It wasn't Mike Bellotti that made the program. It was McCoy.

I really dont know what will happen without McCoy. He has to have some gigantic gonads or be a little crazy to make some of the calls he makes.

I dont think another coach wouuld have the sack to play his style of football.

I'm not so sure if his style would translate to the NFL its completely boom or bust but it if it ranskates its a big boom.

Huh?

Hopefully not in the same way Jim Schwartz dreams of having Jahvid Best.

“Some people watch adult videos on their computer,” Schwartz said. “I go to YouTube and watch Jahvid Best highlight clips. That’s what gets me aroused.”

Oh dear lord......I bet Lovies happy not to have to shake that guys hand twice a year anymore lol

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.